• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:02:16 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Hs3 Hydraulic Brakes and Clutch

Started by doubledragoncc, November 15, 2017, 04:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poumpouny

speedfr > i think you talk about rider lean, anyway even in real life, if the bike don't want to lean then it mean nor you're too fast in a corner, neither you brake to hard, and i don't think forcing the handle bar or leaning your body to extreme would make any noticeable effect. you have to slow down or release the brake, the only thing you get from ffb within tha situation is that the steering is more diffucult to turn so it just warn you that you have to slow down or release the brake.

doubledragoncc

Hi guys, so....................

300psi Transducer test left me with this........

BUGGER IT!!! Blew the fooker in half lol, not sure if it was a defective one and got another to test but just went striaght to a 500psi for Front brake and works a charm.

Resting it in GPB it felt so good to have a brake working on pressure and not movement alone. Bodnar board allows direct connection and this brand of transducer although not expensive they do not fluctuate like many I have tested.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

uberslug

How hard are you pulling on the lever? In braking systems the pressure is created by the ratio between the lever pivot, the master cylinder area, and the brake caliper piston area. A well designed braking system should be able to produce prodigious amounts [hundreds of pounds] of brake pad pressure with only five pounds of lever force and 150 or so psi of hydraulic pressure.

doubledragoncc

I was using all the pressure I have in my right hand. I have to test to make sure this kind of thing WONT happen lol. I really was giving it beans but I am not the strongest person so I have to think of someone with the mind of a Neanderthal lol. Gonna use 1000psi for rear brakes I think. Will test when one gets here.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

speedfr

December 17, 2017, 01:24:42 PM #34 Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 01:28:19 PM by speedfr
Heu yes, i would say 1000psi minimum after what i saw in this place.
They're using a 100 bar transductor that means 1450 psi.

https://www.shop-racing.com/kit-pression-frein-tony-zanardi-crg-aim,fr,4,SR_SHO_110.cfm

(it's a Variohm brand, probably EPT9100 series, hard to find "individualy" as far as i searched for )

(Good  >:( that it did that at testing, but the thing is if it start to leak you gonna have liquid everywhre with so much pressure DD ? And better not explode entering Correntaio 'round 350km/h !!! teasing you ;D ;D )

As always, very interesting job !!
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

doubledragoncc

I have to test thoughrally before making it a standard part so could end up swimming in 2.1 brake fluid lol. I think the brand I use is going to be fine but rather know for sure than be worrying lol.

DD

uberslug

Quote from: doubledragoncc on December 17, 2017, 01:56:51 PM
I have to test thoughrally before making it a standard part so could end up swimming in 2.1 brake fluid lol. I think the brand I use is going to be fine but rather know for sure than be worrying lol.

DD

It might be easier to create a hard physical stop that would limit the amount of lever travel so one can not create excessive amounts of pressure. I write this because no matter what pressure one designs a system for, someone is going to come along and intentionally or inadvertently exceed it. The end user would adjust the calibration and gain in GP-Bikes to get the desired braking affect and have the same 'feel' as IRL.

doubledragoncc

December 17, 2017, 02:28:43 PM #37 Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 02:32:14 PM by doubledragoncc
The levers have 6 adjustments for distance to bar grip but it really seems fine with the 500psi, not broken in the last 2 hours lol

In reality I and many riders always cover the brake lever with 2 fingers and mainly use just those until I need to brake bloody hard lol. 2 fingers also allows throttle control while baking too.

DD

matty0l215

Break master cylinder should be putting out more than around 200PSI max (depends on the piston size) so that 300 one must have been duff

Or it didn't spring back and more fluid went into the cylinder, causing a hydrolock situation and with no bypass either the seals, the sensor or the lever will give way.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

HornetMaX

Quote from: doubledragoncc on December 17, 2017, 02:28:43 PM
The levers have 6 adjustments for distance to bar grip but it really seems fine with the 500psi, not broken in the last 2 hours lol
This is not the adjustment that matters, it should only alter the point at which the brakes start biting.

Only a few lever+mc blocks have an adjustable ratio (leverage in GPB terms): this can change the max pressure seen in the circuit (the mc diameter too, of course).

matty0l215

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 17, 2017, 08:02:32 PM
Quote from: doubledragoncc on December 17, 2017, 02:28:43 PM
This is not the adjustment that matters, it should only alter the point at which the brakes start biting.

This.

You arn't changing the Fulcum point by adjusting the lever, just where you grab it from

speedfr

Whatever type or brand, i really think it should be way over the max limit, at least 100 bar because the transductor is connected right at the outside of the master-cylinder and there's no mobile parts inside, no tube length to absorb some of the pressure.
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

h106frp

Pressure is always constant, issue is not having a slave so you hydraulic 'gain' is massive. Ideally you need the smallest diameter master or ideally a dummy slave cylinder.   

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on December 17, 2017, 09:14:34 PM
Pressure is always constant, issue is not having a slave so you hydraulic 'gain' is massive. Ideally you need the smallest diameter master or ideally a dummy slave cylinder.
Uh ?

matty0l215

Ideally you need a load to resist against, no just a resiviour (like this is)

By presure is a constant, I assume you mean under load. EG say it is the system is at 100 PSI then you pulling on the lever should not increase the presure, it should apply a movment load until there is no more give. Unfortunetly in this siuation that wouldn't be a practical solutuion as it would require a lot of space.

We use the same pricipal in Lifts, systems sit at say 10 bar and starting the pump doesnt actually put any more pressue on the cylinder it just moves oil into the cylinder and such moves the lift car on the rod.