• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:47:01 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Bad injury for V.Rossi

Started by HornetMaX, August 31, 2017, 07:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 31, 2017, 07:34:57 PM
Surgery overnight. Not much hope I guess (for him to fight for the championship I mean).

Rossi has exactly zero chances to win the championship, broken leg or mint shape.
His team-mate is faster, Marquez is faster, even Dovi is faster.
Only two podiums in the last nine races...  :P
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Blackheart

Quote from: PiBoSo on August 31, 2017, 09:21:40 PM
Rossi has exactly zero chances to win the championship, broken leg or mint shape.
His team-mate is faster, Marquez is faster, even Dovi is faster.
Only two podiums in the last nine races...  :P

Yeah, yeah we know that u are a Rossi hater, (Are u sure that u are not Odi?  ???) but the fact is just one; -26 points.

So same chances of Marquez and Vinales or Dovizioso...

guigui404

Quote from: Blackheart on August 31, 2017, 09:29:47 PM
Yeah, yeah we know that u are a Rossi hater, (Are u sure that u are not Odi?  ???) but the fact is just one; -26 points.
So same chances of Marquez and Vinales or Dovizioso...
Wao Rossi's fan can't get it , 26 points it's BIG , and no not same chance , do you want some probability lessons ?

Blackheart

F1 Kimi Raikkonen 2007...

-17 points with yet 20 points, he win the champ. You want a other lesson?

HornetMaX

I think he had *some* chances before the broken leg: he has tons of experience and who knows, others can have troubles / crash  ...
But now it's really zero chances: broken tibia+perone, it will take time to come back, he's not young anymore. He'll be out a good while, he's not a mad horse like Doohan.

Tyres: yes, they can be puzzling, but they are the very same for everybody, so it's hardly an excuse.
I recall plenty of Rossi fans being extremely happy of Bridgestone leaving ... maybe they thought that Michelin was to bring back the overnight special tyres some riders enjoyed years ago ...

P.S.
I stand on my pre-season bet (http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=4713.msg72372#msg72372): Marquez for the title.
But I'd be happy to get it wrong if Dovi wins :)

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 31, 2017, 09:50:30 PM
P.S.
I stand on my pre-season bet (http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=4713.msg72372#msg72372): Marquez for the title.
But I'd be happy to get it wrong if Dovi wins :)

Marquez should win easily...
Latest four races:
Marquez: 70 points, 3 podiums ( despite a broken engine when he was going for another podium!  :o )
Dovi: 68 points, 2 podiums
Pedrosa: 61 points, 3 podiums
Vinales: 59 points, 2 podiums
Rossi: 49 points, 1 podium  :P

Vini

with the shitty/inconsistent job michelin (and to some degree yamaha) is doing this season, i'd argue that there is still a realistic chance for rossi.

guigui404

Quote from: Blackheart on August 31, 2017, 09:39:17 PM
F1 Kimi Raikkonen 2007...

-17 points with yet 20 points, he win the champ. You want a other lesson?
1 time , and maybe he was the best , but yet rossi is the worst of the top boys

HornetMaX

Quote from: vini97 on August 31, 2017, 10:12:25 PM
with the shitty/inconsistent job michelin (and to some degree yamaha) is doing this season, i'd argue that there is still a realistic chance for rossi.
Do you realise he's gonna be out for quite some time ? I mean, the last race is Nov 12th, that's only 2.5 months from now.

Even if all the other top 6 riders die tomorrow, he may not be able to win it.

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: guigui404 on August 31, 2017, 08:55:04 PM
Quote from: Blackheart on August 31, 2017, 08:48:44 PM
Quote from: guigui404 on August 31, 2017, 08:30:43 PM
blew up engine for marquez , and still , both are better than Rossi this year

And the Rossi and Vinales tires drops in any good race? This champ has non sense, yes is "fun", but is (again like in the past) a "tires champ" not a bikes/riders champ.

With good tires (not these strange "Dorna" tires) maybe it was less fun, but more interesting.
Cm'on be sincere, tire drop is well manage by marquez and dovi on their bikes , maybe it's worse on the yamaha , but that doesn't change the fact , Dovi marquez are better than Rossi this year

Sorry, but this is not correct. Yamaha has official problems with the tir wear, look at the race of Catalunya, Jerez and Spielberg. Just keep it real, Rossi AND Vinales would be in a 10 point window for the championship, if the Yamaha was good. Heck, the Tech 3 guys are sometimes as fast as Rossi and Vinales and this is not a works bike. Sorry, but you have to blame Yamaha this year, even though Rossi is not at an all time high on his performance.

The season is over for Rossi, the Honda is better and the Ducati is WAY better. Marquez is in a great shape, like Dovi and Vinales, but Vinales will have the same problems with the Yamaha, so only Dovi and Marquez have a realistic chance. Why that? I only say Sepang. 35 degrees will kill the tires of the Yamaha in a second. I would say, it will be as bad or worse than Catalunya. Misano can also be quite hot. The odds are against Vinales, but if Dovi and Marquez are killing each other, he may have a chance. And Dani... I do not think he will have a chance this year. He will probably be the Stirling Moss of MotoGP :P

PS: Even though I am a Rossi fan, I see things pretty clear and realistic, so this is my honest opinion of the title race and I am not seeing things through yellow sunglases ;)
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

HornetMaX

Quote from: MultiCOOLFRESH on August 31, 2017, 11:28:37 PM
Sorry, but this is not correct. Yamaha has official problems with the tir wear,
A problem that yamaha must solve, just like others have done.

PS: Even though I am a Rossi fan, I see things pretty clear and realistic, so this is my honest opinion of the title race and I am not seeing things through yellow sunglases ;)
Well, it took a broken leg but ... :)

PiBoSo

And the Rossi and Vinales tires drops in any good race? This champ has non sense, yes is "fun", but is (again like in the past) a "tires champ" not a bikes/riders champ.

With good tires (not these strange "Dorna" tires) maybe it was less fun, but more interesting.
Cm'on be sincere, tire drop is well manage by marquez and dovi on their bikes , maybe it's worse on the yamaha , but that doesn't change the fact , Dovi marquez are better than Rossi this year

Sorry, but this is not correct. Yamaha has official problems with the tir wear, look at the race of Catalunya, Jerez and Spielberg. Just keep it real, Rossi AND Vinales would be in a 10 point window for the championship, if the Yamaha was good. Heck, the Tech 3 guys are sometimes as fast as Rossi and Vinales and this is not a works bike. Sorry, but you have to blame Yamaha this year, even though Rossi is not at an all time high on his performance.

Yamaha is still first in both the constructors and teams championships...
Not so bad after all  ;)

Boerenlater

September 01, 2017, 07:13:43 AM #27 Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 07:22:43 AM by Boerenlater
Injuries like this happen way too often when riders practice with supermoto or motocross.
I can't believe their teams don't forbid the riders from doing this in their spare time.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: PiBoSo on August 31, 2017, 11:54:14 PM

Yamaha is still first in both the constructors and teams championships...
Not so bad after all  ;)

Yeah, because Yamaha has two good riders, who are realy close together and a bike that is build for both riders and not only one rider. Ducati only has Dovi and Honda only has Marquez, but Yamha has both Rossi and Vinales to be at a high position. So the chance are doubled for them to be at a higher position and then there is the Tech 3 team, which is also pretty good.
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

Boerenlater

I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)