• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:20:22 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Ambient sound ??

Started by badexample69, November 19, 2017, 09:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badexample69

November 19, 2017, 09:07:33 PM Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 10:52:04 PM by badexample69
There was a mod in Automobilista back in 2016 that really helped to add atmosphere and a good vibe to the tracks..

It was the Ambient sound pack available here:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ambient-sound-pack.11514/

After you installed it, it was really tough to drive any tracks without it. It would be awesome if we could re-create something like this for GP Bikes.

Pithorn, Airhorn, Crowd cheering, Helicopter... and no,  it wasn't cheesy.

Also sounds reverb from the engine hitting the walls/tunnel or the echo from the woods would be an awesome addition.

Cheers! :)

PiBoSo

"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

badexample69

KG_03

In my case I would need other thing. Possibility to turn engine volume down and rise the wind noise. I wanted to simulate reality and get a bit supressed engine sound with more wind noise.

badexample69

November 23, 2017, 06:05:44 AM #4 Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 06:08:07 AM by badexample69
Quote from: KG13 on November 21, 2017, 09:31:05 AM
In my case I would need other thing. Possibility to turn engine volume down and rise the wind noise. I wanted to simulate reality and get a bit supressed engine sound with more wind noise.

totally.. Noises from the element. Rain hits hard as hell in real life lol. Wind noise for sure. Chain noise. The suspension noise on hard landing.. Sounds from the tires from different surfaces.. rocks, dirt sticking.. knee sliders noise.. reverb sound from the bike would be so cool from the woods and concrete wall/ tunnel for epic replays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvvcX0kq95Q

Napalm Nick

You can do this (lower engine sound) in the engine.scl and it wont affect online play.

Once again I appeal to all modders to check their engine sound levels - most of the ones created by users here are wayyyyy too loud and drown out all the effects already in the game - you know wind, sliders etc is already in the game right? No, cos the engine sound samples are too loud!

Many times we have asked for an in-game volume slider for adjusting the ambient/onbike/engine sounds easily. No idea if it ever made the to-do list.

As for other ambient sounds we have asked for information if it was implemented this last Beta with no reply. However it has been played with in CAWS tracks testing for some time now along with track animations.

Check out my old video - "Effects fiddle"
https://www.youtube.com/v/3SbIb5rJShg
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

davidboda46

My biggest sound issue is still that the other bikes are to loud compared to your own engine noise. With many bikes, when they get close they completely drown out you own engine sound and it is very hard to know when to shift gears and so on in those situations (without looking at the taco).

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46   
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Napalm Nick

Totally agree David and we think Piboso is addressing this slowly. There is much written in the forum about this so fingers crossed  :D

Quote* GPB: moved the tyres physics data and models to a shared folder

* GPB: added support for a dedicated engine limiter sound

* GPB: added support for dedicated onboard engine sounds

My guess is dedicated onboard sounds will cure this problem a lot (well for onboard 1P view riders anyway).
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"