• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:32:17 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

CAWS MOD Team - Beta 12+ - Bike Release - Ducati 916 Strada - BETA

Started by Napalm Nick, September 28, 2017, 07:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

On behalf of the CAWS MOD TEAM -

Ducati 916 STRADA

1994-1998 90o V twin - watch out for the 916 SP/SPS and 955

WIKI PAGE

In the Official BikeMOD HERE Friday 29th September 2017

Now Beta 12 holds the tyre files separately - Don't forget the TYRES (will also be in the BikeMod).

All feedback is good.

Special appreciation to H106FRP for building this bike from SCRATCH - great 3d work and physics.

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Wimp #97

i LOVE this bike! The first bike i fell i love with when my dad brought home a Ducati 916 senna :D
Awesome job!
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

doubledragoncc

Great job guys.

Got a full set of paints for this and the 955 but have to rename tga files for wheels forks and exhust to get all to work so will post it when done

REAL busy so will be a while lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Syd

My new favourite bike! Superb. Beautiful. The clocks detail is just so good. And the sound is something else, listening to it in a replay on the overrun - lovely.
And it handles great! The default suspension just seems absolutely spot on.

I thought the tyres might be giving more grip than what road tyres should, but I still highsided it no problem, so I'm probably wrong on that.
The 1st gear wheelying at low speed with low throttle seems wrong to me, but having never ridden one, I'm probably wrong on that too!
Anyway, brilliant job H106FRP and the CAWS team.

matty0l215

H sure is good at making the model from scratch.

Wait unitl you see what else he has made ;)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

doubledragoncc

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Grooveski

Quote from: Syd on September 29, 2017, 08:26:53 PM
I thought the tyres might be giving more grip than what road tyres should, but I still highsided it no problem, so I'm probably wrong on that.

I'm liking the rear grip(on-track).

Done a lot of miles on the Strada in B11 - flogging The Ring day after day to try to burn it to memory.
After a few weeks Strada-less I was back again yesterday like a shot.   :D

The tyres are showing the usual traits that most B11-tuned bikes have now in B12(grip too high on the grass - nearly impossible to wash out the front) but the rear(which did have a tendancy to let go before if you clipped a white line/hit a mid-corner bump/grabbed a handful a gear too low - is feeling real nice now.   Yesterday I was getting more variation in my 'moments' (squirming/highsides/a couple of near let-gos that caught again)...
...and the few dreaded corners where I was having to go down into first were much more in control.  If there was a little inadvertant lock-up it would catch again more often than before.

Which yeah - was all every bit as entertaining as it sounds.   ;D
Great to have the wee baby back in the garage - Thanks again H.   ;)

Nicotine

GP-Bikes Indonesia

matty0l215

Quote from: Nicotine on October 07, 2017, 05:41:07 AM
Awesome bike.....thanks for mods Matty

Don't thank me :P

H made the bike and the Team worked on it  :D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Nicotine

GP-Bikes Indonesia

Napalm Nick

Grooveski

Just thought I'd point out that h106frp gives his bikes 20mm of front ride height adjustment.
...so they can be brought a lot closer to properly balanced than those with only 10mm.
(still front heavy - but closer - close enough to sort the understeer at least)

Not out to big-up h and the Strada(although I will - happily - anytime  ;D ) - it's more just a public service announcement for other folk who may be stuggling find a bike they want to ride in B14 while the bike guys work out what's going on.