• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:04:43 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

CAWS MOD Team - TRACK RELEASE - WIP Donington Park Circuit.

Started by Hawk, June 08, 2017, 01:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Thank you for your feedback Klippie.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

KG_03

I love the track. I have never been to Donington but this track makes me feel like I am riding on real track. Small question. Are the curbs really so agressive on this track? Each time I touch them the Yamaha R6 is jumping on them like crazy and most often it crashes.

Napalm Nick

The way the bikes handle kerbs in this game needs work. It just isn't right.  :(

Having said that, a lot of tracks IRL now have kerbs designed for cars and riders tend to stay well clear unless upright.

At the other end of the scale is Jerez - kerbs so flat you cant even feel them - buttttt.....it makes riding this game a lot better because you can take 'realistic' lines across the kerbs.

Hopefully PiB will refine the suspension even more as yet and track makers will smooth the buggers down. Unfortunately it is a lot of work.

Thanks for your feedback KG13. Try some other bikes too to be sure.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

KG_03

Thank you for reply. I will try for sure. I just picked R6 Bike and I felt addicted to doing lap times on this track so much that I forgot about anything else :-D

janaucarre

Hi,
Recently i was building a new track with race track builder and noticed a problem when i want ro export from 3ds to gpbikes. I put many tyrewall all along the track and cannot export without crash of 3dsmax. After seeing how many polygons i was afraid by the high number: 1'800'000 polygons only with tyres, so i deleted them and all come back to normal.
Maybe if you, caws, can export a track with 2'000'000 or more polygons (i can't), the track in gpbikes can be very hard to play with descent fps.

matty0l215

We have to use a 64bit version of 3ds Max 2010 to export tracks

Along with the LAA Hack, people can play with large tracks with decent FPS.

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hawk

September 11, 2017, 05:38:51 PM #36 Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 05:40:49 PM by Hawk
Quote from: janaucarre on September 11, 2017, 05:30:11 PM
Hi,
Recently i was building a new track with race track builder and noticed a problem when i want ro export from 3ds to gpbikes. I put many tyrewall all along the track and cannot export without crash of 3dsmax. After seeing how many polygons i was afraid by the high number: 1'800'000 polygons only with tyres, so i deleted them and all come back to normal.
Maybe if you, caws, can export a track with 2'000'000 or more polygons (i can't), the track in gpbikes can be very hard to play with descent fps.

Hi Janau.  ;)

I'm sorry Janau, but I'm not sure what your asking or stating there? It's a bit confusing.

Are you saying that Donington is running at a very low FPS rate for you?
Are you asking CAWS how to export a high detail track for GPB?

Edit: Matty beat me to the post. Lol. Hopefully he understood and answered your questions better than I?  ;D 8)

h106frp

Framerate does not seem dependant on total poly count, view distance appears to have by far the biggest impact so a long unobstructed view to horizon with objects visible = low frame rate, lack of track objeect LODs is also obvious when you get close to detailed areas like the pits.

Not totally sure but i have a hunch large geometry groups spread around the track also cause frame rate issues, it 'appears' better to cluster geometry into an object locally and have several occurances of the object spread out around the track.

Usually compile issues are due to non-uv mapped geometry and an 'empty' object (no mesh) will cause import failure for Max

Its also a good idea to run system memory view of the exporter while compiling, the 32 bit compiler will fail if it hits 4GB, I have seen >12GB when compiling very large tracks in 64bit

janaucarre

Hi,
Good to hear that you can use a 64bits version, i tried 6 or 7 different but no one work like 32bits, the only one time i used 64 was for monza years ago.
The problem with 64 is not export but 3ds itself, problem of definition, problem of menus in the windows (the 4 windows), and corexe repetitiv ;-) and other thing wich don't work.
And no, i didn't try donington yet but maybe in some minutes it will be done.

Thank you

h106frp

Cannot get on with 3DSMax myself, I just work in Blender then import the fbx to Max 64bit and compile and export

janaucarre

In 32 bits it never use more 2048 GB of memory (i have 8)
Thank you for explanation

TimboC137

Quote from: KG13 on September 11, 2017, 12:07:59 PM
Thank you for reply. I will try for sure. I just picked R6 Bike and I felt addicted to doing lap times on this track so much that I forgot about anything else :-D

i'm loving this track with the R6 also. the FFB is so detailed and strong with this bike and track. more then any other combo i've tried so far. donington has always been one of my favorites too. this is a great version, IMO. thanks CAWS

h106frp

September 11, 2017, 07:32:52 PM #42 Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 07:39:19 PM by h106frp
If you LAA the standalone 32 bit fbx2edf you can get up to 4GB  ;)

During compile the memory usage appears to peak twice, once when it initially reads all the data in and again (higher) just before it starts to write out, I guess this is all the textures being decompressed. If it is close to 2GB in 32bit and needs a bit more it just fails, it does not appear to have any 'clever' memory management.

janaucarre

Hi,
I use now LAA because track didn't load.
All is ok now.
The track is beautiful.
Flickering is a bit bad, not the publicity because we know this problem but the kerbs flickering. From my experience it happens when two polygons are to narrow, here it probably cause the kerbs are on the grass side around the track.
Thank you

Nicotine

GP-Bikes Indonesia