• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:28:42 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

125 keeps falling over in direction changes...

Started by davidboda46, February 24, 2014, 04:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

Hi guys (and girls?).

Question, why does the 125 very often fall over when you try to change direction? It's like you can't pick the bike up and get it to the other side. Happens a lot in chicanes (like a alot on Enna Pergusa for example) but also in fast corners when I just try to stand the bike up out of the corner? I've tried giving full gas, not giving gas, giving medium gas and everything in between. Tried to reduce lean angle and then it doesn't happen that often but for some corners you need the full lean angle so that can't be the answer right? Also it's hard to control the lean with the little analog stick on the 360 so I usually "steer" the bike with the gas and the brakes, and that works fine with the heavier bikes (500) (900) but not with the 125... What am I doing wrong? Is it me, setup or physics of the game? Please let me know what you think.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

JamoZ

The 125 is not really 100% rideable since Beta 2. You just have to be really careful and make sure you don`t flick the bike too fast from one side to another. Way i do it is to have a little millisecond of pause in between the movements. Just hold the stick in neutral position before starting to lean to the other side again...

Also, you don`t want to correct it`s line mid corner. Once you enter the corner, that`s the line you`re gonna take...whetever you like it or not ;)

Alby46

you can use the rear brake but really a little bit
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Hawk

I have that experience with all the default bikes when having to make quick changes from left to right. It's especially noticeable through tight chicanes. It's as though the virtual rider gets confused as to know what to do.

It's either a physics problem, a virtual rider problem or a controller module problem, or maybe a combination of all. I guess this is one of the reasons GP Bikes is still in Beta. Let's hope Piboso will get these issues sorted out for the next beta release, but I wouldn't put this issue as a high priority compared to the core.exe bug that needs sorting. ;)

Docfumi

For the 125cc you can try putting the PRELOAD SETTING at 2 for the FRONT/REAR, it will help but you may suffer a bit on corner entry.
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

davidboda46

Tanx for the tips guys.

Cheers

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

LOOPATELI

It's also very useful to change the parameters of the lean in configuration, as the dead zone or doing id smoother