• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:11:16 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Bad injury for V.Rossi

Started by HornetMaX, August 31, 2017, 07:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty0l215

Quote from: Boerenlater on September 01, 2017, 07:13:43 AM
Injuries like this happen way too often when riders practice with supermoto or motocross.
I can't believe their teams don't forbid the riders from doing this in their spare time.

Because all of the best riders spend a huge amount if time doing it and it keeps their skills up even during the off season. What else are they going to do? :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

MultiCOOLFRESH

I think we should push motorcycle simulators (manufactured by DD ;D ) so every pro rider is safe while training :D
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

Hawk

Quote from: matty0l215 on September 01, 2017, 01:19:22 PM
Injuries like this happen way too often when riders practice with supermoto or motocross.
I can't believe their teams don't forbid the riders from doing this in their spare time.

Because all of the best riders spend a huge amount if time doing it and it keeps their skills up even during the off season. What else are they going to do? :P

Careful! We'll have the safety-first brigade stepping in and spoiling it for everyone before long. Lol! Just like they've ruined all the classic track layouts in a stupid attempt to slow competitors down..... HELLO! It's motorsport! It's inherently dangerous didn't they already know!!?? Lol!  ;D ;D

Boerenlater

Fine fine. Here's to more broken bones  ::)
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

matty0l215

Bit sarcastic Hawk... :P

You arn't wrong though. There is a reason why we have the little Triangle

But I can see what you're saying Boerenlater. F1 teams forbid there drivers from doing anything else that could endanger them. Just goes to show how much a MotoGP teams trust their riders to let them have a life outside the sport. It has been that way for a long time and long may It continue. ;D

grimm

I guess we should ban them from bicycling too then? Seeing as we just lost Hayden to that recently.

May as well just bubble wrap them and only take them out of the package for the race day....  ::)

People with your way of thinking seem to believe to some capacity or another, that MotoGP racers are coin operated dolls that they just wind up and send off for our entertainment. They are passionate about motorcycles, they are passionate about riding, and to restrict anything they enjoy about it would make their job as miserable as a cubicle gig in a high rise office building. Unless it's my money paying their checks, they can do whatever they want in the offseason if it helps them be better when it comes time to pull on the leathers and do the job they are paid to do.

PeterV

Quote from: grimm on September 01, 2017, 05:43:59 PM
I guess we should ban them from bicycling too then? Seeing as we just lost Hayden to that recently.

May as well just bubble wrap them and only take them out of the package for the race day....  ::)

People with your way of thinking seem to believe to some capacity or another, that MotoGP racers are coin operated dolls that they just wind up and send off for our entertainment. They are passionate about motorcycles, they are passionate about riding, and to restrict anything they enjoy about it would make their job as miserable as a cubicle gig in a high rise office building. Unless it's my money paying their checks, they can do whatever they want in the offseason if it helps them be better when it comes time to pull on the leathers and do the job they are paid to do.

I could not agree more grimm

Warlock

Hawk

+1 Totally agree with you Grimm! There's too much of this interfering mothering attitude going about these days.  ;)

Stout Johnson

Quote from: matty0l215 on September 01, 2017, 01:19:22 PM
Because all of the best riders spend a huge amount if time doing it and it keeps their kills up even during the off season. What else are they going to do? :P
Exactly, they practically are forced to engage in some kind of motorcycling during their spare time. You cannot expect to be an elite rider by riding bicycles, doing some cardio and riding the bike for 18 races and some tests.

On another note: It will be an extensive time off for Rossi until he is completely recuperated. I wonder whether it might even be the beginning of the end of his career. First of all, he will not be competitive right after coming back (maybe for Motegi). Then there will also be the major blow to his overall motivation since his 2017 campaign is pretty much over already. I wonder whether he will regain the motivation for another year. He has always stressed that he will only remain in MotoGP as long as he is competitive. With the problems of this year's Yamaha in connection with the Michelin tires, I think he might even contemplate retirement? I know he has a contract until 2018, but if his Yamaha does not make significant progress, I believe he might be out rather sooner than later.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Hawk

+1. Exactly my thoughts too Stout. I personally think he will probably retire after this season if Yamaha cannot convince him they will have better bikes/tyres for next season. It would just be a shame he couldn't get that 10th championship title first, I truly think that's been his only motivation over the last few years or we'd have seen him retire before now.

HornetMaX

Same as Stout, he's done for this year. Latest news say 40 days stop but what after ? 2017 title gone, not sure there's a lot of motivation to come back.
But if he can heal properly from the injury (if), I think he'll stay for another year. For one simple reasons: he enjoys it.

Warlock

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 01, 2017, 07:39:17 PM
I think he'll stay for another year. For one simple reasons: he enjoys it.

My thoughts too

doubledragoncc

Dont forget............He wants that 10th championship!!!

Rossi wont give up

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

matty0l215

https://streamable.com/ozdyi

Intereseting view from The current world champion on injurys while training And a Dig a Cal :P