• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:37:30 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GP250cc BikeMod [Beta 12b]

Started by Jose Reina, March 03, 2017, 10:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: Blackheart on June 06, 2017, 11:05:55 AM
Quote from: tchemi on June 06, 2017, 10:28:27 AM
Personnaly I think that every bike has an horrible grip in the sand. Sandpits are made to stop vehicules quickly. In GPB, if you go straight in the sand and manage to keep the bike up, you will go straight in the tyres wall without loosing that much speed.

Grip and bad simulation of the sand surface are 2 different things... modders can't do nothing about the second one.

EDIT: Bike modders*

Quote from: tchemi on June 07, 2017, 09:03:18 AM
Quote from: Hawk on June 06, 2017, 01:09:43 PM
Track modders have no say in how the "Sand" traps work; surfaces are simple definitions only and cannot be altered by a track modder. But the Bike Modders could start testing with the resistance to the tyre that a "Sand" surface represents to the bike tyres when a bike enters the sand traps. Would be an interesting test.  :)

Hawk.

Yep ! @Blackheart, You are totally right, grip and behaviour in the sand are two different things. I didn't knew about the tyre 'resistance' or gravity or anything that can retain the bike. But yes, it could be I good thing to test. Also, I think matty is right, bumps aren't a good solution imo.

Do you think we could start a new thread in the designated section to continue this discussion ?

You quote my post about a way Bike Modders could possibly find a solution for the lack of realistic grip in sand pits and yet you credit Blackheart for it even though he's suggested "Bike Modders" can't do anything about the "Simulation" of tyre grip in the sand pits?  That's logical to some I guess, Tchemi? Lol!  ;D

Or am I misunderstanding something here? ;D

Hawk.

LOOPATELI

This is what you can play around with.
Note that if you want to make the bike stop fast, then it will be harder to go back on track

sand
{
dry_grip = 0.300000
wet_grip = 0.200000
resistance_dry = 20.000000
resistance_wet = 30.000000
}

Hawk

Quote from: LOOPATELI on June 07, 2017, 01:57:11 PM
This is what you can play around with.
Note that if you want to make the bike stop fast, then it will be harder to go back on track

sand
{
dry_grip = 0.300000
wet_grip = 0.200000
resistance_dry = 20.000000
resistance_wet = 30.000000
}

Would be good to test whether altering the resistance factors will affect the tyre temps dramatically too, if at all?.... No good putting high resistance into the sand if the tyres are screwed when you get back on track.  :)
I've a feeling they won't affect the tyre temps, but would be cautionary just to check it in debug mode when testing this.  ;)

tchemi

HAHA Hawk, you got me !  ;D

There was a dot. It was two different sentence !! But I started to credit BH before I quoted you. Yeah, it may be confusing.

Anyway, I'm not talking about wether or not modders can do anything. I was just pointing out that Blackheart was right. Tyre grip and bike/environment behaviour are two different thing, may they be moddified by modders.

tchemi

Hey guys,

The 'info' section of the bike give a strange info about Power. I did'nt found the correct spec on the web but I wonder if it is normal that a 250cc could be that powerfull. The only number I can get online is always the same. It says 40 HP for the road version. Ok, it's the road version, but I don't see how the race version could have barely 100 more HP

LOOPATELI

Boerenlater

Quote from: tchemi on June 08, 2017, 03:38:25 PM
Hey guys,

The 'info' section of the bike give a strange info about Power. I did'nt found the correct spec on the web but I wonder if it is normal that a 250cc could be that powerfull. The only number I can get online is always the same. It says 40 HP for the road version. Ok, it's the road version, but I don't see how the race version could have barely 100 more HP

This is Mugello 2009, the warmup vs Moto2 warmup.
Look at that top speed, only about 10-15kph less than the Moto2 these days.
Those 250cc must have had well above 100bhp to reach those speeds.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

BozoCRO

Eurosport crew said several times that 250s are somewhere around road 600s. At that time it was about 100hp.

tchemi

Yep, ok ! Thx guys !! Seriously tho, 110 hp in a 250cc, WTF :D

CapeDoctor

the joys of 2 stroke motoring....  ;D

Hawk

I think you'll find that the difference in BHP for these 250's between the years 1998-99 and 2009 is quite big. I'd suggest more research on this because I've a feeling these 250's had around 78 - 90BHP for the years 1998-99. Also be aware that many quotations could be BHP at the crankshaft and not at the rear wheel?  :)

Hawk.

badtothebone99

The Aprilia 250 of JMB in 1995 had a little bit over of 100hp

Click like if you love motorbikes ;) https://www.facebook.com/artfmoto?fref=ts

Hawk

Quote from: badtothebone99 on June 09, 2017, 01:02:37 PM
The Aprilia 250 of JMB in 1995 had a little bit over of 100hp

I would suspect that was at the crankshaft?  :)

Hawk.

badtothebone99

Quote from: Hawk on June 09, 2017, 01:21:14 PM
I would suspect that was at the crankshaft?  :)

Hawk.

I don't know exactly, but I think yes, is at crankshaft

badtothebone99

All the data of racing motrcycles (motogp, sbk, etc.) of hp, are usually from crankshaft.