• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:42:42 AM

Hotlap Johor

Started by Desteban, February 23, 2014, 01:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desteban

Stout asked me where he loses time in Johor and I couldn't explain it to him good enough so I thought about showing him how I ride with the MaxHud and Input indicator. I figured I would share it here since there may be some other guys that find it interesting. Don't ask me about quality, youtube seems to hate me and I don't know why but my videos seem to have some very bad quality. HD is almost viewable but still not "HD"....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-UEg9BcgAY

PeterV

Hawk

Nice video, mate... And WOW, first person view also... I'm very impressed! ;D 8)

PS: Sorry... I was away from my PC earlier but I did get your message on steam. Thanks mate. ;)

Klax75

Quote from: Desteban on February 23, 2014, 01:46:26 AM
Stout asked me where he loses time in Johor and I couldn't explain it to him good enough so I thought about showing him how I ride with the MaxHud and Input indicator. I figured I would share it here since there may be some other guys that find it interesting. Don't ask me about quality, youtube seems to hate me and I don't know why but my videos seem to have some very bad quality. HD is almost viewable but still not "HD"....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-UEg9BcgAY

Man I wish Manual Lean's would be that smooth. :( There is a animation pop for me as soon as I hit 90mph. :/

Desteban

Good to see you guys like it! And don't worry Hawk ;)

If I could I would ride with manual lean but that is beyond me how to fit all that stuff on my gamepad. But yeah the animation is pretty fluent :D

iVolution

Great lap deste, impressive onboard footage, i think 3rd person view already is enough of a challenge for me ;). When looking at the footage (and during the race) i noticed you are taking a whole different line in that last chicane and that is where i think you can easily scrape of at least half a second. Combining that with the rest of that lap will guaranteed bring you in the 1.27's.

Desteban

Thx mate, I am already did a intermediate with 23.3 but the problem is there are some bumps before the chicane and if i break a little too early or had my bike goes airborne. And onboard it is very hard to nail the line right since I see the chicane very late. But with a guide I would be pleased to try it  ;D

iVolution

Once the race replay is online i will try to find a lap that serves as a good example. For me the trick is to brake a bit more early (i only touch the brakes very lightly) over the bumps and really cut extremely tight over the curbs. The same for the second part to the left and if done right you can get on the power pretty quickly. I never fall when really going straight over those curbs under any angle so its best to make use of that opportunity i think. Ill see if i can come up with something tomorrow when the replay is live.

Stout Johnson

yeah Ivo, but don't forget that Desteban is a real man and races onboard ;) you can nail the line much better and more constantly in 3rd person view...  It is amazing enough that Desteban is right there with the fastest of the fastest while riding onboard.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Desteban

ehm yeah with 3rd person you have a lot more visual info, but on the other hand besides the missing info it is "just" another view. So to be plain If you get used to onboard you can ride it like 3rd person without any problems. You just have to practice a little bit more in order to know the track like the back of your hand and be a little bit more aware when riding close to others^^

PS. I use a very daft cheat, 32" LCD TV right in front of my face...

iVolution

Quote from: Stout Johnson on February 24, 2014, 08:49:21 AM
yeah Ivo, but don't forget that Desteban is a real man and races onboard ;) you can nail the line much better and more constantly in 3rd person view...  It is amazing enough that Desteban is right there with the fastest of the fastest while riding onboard.
Yes and i take my hat of for that. Once i get the right visual tools (oculus rift) to be more aware of my surroundings I will definitely join the group of real man. But for now doing wheel to wheel racing most of the time with RTH or other guys simply wont work with an onboard view. The many years I played SBK2000/2001 is always drove onboard so i know the drill. It is just that now im not driving against AI which makes the locating of other riders much more important.

Warlock

February 24, 2014, 02:38:29 PM #11 Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 02:44:41 PM by Warlock
I think there is no need to know exactly where other riders are. You ride your line, the one who wants to overtake have to find the room and do it in a clean way.
Real riders dont have mirrors, they never know where others are, untill they see the front wheel of the other guy beside them.

In fact , i don't use to have this kind of problems riding onboard, sound is enough refference to know if the rider behind is at the left or right of you. When i feel the guy is right beside me, i give some room to him to overtake, or at least not to push him out the track.

This is why is very usefull to ride with others, and wait for them when they crash, you get used to ride in group.

JamoZ

I agree with Warlock. I still haven`t found the same speed as riding in 3rd person view, but after getting some use to onboard view it`s not really hard to keep track of other riders around you and even have a close race. Especially of those are the same riders you`ve been riding with for months now, you know eachothers lines & tricks. I have no problem running multiple close laps with Stout or Warlock onboard, just because we know from eachother how we ride. And riding in an onboard only servers gives everyone the same chances and eventually helps you get up to speed and get to know eachothers style.

And most important thing is, it doubles the fun ;) You experience intense moments in onboard view you just don`t get in 3rd person view...