• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:38:15 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Rider Ragdoll and realtime tyre deformation

Started by Manu, September 04, 2017, 05:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manu

I would love rider ragdoll physics and realtime tyres deformation.
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

Vini

yes! also in the same vein, chain slack/movement and backfire.

Hawk

MultiCOOLFRESH

Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

TFC

+1.. would love to see these ideas implemented at the polishing phase of things.

tchemi

Real time tyre deformation ??? Seriously ?
We spend our time on the bike, we don't see them. And we go too fast to see other guys tyres. I think it may take a lot of time and don't bring a lot of value to the soft.

+1 for the ragdoll thoug.

Hawk

Quote from: tchemi on September 05, 2017, 09:31:00 AM
We spend our time on the bike, we don't see them. And we go too fast to see other guys tyres. I think it may take a lot of time and don't bring a lot of value to the soft.

+1 for the ragdoll though.

It will look a lot better for those watching live stream and/or replays though. Would just add to the realism when watching events. :)

PeterV

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Hawk on September 05, 2017, 05:42:55 PM
Quote from: tchemi on September 05, 2017, 09:31:00 AM

+1 for the ragdoll though.

It will look a lot better for those watching live stream and/or replays though. Would just add to the realism when watching events. :)

Just imagine a slow-mo replay  :o seeing the front tyre get squashed against the tarmac  :-* :-* :-*

+1

DeeDeeDene

Hawk

Quote from: Guiga on September 14, 2017, 02:58:19 PM
Rag doll with so many falls will look like a fabric driver, without any resistance unfortunately. The racers have tendons and ligaments and rigidity when skidding away or being launched on a high-side.

Done properly with joint constraints and weight it could look very realistic, but I do understand where your coming from, in that if ragdoll was just implemented without any real thought about joint constraints, etc, then the rider model would look unrealistic just flapping about during crashes. So yeah, it would need to be done properly, but would look amazing. ;)

tchemi

For me, Ride 2 ragdoll is very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXwC0DrmdHc

I think they just gave limited articulation and the good proportion and weight (masses) to each body parts. It just looks like you are in coma each time you fall, but the result is convincing.

Hawk

Quote from: tchemi on September 15, 2017, 09:40:43 AM
For me, Ride 2 ragdoll is very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXwC0DrmdHc

I think they just gave limited articulation and the good proportion and weight (masses) to each body parts. It just looks like you are in coma each time you fall, but the result is convincing.

Totally agree there tchemi. Those ragdoll physics look pretty convincing to me, although as you rightly said, the rider does look like he's knocked unconscious as soon as he hits the ground.... which is fair enough I suppose but not every time, eh. Lol. But yeah, looks pretty good to me compared to past efforts in other games. ;D

Warlock

passerBy

May I add that the tyre deformation would be even better coupled with a completely new tyre model? Are we going to use the "Magic Formula" to death?