• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:33:03 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GPB known bugs

Started by HornetMaX, January 25, 2014, 03:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

January 25, 2014, 03:38:49 PM Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 11:19:26 AM by HornetMaX
Topic to list known bugs. Post here if something is missing.

• 2014/02/09 - Impossible to "respawn" on banked sections of the track: the rider/bike just fall immediately (have to go back top the pits).
  • 2014/02/08 - Shifting on the varese is odd: can upshift without dropping the throttle or using the clutch.
  • 2014/02/08 - Murasama rear brake disc (and sprocket) are not correctly centered.
  • 2014/02/08 - MSM125 rear wheel not aligned to the rear axle (see this post: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=693.msg6751#msg6751).
  • 2014/01/25 - Autoshift working really badly on the 990 when downshifting: seems to be worse on beta4 than it was in beta3.
  • 2014/01/22 - Crash when clicking on Settings from Replay: see this post Reproducible crash.

iVolution

1. Invisible riders: sometimes I only see the names but no bike/rider. Can sometimes be fixed by going to the pit
2. Temporary invisible bikes/riders: When in a server with multiple people, bikes just sometimes disappear for a few seconds (including rider name) and then just reappear as if nothing happened. The other person(s) seems to experience the same.

Arvoss

January 25, 2014, 10:53:17 PM #2 Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 10:57:07 PM by Arvoss
1. What iVo says: The game seems to render only +-6 bikes.
2. Ghost bike when someone joins lobby and you're on the track
3. 'Quick shift' Varese
4. Sometimes you jumpstart when you don't move (lag)

iVolution

January 25, 2014, 11:17:10 PM #3 Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 11:19:06 PM by iVolution
Quote from: Arvoss on January 25, 2014, 10:53:17 PM
2. Ghost bike when someone joins lobby and you're on the track
3. 'Quick shift' Varese
I think those (2 and 3) are not bugs but design decisions.

P.s. you see a ghost bike to prevent lag when you are on track and would have to load the skin of the guy joining

Reactive

February 09, 2014, 10:49:39 AM #4 Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 10:51:17 AM by Reactive
Bug on sloping surfaces.
When rider stand (after crash, for examle) on this surface it fall dawn (especially very often on Nordschleife). Also when bike moving with low speed (using I and K keys) on the sloping surfaces it fall dawn too (I also requested "LowSpeed stability" in my Some wishes thread, but seems like no one cares) :)

And, as additional wish for Reset timer after crash, I request about this timer be able to work not only when bike riding itself without rider, but also in situations when rider and bike falling in space (getting in collision holes, very useful while testing the track or someone riding on track with this errors).
Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

HornetMaX

Quote from: Reactive on February 09, 2014, 10:49:39 AM
Bug on sloping surfaces.

Yep, this is a good one, will add it.
The others however are whishes, not for this thread.

MaX.

Stout Johnson

Chain spinning around wildly - bad bug - I only noticed it on the new GSVR by Juju, but others reported it from other bikes too. The GSVR is by far the best bike atm - therefore many ride with it. But watching replays is just a mess with the spinning chain in the rear. Guess this bug could easily be solved...
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

HornetMaX

Quote from: Stout Johnson on February 09, 2014, 10:43:32 PM
Chain spinning around wildly - bad bug - I only noticed it on the new GSVR by Juju, but others reported it from other bikes too. The GSVR is by far the best bike atm - therefore many ride with it. But watching replays is just a mess with the spinning chain in the rear. Guess this bug could easily be solved...
Can somebody post a clear description of this problem happening on the default bikes (125, 500, 990) ?
I've read somewhere it is the case, but ...

MaX.

Warlock

I never seen it on other bikes, only with the GSVR

JamoZ

I have seen it on other bikes before (modded & stock piboso bikes), iVolution can confirm this aswell.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: JamoZ on February 09, 2014, 11:04:55 PM
I have seen it on other bikes before (modded & stock piboso bikes), iVolution can confirm this aswell.

that is good.... (well not that it happens, but having one to be able to report it :P ) I guess MaX would like to know if there are any special circumstances to be witnessed when it happens?

HornetMaX

Quote from: Stout Johnson on February 09, 2014, 11:11:17 PM
Quote from: JamoZ on February 09, 2014, 11:04:55 PM

that is good.... (well not that it happens, but having one to be able to report it :P ) I guess MaX would like to know if there are any special circumstances to be witnessed when it happens?
I'd just like some evidence (a screenshot, a video, a replay file), on default bikes first.
IIRC, the problem was visible on default bikes in replays, but only from certain distances/cameras (or something like this).

If we can have a replay file (.rpy) that allows anybody to see that, then that's great (debugging 101: step 1 = reproduce).

MaX.

Stout Johnson

would anyone be so kind and save a replay and a screenshot from that very replay to prove that this happens on Murasama?

camillozockt

to respawn on a banked section , just hit the throttle a few times , it works for me : )

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Stout Johnson on February 09, 2014, 10:43:32 PM
that annyoing chain bug is also very noticeable with the new GP12... it pretty much ruins every replay :-\

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 09, 2014, 10:55:15 PM
Can somebody post a clear description of this problem happening on the default bikes (125, 500, 990) ?
I've read somewhere it is the case, but ...
we need to do something about it.... anyone who sees this on one of the default bikes, PLEASE post a description and save a replay and screenshot and post it ... Thank you!

@JamoZ: you said, that you could reproduce that error on the Murasama... any news on that?