• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:50:43 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

A week old... Now what?

Started by TheFREAK, December 19, 2017, 10:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFREAK

Hi there,

So it's been a week since I've been officially part of this "band of brothers" and just wanted to give a quick "status report":

• GP Bikes installation completed (game, tracks, bikes, helmets, tyres, misc, maxhud plugin, paints and bike sounds... The folder now has almost 50Gb...  ;D)
  • Helmet and suit customization finished (screenshots attached)... Thanks to the modders, specially the helmet... Great work...
  • Tried a couple of test laps (since I don't have a gamepad for PC I tried to use the keyboard...  ;D ... You probably can guess what happened... lol)
So what's next?

• Custom bike livery (I'm starting with my favourite, the WSBK 2017 BMW S1000RR... ...  ;D)
  • Install HS3 system (it's on it's way... Hopefully I will get it before Xmas...  ;D)
  • Learn how to ride the bike with the HS3 and test a few different tracks and bikes
  • Once I feel I can ride without being a threat to everyone, plan to join one of the online servers and race a little bit, and learn from the best...  ;)
That's it, short and sweet...

Again thanks to everyone in the community for all the help so far, special thanks to DD for the HS3 system and help, to HornetMaX for his GP Bikes unofficial guide (http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=431.0), it saved me a lot of time, and to Alibaskins for his auto sync (http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1449.0) which is perfect for a new (offline or online) setup...
TheFREAK

doubledragoncc

Hs3 takes about 5 mins to setup and off you go. Have fun m8

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

speedfr

Nice update and progress !!!

Obrigado !  ;)
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

TheFREAK

Quote from: doubledragoncc on December 19, 2017, 11:53:44 AM
Hs3 takes about 5 mins to setup and off you go. Have fun m8

DD

Thanks DD... Got the tracking number... Fingers crossed it arrives before Xmas...   ;D
TheFREAK

TheFREAK

TheFREAK

Luponius

You probably shouldn't worry about being a threat, pop in online races and practice over there, sure you'll be a bit all over the place for the first couple hours but that's how everyone is.  If people want best lap times, they know to do them offline right now.  I still always race online because it's more enjoyable to have other bikes zipping past you :)

KG_03

Exactly. Lupo is right. Just when you see someone is coming do not come into line on purpouse. Crashes by mistake happens and do one is angry about this more over sometimes due to lag its impossible to avoid collision. So dont hesitate and join online lobbies for practice. Ah and also remember that if you reconnect to lobby it also causes big lag or game freeze for most of the players. So I only suggest not to rejoin lobby many times in short time.

Luponius

Quote from: KG13 on December 20, 2017, 09:22:07 AM
Exactly. Lupo is right. Just when you see someone is coming do not come into line on purpouse. Crashes by mistake happens and do one is angry about this more over sometimes due to lag its impossible to avoid collision. So dont hesitate and join online lobbies for practice. Ah and also remember that if you reconnect to lobby it also causes big lag or game freeze for most of the players. So I only suggest not to rejoin lobby many times in short time.

Yeah, it's recommended to first try a bike and track combination offline first to make sure they load correctly before popping online.  Also patience is key, let it start connecting and don't touch it until it loads.  It takes a while, even with an SSD.

TheFREAK

Thanks Luponius, thanks KG13... The HS3 system is on it's way so as soon as it arrives I'll start joining the "asphalt brothers"...  ;D ;)

Btw, S1000RR livery almost finished (see attach). Based on the IMT livery and this paint job:

I know it's not really a racing livery but I wanted to do something different...  ;D
TheFREAK

speedfr

Beautiful The Freak (c'est chic ?  ;D) !!!

That reminds me that i had my own bike on GP500 with my #40... Do you think the templates - i probably still have them on my disk - will be "transportable" to GP Bikes ???
Did you do your bikeset by yourself ? Or did you pay somebody thousands of Escudos (!!) to do it ?
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

TheFREAK

Quote from: speedfr on December 20, 2017, 05:00:38 PM
Beautiful The Freak (c'est chic ?  ;D) !!!

That reminds me that i had my own bike on GP500 with my #40... Do you think the templates - i probably still have them on my disk - will be "transportable" to GP Bikes ???
Did you do your bikeset by yourself ? Or did you pay somebody thousands of Escudos (!!) to do it ?

Merci speedfr...

No euros were spent, unless you count the hours I spent in front of the PC and Photoshop... lol... I used the livery that comes with the bike and edited using Photoshop. I'm no pro but I learned a few things over the years... Plus, Google is your best friend in these situations...  ;D

GP500? I don't know... Maybe some of the Modders here can answer that question. Post it on the Bikes Mods section of the forum and see if someone can help...
TheFREAK