• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:09:38 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Race/trackday/road pics.. lets see em!!

Started by BOBR6 84, August 21, 2014, 08:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tchemi

<In my humble opinion>, the 2K5 - 2K7 was a pure master piece. And I'm not the only one in my country.
Even today, a good looking 2K5 cannot be found under 7 000€. A 2009-2010 can be found at 5 000€

It's one of most sexy and good looking bike ever made !

Since the 2008, they only made ugly bikes IMO.

The hornet was cool before 2006 then it became ugly AF
The fireblade became ugly,
The CBF has always been ugly, lol
The classic and simple CB 500 became ugly
The VRF became fat and... ugly
The nice and sexy ass of the 1300 super four disapeared in 2007

WTF Honda !!

The only bike that is more beautifull now than before is the 'Fricatwin. And the CBF125 is still the same ^^

</In my humble opinion>

But... I don't have any frief against Honda. I own myself an old bath tube with wheels with wings on the fairings ^^ She's older than me btw
And, I would like to test the new fireblade, just for the curiosty

Desteban

Quote from: Stout Johnson on June 01, 2017, 12:03:31 PM
I wish I had the money for a second bike (just yet). I am also pretty in love with the R1. Did you have a chance to ride the 2017 Fireblade and do you know how it compares to the R1? The new Fireblade is also said to have a handling like a 600.

Nah sry, and I propably won't test ride it. I don't want to spoil my love for the R1  ;D

But I do share tchemi's sentiment that the CBR is still ugly  :P

I honestly don't think those liter bikes are that far apart when it comes to performance. So you should atleast test ride any bike you are willing
to consider buying.   ;)

If you are only riding on the street anyway I would recommend a supermoto.
They are really awesome while being kinda less dangerous, cheaper and well maybe easier to ride.
There apparently are some lunatics that use their R1 to the fullest potential on public roads, but
if you don't those sport bikes are just expensive....and of course good looking.  ;D

tchemi

Quote from: Desteban on June 02, 2017, 09:25:48 PM
Quote from: Stout Johnson on June 01, 2017, 12:03:31 PM
I wish I had the money for a second bike (just yet). I am also pretty in love with the R1. Did you have a chance to ride the 2017 Fireblade and do you know how it compares to the R1? The new Fireblade is also said to have a handling like a 600.
Nah sry, and I propably won't test ride it. I don't want to spoil my love for the R1  ;D

What I usually do is go to open days in different stores (this is the good season by the way). Sometimes they ask you to pay a garantee, sometimes not, sometimes you are in a big group with newbies and you can't really try the bike, sometimes you can be alone or in group of burned head. It vary a lot. Any way, it is allways a good way to test and compare bikes

I honestly don't think those liter bikes are that far apart when it comes to performance. So you should atleast test ride any bike you are willing
to consider buying.   ;)

2 years ago I would have totally disagree with you. But yes, since the R1M, the new ninja, and now in 2017 the new fireblade and GSXR, they may be quite equivalent.
2 or 3 years ago, BMWs and Ducati's were in an other century compared to old crossplane and gex.

If you are only riding on the street anyway I would recommend a supermoto.
They are really awesome while being kinda less dangerous, cheaper and well maybe easier to ride.

Man ! In my country, you have choice between Husqvarna 701, KTM SMR or Ducati Hypermotard. These bikes aren't cheap nor easy to ride ^^
Hoooo, of course you can look for an old DR 400 SM, but it's old, and very few available.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: tchemi on June 02, 2017, 09:05:02 PM
<In my humble opinion>, the 2K5 - 2K7 was a pure master piece. And I'm not the only one in my country.
Even today, a good looking 2K5 cannot be found under 7 000€. A 2009-2010 can be found at 5 000€

It's one of most sexy and good looking bike ever made !

Since the 2008, they only made ugly bikes IMO.

The hornet was cool before 2006 then it became ugly AF
The fireblade became ugly,
The CBF has always been ugly, lol
The classic and simple CB 500 became ugly
The VRF became fat and... ugly
The nice and sexy ass of the 1300 super four disapeared in 2007

WTF Honda !!

The only bike that is more beautifull now than before is the 'Fricatwin. And the CBF125 is still the same ^^

</In my humble opinion>

But... I don't have any frief against Honda. I own myself an old bath tube with wheels with wings on the fairings ^^ She's older than me btw
And, I would like to test the new fireblade, just for the curiosty

I still have the 2006 fireblade  :-* :-* :-*  an i still love it  ;D ;D tried to sell it a couple of times but im just going to keep it now..  ;)

tchemi

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on June 02, 2017, 10:33:16 PM
I still have the 2006 fireblade  :-* :-* :-*  an i still love it  ;D ;D tried to sell it a couple of times but im just going to keep it now..  ;)
::)

Ho yes you should !!

Do you have some pics ??

BOBR6 84

BOBR6 84

My Respect too Davide!  ;) this is my mate jamie.. did the manx gp 3 years ago, can't believe its 3 years already  :o since then he raced in the british  motostars 125 championship.. and this year on to the European moto2 championship! all with the same team.. nice custom built chassis  :-* :-*

this august im at the manx again with a good mate of mine.. spannering and pit stop duties.. aswell as lending my bike for backup spares!

hope the weather is better than it has been for the TT lol  :-\

JJS209

i started rebuilding the r6 last week in my garage:

matty0l215

Nice little setup you have got there JJ!

Any perticular reason for the Rebuild or just a re-fresh??
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

JJS209

my cave is growing step by step ;)

back in '11 i have had an accident on the autobahn with her. bought a new frame, fork, rims, etc.
and now, for some reason, i am motivated to rebuild her.

Desteban

Nice!
Have fun mate :)

You going to rebuild it for street or track?
I only dismantled a road R6 once but hell I know I won't reassemble one for the streets^^

JJS209

Meyer#12

Soon i will be back on the bikes!

3,5 year away from these beasts and finally found money for one race this year and hopefully a full season in Swedish championship next year!

A picture from back in 2012 (was racing same bike and team in 2013 when my last race season was)

Meyer#12