• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:25:36 AM

Virus false positive?

Started by Luponius, November 29, 2017, 05:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luponius

I suppose it is but would like to make sure with the community just in case some third party got in the way of the communications, since the connection is not secure.
https://imgur.com/O6ksg9L

Luponius

I think creating an exclusion for the GP bikes folder would ok it, just go to settings and exclusions.  It does seem like a common thing though so that's hopefully a good sign that it's intended and not actually a virus :P

matty0l215

Core.exe is certinally NOT a virus

This is definetly a false posotive. And as you say, just create an exculsion in you anti virus will solve the isse :)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hawk

From the image you posted in your 1st post(I presume your using a Virtual reality unit of some sort?), I'd re-install GPbikes over your current install and try running the non VR GPBikes install without the VR unit connected and see if that works and go from there.  ;)

matty0l215

What anti-virus do you run?

You should be able to see what items have been flagged/quaritined. Then inside there you can add the exception and it should re-appear in the game folder.

matty0l215

Err... :o :P

Go to Tools

Click Quartine and you should see the Core.exe program there.

matty0l215

Where did you download the installer from??

If it was from the Piboso download page then in Windows Defender then Allow Item.

matty0l215

What do you mean you can't?

Does it keep flagging it? or it the button not working??

Luponius

Quote from: JOACKO172 on November 29, 2017, 07:29:06 PM
Quote from: matty0l215 on November 29, 2017, 07:26:29 PM
Where did you download the installer from??

If it was from the Piboso download page then in Windows Defender then Allow Item.
I canĀ“t  >:(

It's best to provide us with a screenshot, I just went to History -> Quarantined items, I ticked the virus and hit restore.  And it was all ok. 

Also go to Settings, scroll down under Windows Defender and select Add an Exclusion under Exclusions.
Then select Exclude Folder and select
C:\Program Files (x86)\GP Bikes

to exclude it from virus scanning.