• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:28:05 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

CAWS MOD Team - TRACK RELEASE - WIP Donington Park Circuit.

Started by Hawk, June 08, 2017, 01:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

WIP - Donington Park Circuit(Early Release)

Wheatcroft Straight:

Craner Curves and Old Hairpin:

Starkeys Bridge:

Mcleans:

Melbourne Hairpin:

Misc View:

The download link will be released via DD's "GPBOC Track Database" here: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=4584.0  as soon as possible today. Thank you.  :)

CAWS MOD Team

tchemi

Is it as bumpy and dangerous that the already available one ?? ^^

h106frp

This one is very nice to ride and flows better on turns  :)

CapeDoctor

this one is another frame-killer for me, much like the Brands one. i'll need to test it with the LAA hack, but as it, not playable for me.
certainly looks like a nice version  ;D

Hawk

Quote from: CapeDoctor on June 08, 2017, 06:14:58 PM
this one is another frame-killer for me, much like the Brands one. i'll need to test it with the LAA hack, but as it, not playable for me.
certainly looks like a nice version  ;D

If you don't mind me asking... What are your system specs Cape? As you can see in the pictures, the frame rate on my system is plenty good even though I don't have a high spec PC; though I am running the LAA Hack. I didn't try it without LAA, did it load up okay?

Hopefully Piboso will give us a true 64bit build as part of the next update.  ;D

Hawk.

tchemi

Tested it, It's very good ! Nice colors, lights. As for brand hatch, the surface are really beautifful !
The kerbs are quite good and it is rideable, not a tripwire field like the previous donington track.

Good jobs cattles !! ho I mean, CAWS !

Napalm Nick

Thanks for the feedback Tchemi! Much appreciated by all.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Davide74 on June 08, 2017, 10:39:57 PM
core exe always

Are you using the LAA Hack? If not then give it a try.  ;)

Hawk.

CapeDoctor

Quote from: Hawk on June 08, 2017, 08:00:11 PM

If you don't mind me asking... What are your system specs Cape? As you can see in the pictures, the frame rate on my system is plenty good even though I don't have a high spec PC; though I am running the LAA Hack. I didn't try it without LAA, did it load up okay?

Hopefully Piboso will give us a true 64bit build as part of the next update.  ;D

Hawk.

sure - my rig is pretty long in the tooth, admittedly, but still shouldn't struggle this much with these tracks, i think.
CPU:  i5 @3.2GHz
GPU: GTX480 w 1.5GB VRAM
8GB RAM
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

if it makes it a little easier, here a short summary of my experience with the 3 recent tracks:

BRANDS: - initially unplayable, framerate dropping instantly from steady 30 to 1-2 for a second or more, and then frames just all over the place.
ran LAA hack, and then it was playable just like any other track.
CATALUNYA: initially perfectly playable, no need to even try LAA. no frame issues whatsoever.
DONINGTON: initially unplayable, as per Brands, frames spiking constantly 30 and 0. LAA hack made very little difference.... better, yes, but still unplayable.

Napalm Nick

Have you made any ini graphics changes from default Cape?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

Your GTX480 is where you have a problem maybe

Try this lil baby GTX 1030 for just £69: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/gigabyte-geforce-gt-1030-low-profile-2048mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-19b-gi.html as a real cheap upgrade or go for a 1050Ti which is great for most gaming in 1080p without needing to upgrade PSU etc etc

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

h106frp

Something does not sound quite right, have you tried benchmarking to see how it compares to similar systems?

Hawk

@Cape: Your specs are nearly the same as mine, except I have only 7GB RAM and a Radeon HD6950 2GB VRAM.

Hawk