• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:29:37 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GPB bike modding wiki

Started by neoraptor, January 17, 2014, 01:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neoraptor

January 17, 2014, 01:46:25 PM Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 06:16:55 PM by HornetMaX
Hello,

I started a wiki to document the various file of the bike's folder to ease the creation of new bikes.  :D
It is still a WIP, but there is already a lot of useful information there.

The wiki is split into 3 main categories : graphic files, sound files and physic files.

If you want to participate, you are warmly welcome to do it.   ;)
Anyone can add content on the wiki.

>> http://gpbikes-mods.wikia.com/ <<

There is a bike creation checklist, to be sure not to forget anything when building your new bike > http://gpbikes-mods.wikia.com/wiki/Checklist  ;)

The tyres and geometry section are still WIP, but more and more content are there.
I added some section about graphic and sound files, but they are still empty.

If someone knows how these files work, it would be great to fill the according section :
* Graphic section : http://gpbikes-mods.wikia.com/wiki/GPBikes_mods_Wiki#Modding_your_bike_-_Graphics
* Sound section : http://gpbikes-mods.wikia.com/wiki/GPBikes_mods_Wiki#Modding_your_bike_-_Sounds

PS: I put the guide here instead of the mods section as it is more related to bike modding as MaX told me ;)
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

Warlock

Max explained how sounds works (engine.scl) . I think is all correct but is not confirmed by Piboso yet:

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=432.0

neoraptor

Yes, I just completed it (I had to ask Max Permission first ;) )
If you know some other points or just want to check the existing contents, you're welcome ;)
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius

Hawk

January 17, 2014, 03:39:13 PM #3 Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 03:43:46 PM by Hawk_UK
Some GREAT information and resources here neoraptor... Very much appreciated. I was especially interested in the bike model meshes; I can use those as a basic template for developing other bikes I do not have exact diamensional data on. Thank you very much, mate! ;D 8)

Keep up the good work! ;) ;D

PS: Wondering if it's worth remapping those bike mesh UV maps, as the current UV maps are awful on the default bikes? I've got them now, but I was also wondering how you extracted those default bike meshes? Could be useful info;) ;D

neoraptor

Thanks Hawk ;)

For the bikes, I used 3dVia Printscreen to extract them (it is an OpenGL ripper) and a plugin in 3DS to import them.
If you want more info, I can send you a PM ;)

Hawk

Quote from: neoraptor on January 18, 2014, 07:06:58 PM
Thanks Hawk ;)

For the bikes, I used 3dVia Printscreen to extract them (it is an OpenGL ripper) and a plugin in 3DS to import them.
If you want more info, I can send you a PM ;)

Thanks neoraptor. I'll google them and see what I can find.

Thanks again for the info, mate! ;)

PS: You don't know what scale GP Bikes works in do you? Is it 1:1?

Hawk

April 25, 2014, 06:11:21 PM #6 Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 06:15:32 PM by Hawk_UK
@Neoraptor: I just downloaded the GP Bikes models from the wiki link above, and I have a question about the scale of the bikes in Gp Bikes?

First take a look at the pictures below, They are taken in a scale of 1 grid space equals "1 inch":

This view is zoomed well in:

Click on image to view full size image.

This view is mid zoomed:

Click on image to view full size image.

This makes the length of the bike at: 0.0507389 inches!! :o :o :o :o :o

When I loaded it into 3ds Max it warned me that the file was scaled in inches and I had Max set to meters, and "Did I want to change measurement to the same as the file?" I selected to change the scale of measurement in Max to the same as the file, and hence the result in the pictures above. Lol

Surely the bike here does not represent the correct scale used in GP Bikes?

Chispifumy

Hi guys, I 'm trying to learn how to make bikes and my first attempt with a free model is downloaded from the internet (BSA ) but I have problems .

Short model in different sections necessary ( chassis , steer , fsusp , rsusp , fwheel , rwheel with chain ) with 3dmax 2010 64bit and exported as edf but can not see the bike in the game.

What is the minimum that we have to modify the files to display the bike in the game? (without motor , physical, etc )

I wonder if the model is okay to continue with the rest , so I would see if you load the game before getting into other things.

I have another question concerning the categories of motorcycles ini file, ideal for me would Classic but not how to create that category or if we are limited to existing ... can anyone shed light on these questions?

thank you very much and sorry for my english!

Alone

Hi Chispy! (lo voy a poner en inglés que después se cabrean, jeje)

The category goes in the Bike.ini file under this code:

[data]
code = 1
cat = GP500

You can put something like this:

[data]
code = 15
cat = Classic

When you exported the parts, look at the file name that you put on every part and check it in the gfx.cfg if they are named the same. I don´t know how much polys GPB can manage, but many 4 sure.

PS: en el foro español hay un tuto, fijate si te sirve, cualquier cosa me avisas :)

Chispifumy

Thanks Alone! (te escribo cuando me ponga a ello que he tenido que formatear,así que empezaré de cero nuevamente ,gracias!)

Asdrael

Just wanted to post "thank you" for this. I'm trying to figure out how to be as realistic as possible for models in MXBikes and this has been a tremedous help.

<3
Asdrael - #15

Serge Dagher

Would this help me figure out how to import bikes and their sound files from my Ride 2 to game and implement them in GPB?
I don't intend to publish the bikes or post them! Simply personal use just to have fun "building" my own bikes.

So the question is, is it possible to import bike with sound file from ride 2 game and merge it into GPB using the GPB physics?

Thank you

tchemi

3D model ? Sure ! A lot of mod come from Ride 2. Sound ? Naaaahh I don't think so. Sounds in Ride 2 are very good and it is really hard to make a good sound mod for GPB.

Serge Dagher

Quote from: tchemi on October 09, 2017, 05:59:25 PM
3D model ? Sure ! A lot of mod come from Ride 2. Sound ? Naaaahh I don't think so. Sounds in Ride 2 are very good and it is really hard to make a good sound mod for GPB.

Is there a tutorial or 101 how to for dummies? I can simply take the 3d model from ride 2 and i use the sound from the ones available for GPB - there are some pretty good sounds for GBP... @some moders are doing a great job and honestly this game would be kick ass without the small bugs in it!

I've done some "hex editing" to a few games before using the .mix extractor and compiler; is it the same for this (extract the 3d model data for the bike i want and place it in files with extension that runs on GBP?

matty0l215

You would need to rip the models from RIDE somehow. Google it and see where it leads you.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE