• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:42:08 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

MaxTyre - A tool to visualize/edit the GPB tyre model

Started by HornetMaX, December 27, 2014, 05:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

v1.6b out:

• Fix a monster of a bug i cannot even understand how I missed it. Thx to Loopateli for reporting.

LOOPATELI

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 16, 2017, 07:15:41 PM
v1.6b out:

• Fix a monster of a bug i cannot even understand how I missed it. Thx to Loopateli for reporting.

Thanks Max!  ;) 8)

Hawk.

grimm

I was just thinking to myself today, as I was working, that I should really experiment more with the tire files and suspension types of GP and MX Bikes. Piboso added a multitude of options for suspension, and I am really interested in how the tires are effected, and "rigid" suspension, since it is now possible, would really bring out the changes in the tire files... and then I discover your wonderful tool for modifying the tires properly.

I've got a limited understanding of the magic formula, back in the days of Dolphinity Racer by Ruud van Gaal, I had played around with tire slip and grip with the Pacejka. I'm pretty much oblivious to what it all is, but visualizing it via MaxTyre is incredibly convenient to understand the changes and effects.

A huge thank you, I'm going to start experimenting tomorrow morning with a cup of coffee and a fresh mind. I really want a flat track racing setup on MX Bikes.

HornetMaX

Hey grimm, careful that the tyre model of MXB is more complex than the one of GPB and there are many things that are not covered by my tool.

Cheers !

grimm

Thanks for the info. I figured if I can get a decent idea of how the tire model works when things are changed in GPB it won't be too far away to change something on MXB and possibly get it a little more consistent sliding sideways around an oval dirt track.

Myst1cPrun3

Is this going to get an update to allow it to function for the newest betas? Could be quite useful, especially if we can just select stuff like slides on entry/exit etc
and have it generated for us

HornetMaX

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on May 22, 2020, 06:15:25 PMIs this going to get an update to allow it to function for the newest betas?
I don't think anything has changed recently in GPB tyre model, it should just work as before.

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on May 22, 2020, 06:15:25 PMCould be quite useful, especially if we can just select stuff like slides on entry/exit etc and have it generated for us
That's just not possible. Have a quick read at how GPB tyre model work and you'll see.