• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:31:38 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP250cc BikeMod [Beta 12b]

Started by Jose Reina, March 03, 2017, 10:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badtothebone99

Quote from: Meyer#12 on October 24, 2017, 09:44:58 AM
Quote from: Hawk on October 24, 2017, 07:56:12 AM
But remember that these are classic old school 2 strokes and didn't have the capability to lean at the angles they can today with the latest tyre design technologies.  :)

Exactly! this is the important thing to remember, this is not the 2008-2009 Gp250 bikes and Dunlop tyres, the tyres back then was no way as good as the latest GP250 tyres :)

The tyres weren't like today or 2009, but the main problem wasn't hitting an high lean level, it was mainting it, caused by like you said different tires technology, riding styles, engines (2strokes and nowadays 4strokes), that in 90's forced riders to avoid maintaining bikes with high lean level

Click like if you love motorbikes ;) https://www.facebook.com/artfmoto?fref=ts

Jose Reina

We (the people who have done the Mod) have not had any problem because of the angles of inclination of the motorcycle, in fact we have many catches with the rider touching the elbow in the asphalt.
As important data ... everything depends on the circuit, the corner and the speed in the corner.
We believe that they are all correct in the Simulator, and of course you can make the bike get more degrees of inclination, but we do not think it is correct.

connorhall70

October 25, 2017, 09:56:58 AM #182 Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 10:56:10 AM by connorhall70
Quote from: Meyer#12 on October 24, 2017, 09:44:58 AM
Quote from: Hawk on October 24, 2017, 07:56:12 AM
But remember that these are classic old school 2 strokes and didn't have the capability to lean at the angles they can today with the latest tyre design technologies.  :)

Exactly! this is the important thing to remember, this is not the 2008-2009 Gp250 bikes and Dunlop tyres, the tyres back then was no way as good as the latest GP250 tyres :)

the excuses when as i said, evidently they had no issue.

Edit: just found something i was surprised about, Rendering the video now and will post a link to it HERE when its done and i've uploaded it.

i appreciate the effort from the author, im in no way trying to put him/her/them down. just trying to help them see a potential issue. i love these bikes thats why i care lol
GanjaGod

connorhall70

GanjaGod

BOBR6 84

Jose Reina

Quote from: connorhall70 on October 26, 2017, 03:37:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvNUSZZdh0s&feature=youtu.be

Wet tyres have much further lean angle than dries?

We have to fix some errors that we have detected, because it does not load the textures of the tires.
We never tried the wet tires with the dry asphalt, it's a bit ridiculous, but we'll fix it too, thanks  ;)

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 26, 2017, 10:52:38 AM
silverstone???  :o 8)

It is indeed Bob..... Pre-release version was sent to DD for use at the Dorna meeting at the Silverstone GP. ;)

Fully updated version will be released hopefully soon. :)

doubledragoncc

Silverstone is on the database just not posted

If I am given pemission will post it publicly

Which I just did

Sorry but it is brill asd it is

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

connorhall70

Quote from: Jose Reina on October 26, 2017, 11:46:36 AM

We have to fix some errors that we have detected, because it does not load the textures of the tires.
We never tried the wet tires with the dry asphalt, it's a bit ridiculous, but we'll fix it too, thanks  ;)

I've ridden in the dry with wets on! they move around alot due to how hot they get, and how soft the compound is, but they tear up after a couple laps.
Also looking at the files, The wear rate on the wets are lower than the dries? (closer to 0.00000 than dries i mean, im not sure if that means more wear, or less. less sounds correct though)
GanjaGod

Jose Reina

Quote from: connorhall70 on October 27, 2017, 02:59:30 AM

I've ridden in the dry with wets on! they move around alot due to how hot they get, and how soft the compound is, but they tear up after a couple laps.
Also looking at the files, The wear rate on the wets are lower than the dries? (closer to 0.00000 than dries i mean, im not sure if that means more wear, or less. less sounds correct though)

WET tires are for wet asphalt, not dry, so wear out very soon.
It's logical. Dry asphalt, dry tires. Wet asphalt, wet tires.
Among many things that make the Mod, are the wear of tires and their behavior, and there are included wet tires, which are made to work well in wet conditions, and yet are not made to work well under conditions dry (tire wear, movement, grip, etc.)
However, you will never see anyone wearing wet tires in a dry race because they do not usually work well or wear out very fast.

As soon as we fix the textures of the tires, we will update the Mod. Thanks  ;)

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Hawk on October 26, 2017, 11:54:21 AM
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 26, 2017, 10:52:38 AM
silverstone???  :o 8)

It is indeed Bob..... Pre-release version was sent to DD for use at the Dorna meeting at the Silverstone GP. ;)

Fully updated version will be released hopefully soon. :)

It looks really good can't wait to check it out!! nice work  ;D 8)

connorhall70

Quote from: Jose Reina on October 27, 2017, 10:39:12 AM
Quote from: connorhall70 on October 27, 2017, 02:59:30 AM

WET tires are for wet asphalt, not dry, so wear out very soon.
It's logical. Dry asphalt, dry tires. Wet asphalt, wet tires.
Among many things that make the Mod, are the wear of tires and their behavior, and there are included wet tires, which are made to work well in wet conditions, and yet are not made to work well under conditions dry (tire wear, movement, grip, etc.)
However, you will never see anyone wearing wet tires in a dry race because they do not usually work well or wear out very fast.

As soon as we fix the textures of the tires, we will update the Mod. Thanks  ;)

I'm not saying they are made for dry use, but in real life i've made the mistake of going out on a drying track with full wets on. they do WORK, but they wear out extremely quickly, as you already said. but as ive told you already ive done 8 laps (in game gp250) on the wets and then again on dries. due to the wets NOT showing any degradation in grip the lap times stayed lower than the dries, and the lean angle also higher than the dries. maybe im good at preserving tyres in this game, i dont know. but im just letting you know so you know what to look for when you go in and fix these things :) 
GanjaGod

tonygas

Thanks Jose, great mod, very fun.

KG_03