• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:18:30 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Multiplayer problem

Started by Nicotine, March 21, 2017, 03:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicotine

I am having a problem about playing multiplayer, my brother and I each had a license gpbikes, we stayed in the same house, and use the same Internet connection, we each have a personal computer...........the problem is, when we both want to play along with another friend, one of us was not able to join my friend (my friend is host), if I could join my friends, then my brother can not, as well as its reversionary.

please help us
GP-Bikes Indonesia

doubledragoncc

Are you saying you cant both join at same time from same internet as t may be that there is an IP conflict

make sre you both have a static iP that is different to each other first

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

teeds

I think this will be because your router cannot pass the same port to 2 computers. If i'm correct the only way around it will be for one of you sharing the connection to host and have the remote friend join your server, then the other person on your network will be able to join as well over the LAN.

Nicotine

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 21, 2017, 03:09:02 PM
Are you saying you cant both join at same time from same internet as t may be that there is an IP conflict

make sre you both have a static iP that is different to each other first

DD
i mean my friend make a lobby, my brother can joint my friend lobby and i cant joint my friend lobby, always connection timeout, and if i can joint my friend lobby, my brother can not joint my friend lobby, same problem, connection time out
GP-Bikes Indonesia

Nicotine

Quote from: teeds on March 21, 2017, 03:25:39 PM
I think this will be because your router cannot pass the same port to 2 computers. If i'm correct the only way around it will be for one of you sharing the connection to host and have the remote friend join your server, then the other person on your network will be able to join as well over the LAN.
but if me and brother joint at CAWS lobby, we can joint without connection timeout.

how to sloved it? thanks for reply
GP-Bikes Indonesia

doubledragoncc

it could be your friend hosting that is the problem. Try to join other servers together to test

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Nicotine

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 21, 2017, 05:12:32 PM
it could be your friend hosting that is the problem. Try to join other servers together to test

DD
me and all my friend around 5 member, only the one friend can make the lobby and make all member can joint his lobby, total 4 member on my friend lobby, ofc my brother in that lobby too....only me or my brother have this problem, and i think my friend have no problem about it.

Please pardon me about my bad English.

Thanks for reply DD
GP-Bikes Indonesia

RaDiCaL

You and your brother are using the same Internet Connection right? My son and i are having the same Problem.
only one of us is able to connect on a public Server and the other receive an "Connection timeout".
I have tried to use port forwarding but it is soooo difficult for me with my telekom router (W724V) and i was not able to do this right.
It would be nice if someone has an solution for us...i dont want wo ride only in private sessions.

-Michael

Steven

We had the same problem with a Vodafone/LTE router here.
As teeds already mentioned this seems to be a limitation of the router and it can't differentiate between the two PCs. When we got our router we didn't find anything to set up in the router to make it work. From what I understood "port triggering" might be an option (but our router doesn't support this).
Luckily we had another router to connect to the LTE router that solved it.
What I also thought about is to connect the PCs directly and share one PC's internet connection. Maybe this way the PC is able to differentiate between the two connections.

RaDiCaL

In previous versions of gpbikes we dont had this Problem. It's since the current Version (11c).

CapeDoctor

hi folks
mine is a different issue, but i figured i might as well post here rather than starting a new thread with essentially the same title.
with past beta's, i have successfully managed to host a local online server. didn't really use it much, but it worked, and others could see and join the server.
however, with beta11, i'm either doing something wrong, or it's just not working.
on most attempts to host, it usually crashes on the 'syncing' load screen.
earlier today, i managed to get into the settings/garage menu, but it crashed the instant i went to the track.
so far, 0% success rate attempting to host a local server.
anyone have any ideas, what might i have forgotten to do, or why it won't work....?
any advice welcomed...

doubledragoncc

I think it is YOUR GPB Doc as mine works fine like it should

Try an OVER INSTALL but remember to edit any ini files again as they will be reset to default

DD

Nicotine

Quote from: RaDiCaL on May 25, 2017, 09:30:50 PM
You and your brother are using the same Internet Connection right? My son and i are having the same Problem.
only one of us is able to connect on a public Server and the other receive an "Connection timeout".
I have tried to use port forwarding but it is soooo difficult for me with my telekom router (W724V) and i was not able to do this right.
It would be nice if someone has an solution for us...i dont want wo ride only in private sessions.

-Michael
Yeah.......only one of us can joined the public server.....we cant joint together
GP-Bikes Indonesia

Nicotine

Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 11, 2017, 06:31:25 PM
I think it is YOUR GPB Doc as mine works fine like it should

Try an OVER INSTALL but remember to edit any ini files again as they will be reset to default

DD
now, i must have two connection for we can play together....sadly, my english is bad......sorry about it.
GP-Bikes Indonesia