• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:13:16 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Just a few questions

Started by Luponius, November 18, 2017, 03:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luponius

Hey so I posted here before, some months ago, and have been occasionally popping in to play a bit on and off, a couple days back I decided I'm not dropping this game yet so I may as well purchase it, and so I did - and hopped on some 500 cc bike which was hilarious fun.

Not my question is, since I do dump the bike quite often, either by spinning out the rear, 12+ oclock it and so on and so forth, does tyre traction get ruined each time I dump the bike?  Am I losing tyre heat, what are roughly the elements I should keep in mind?

I'm going out with qualifying tyres, and after a couple of bike resets when I dump it, the bike starts falling over restlessly.  Did the tyre temp go cold, is the tyre worn, is it ruined because of sand?  Is there some way to get this info (some mod or otherwise) that gives me bike track health - totally ok if i have to pull into the pit to get a reading.

Also, any tips on 1p view?  I tried it and the whole rider's head movement on every twitch is extremely confusing to me.  Having a real hard getting a "feel" for what's happening with the bike when I can't see the rider, and obviously have no feeling, unlike what happens in real life.

KG_03

Quote from: Luponius on November 18, 2017, 03:15:35 PM
Also, any tips on 1p view?  I tried it and the whole rider's head movement on every twitch is extremely confusing to me.  Having a real hard getting a "feel" for what's happening with the bike when I can't see the rider, and obviously have no feeling, unlike what happens in real life.

I will answer this one particular question as for others I am not 100% sure.
First of all you need to set the FOV tilt of the head and pitch. I set the lowest 60dgr FOV to have realistic perspective, Head pitch 40-45% to have a head a little up to see the end of the corner and tilt to 10%.
There is also a possbility to set head movement when approaching to corner. One is "look into apex" and second is "lean heading". I tried the first option as I didnt like it bcs in case of missing the apex I didnt always see any part of bike and I was confused. So I tried lean heading and set it to 30%. In this option the head turns left or right depending on the bike lean. 30% is enough to see the end of bike windscreen so you can have a point of orientation.

As for tyres. Everything is simulated. They warm up and cold down depending on wind, asphalt temperature, style of riding, they even get dirty and slippy when you go off track. So after leaving pits its good to do one or two laps not riding on the limit until tyres warm up. 

BOBR6 84

Probably overheated the tyres.. if you sit and do a burnout the tyres are useless after like spinning on ice.. Also Qually tyres are only good for a lap or so..

for the 1p view.. try this..  http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=5282.msg80688#msg80688

Alternative view mode is much better..  ;)

Luponius

I thought I replied to this - my bad!

Thanks both for the tips,   since I moved on to the muramasa I had no real issues with the clocking of the bike, less fun I suppose but promotes cleaner runs.  One issue I have is when I'm super low revs (like starting from stopped) on a peaky bike like the 500cc, which is what made me abandon it.  Happens to a lesser extent on the muramasa... Is there someway to allow me to hold throttle halfway and still get maximum accel from low revs?  If I don't pin the throttle at low revs it climbs too slowly, but then I get caught out WFO when it starts to peak which causes all kinds of problems when trying to keep it smooth!

Also thanks for the qualifying tyre tips, I shifted to hard tyres and tried soft a bit, can't say I'm good enough to notice the difference! :P  Also start a bit on 1p view today, I did a 1:44 on muramasa, which is crap compared to my 1:33 on 3rd person but decent considering I stumble about like a lost baby when on 1p.  But the way the camera moves is still disorienting so I'l try out that link for some tips.

CHEERS!  ;D

Boerenlater

Quote from: Luponius on November 20, 2017, 06:42:18 PM
I thought I replied to this - my bad!

Thanks both for the tips,   since I moved on to the muramasa I had no real issues with the clocking of the bike, less fun I suppose but promotes cleaner runs.  One issue I have is when I'm super low revs (like starting from stopped) on a peaky bike like the 500cc, which is what made me abandon it.  Happens to a lesser extent on the muramasa... Is there someway to allow me to hold throttle halfway and still get maximum accel from low revs?  If I don't pin the throttle at low revs it climbs too slowly, but then I get caught out WFO when it starts to peak which causes all kinds of problems when trying to keep it smooth!

Also thanks for the qualifying tyre tips, I shifted to hard tyres and tried soft a bit, can't say I'm good enough to notice the difference! :P  Also start a bit on 1p view today, I did a 1:44 on muramasa, which is crap compared to my 1:33 on 3rd person but decent considering I stumble about like a lost baby when on 1p.  But the way the camera moves is still disorienting so I'l try out that link for some tips.

CHEERS!  ;D
That's the character of two-strokes, a very narrow powerband.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Luponius

Ah to be fair I never rode two strokes, owning a parallel twin means all this no torque shenanigans make me loop my bike each time it kicks in.  I do wish I didn't have to mash throttle and then lift quickly though.

On the plus side the suggested edits for 1P view did a world of good.  Watching the bike thunder underneath me on the occasional corner I happen to get right is an amazing feeling!!