• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:40:13 PM

Racing in your country

Started by Meyer#12, December 21, 2017, 12:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meyer#12

Hey guys

i am writing out of interest, since i am a roadracer from Denmark where racing and especially roadracing is a very small sport and very difficult to get sponsorships or the money or contacts to get a place in the bigger championships.

I myself have had quite a few opportunities, but the money wasn't there because of the lack of interest in the sport here in Denmark.
Beside that we have an motorsport organization and a sport committee in Denmark who won't give money to riders, who is not within a chance of fighting in world or european championship,which is difficult without the financial support.

Beside that, the championship in Denmark and the nordic countries is rather small, few rounds and not the highest level. and the organizations i rather unprofessionel compared to many other places and the training opportunities are few or expensive (going to spain etc.)

I would like to know how it is in other countries?

PS: at the moment i am working on finding the money to start racing again, as most of you guys know, i have been racing quite a few years and had some big experiences (european championship 125GP and Moto3 and wildcard in 125GP at Valencia 2011).

/Meyer#12 (probably soon #27 lol)
Meyer#12

poumpouny

for me personnaly from Madagascar, it is just impossible, i mean road racing, dirt Mx bike we have solid championship with many who participate in African championsip (probably becaus dirt track is less expensive than a race track). I have a bike but there is no circuit here to play here, even just for a track day. same with car, we have only one internationnal karting circuit (hopefully the bigest in the indian ocean). For the sponsor side, every body here race on his own, except some rare one wich is sponsored by local big company (multinational like orange or total).

Meyer#12

Sounds like a place with even worse opportunities than here in Denmark!
Meyer#12

Luponius

In Malta it's the same, a track is non existent and we're a tiny 27km by 14km island meaning anyone who fancies a track day has to ferry his arse off to Sicily.  No room for regular practice and obviously it's not supported in any way by the government.  A track has been promised of late but promises can be quite hollow when it comes to elections since more often than not they're just words meant to translate into electoral votes, not actual action.

I am still holding out some hope, but as it stands if you want to give it the beans, you have about 3 relatively short roads you could go for, while risking traffic smashing you into puree or sliding off into the railing and getting sliced in half (both cases having happened before, more than once).  The rest of the roads are either not twisty or interesting enough, or completely messed up, with potholes large enough to bend your rims if you absent mindedly ride into them.

Then again, if you have big enough balls and a small enough brain, anything will do, even a pot hole riddled, traffic drowned, straight piece of crap road leading you into oblivion.

KG_03

Well I live in Poland a contry full of absurds. Money are pumped up to football that is treated as national sport LOL. Anyway. Motorcycle racing despite very popular in amateur sport it is not treated seriously by sponsors. If anyone wants to be good he needs to do a career outside my country. There are few proffesional teams but only two started in EWC or WSBK within recent years.

even for such a big country there are only two long tracks one is Tor Poznan that you can play in GP Bikes and second is new Silesia Ring that I could visit in this year. Thats all. Im not proffesional racer, nor amateur. Maybe next year I will try myself in Kayo Mini Gp races but the money you need to spend for race is hal the price of regular motorcycle price.

MultiCOOLFRESH

In germany, it is rather hard to ride on a track. I live near Hamburg in northern germany and the closest race track is 170km away, Padborg in Denmark. Than there is a track near Berlin, but this is also a long way. You can basically slice germany into 2 pieces (north and south) with the tracks. In the north, there is nothing, in the south, there are many, BUT most of them dont do track days. For me, a 125ccm 2-stroke rider, it is rather impossible to go e.g. to the Nürburgring or to Hockenheim and I can not transport my bike.

On the other hand, there are plenty of dirt tracks, this gets pushed by the ADAC. Since I am not a MX racer, this is not interesting. We are so desperate up here, we create our own little race tracks in parking lots for pocket bikes. And in case of sponsors... No chance. The few german riders are not getting sponsored by our ADAC at all, Stefan Bradl critizised them alot for not helping the young guns.

We have some carting tracks up here, but they are mostly out of order and even a carting track is no track for a "race bike". Most of the people come from motocross, now they are racing on the street, since there are no mini cups or so. I would like to put my bike on a track, but we have none. We even have no drag strip or so. We have to travel hundrets of kilometers to go to a race track. This is also a reason why we have so many illegal street racers. There is no other way to race.

Germany is just fucked up. In the middle, west or south they have some tracks and locations, but in the north or east, there is basically nothing.  >:(

And dont get me started on the regulations for the volume of the sound... A NORMAL DUCATI PANIGALE 1198 CANT GO ON A TRACK, BECAUSE IT IS TOO LOUD FROM STOCK!!! F****************************************************************************************************CK!!!
>:( *rant mode off*
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

BOBR6 84

December 21, 2017, 06:46:29 PM #6 Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 06:48:33 PM by BOBR6 84
Lots going on in the uk for bike racing but it depends on money as all motorsports lol. Lots of people start club racing and move to thundersportGB.. Thats regarded as the step before British championship.. Of course you need sponsors and money to get there. Talent and luck will help you after that. Lots of different routes to take. If you want to get on the grand prix ladder, British moto3 is a good start but you really need to be racing in spain to stand a real chance.

My mate races for nykos racing.. They helped him out for the manx grand prix 3 years ago on a solo effort.. After liking how he conducted himself with preperation and results. They offered him a ride in the 125 British champs.. Now they have moved onto the European moto2 championship. Doing ok but lots of testing and development needed. So yeah.. Over here you just need to move quickly with sponsors and get yourself out there if you have the money to begin with.

Ive been racing for some years now but ive never really progressed. In and out of work etc. Im carrying on but its purely for enjoyment as and when i can afford it. Usually do formula 600 etc oh ive just turned 33 aswel so its pointless dreaming lol  ;D

Meyer#12

Sounds like a lot of what i expect and have heard from a lot of racing buddies and people i have raced with around the world.

@MultiCool: sad to hear and see with Germany, IDM was huge before and a really good step for us from the nordic countries on our way to BSB or CEV, but it is more or less dead over the last few years! The only thing left is the ADAC NEC cup which this year have a race in sweden i most likely will participate in, but on a shit bike compred to Freudenbergs KTM bikes.
I have had a few preseason tests in Lausitsring, once on a 125GP in 2010 and then again on moto3 in 2012.

@Bob: sounds a lot like i would expect. It seems BSB is becoming rather big especially the SBK seems to be the biggest and highest level in europe and have surely passed both IDM and CEV on that front. Moto3 also seem to be a really big class with lots of talents and riders capable of fighting in Red Bull Rookies Cup, NEC and Junior World championship (CEV)
Meyer#12

Gzehoo

Quote from: KG13Well I live in Poland a contry full of absurds. Money are pumped up to football that is treated as national sport LOL. Anyway. Motorcycle racing despite very popular in amateur sport it is not treated seriously by sponsors. If anyone wants to be good he needs to do a career outside my country. There are few proffesional teams but only two started in EWC or WSBK within recent years.

even for such a big country there are only two long tracks one is Tor Poznan that you can play in GP Bikes and second is new Silesia Ring that I could visit in this year. Thats all. Im not proffesional racer, nor amateur. Maybe next year I will try myself in Kayo Mini Gp races but the money you need to spend for race is hal the price of regular motorcycle price.

Sad but true :/

KG_03

AMCF I thought that Germany next to UK is a motosport kingdom. I have few friends from germany and they didn't mention that it is hard to find a track :-(
Well for example I live in the south of PL and I have not far from me Slovakia Ring, Most and Brno around 300km away. Poznan track is 600km away and I don't even regret its so far. Anyway I also don't have a transport and even if I won't risk a crash on my road bike anymore - too many expensive stuff in there.

I am really jealous for ppl who live in UK they have so many great tracks.

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: KG13 on December 21, 2017, 07:57:59 PM
AMCF I thought that Germany next to UK is a motosport kingdom. I have few friends from germany and they didn't mention that it is hard to find a track :-(
Well for example I live in the south of PL and I have not far from me Slovakia Ring, Most and Brno around 300km away. Poznan track is 600km away and I don't even regret its so far. Anyway I also don't have a transport and even if I won't risk a crash on my road bike anymore - too many expensive stuff in there.

I am really jealous for ppl who live in UK they have so many great tracks.

Germany a motorsport kingdom? What a joke... We watch GT3, sometimes DTM (the series is pretty dead), F1 (also pretty dead) and MotoGP. Germany is just a shell of its prestige. And we just have no tracks. We have no IDM anymore and it was not shown on TV at all. Most germans are not interested in motorsports anymore. Most of the TV broadcast is so horrible, I can not even say. The serieses are spread over 8 TV stations and the narrators are sometimes REALLY bad. Despite that the FIA killed most of th racing serieses, due to the "economic" racing, they want (compare today to the 80s).

And again, dont get me started on the cars we produce here... And 2-wheeledsports are not watched here (despite MotoGP, but it is getting harder for the german fans, since the Sachsenring is just a piece of crap and they are moving around their MotoGP weekend, so many did not participate). Motorsports are just out here in germany and even in huge parts of europe. The 80s were huge for motorsports, it was like a religion. Sadly, I did not experience this era, but yeah... I rant too much, this is not good for my heart ;D

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: Meyer#12 on December 21, 2017, 07:15:16 PM
Sounds like a lot of what i expect and have heard from a lot of racing buddies and people i have raced with around the world.

@MultiCool: sad to hear and see with Germany, IDM was huge before and a really good step for us from the nordic countries on our way to BSB or CEV, but it is more or less dead over the last few years! The only thing left is the ADAC NEC cup which this year have a race in sweden i most likely will participate in, but on a shit bike compred to Freudenbergs KTM bikes.
I have had a few preseason tests in Lausitsring, once on a 125GP in 2010 and then again on moto3 in 2012.

I do not know if you know this, but the Lausitzring is dead. Bought by a insurance to test self driving cars. Another dead track. Let me count the tracks in germany that are commonly used:

Lausitzring: dead
Sachsenring: Only 3 races can be held there due to the noise (there is a high chance that the MotoGP is killed of there, but it brings the most money ??? )
Nürburgring GP: Pretty used for Racing serieses and track days
Hockenheim: The same as the Nürburgring
Nordschleife: The same as the Nürburgring
Oschersleben: Not so much used

KG_03

Still its better than in PL but I am really surprised what you say. Believe me. So what is the most sponsorded sport in Germany now?

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: KG13 on December 21, 2017, 10:45:47 PM
Still its better than in PL but I am really surprised what you say. Believe me. So what is the most sponsorded sport in Germany now?

Everything from the ADAC with 4 wheels. But if I had to decide, I would take the GT3, besides F1.

KG_03

Yes. I have afeeling that F1 or MGP series are sometimes directed for a drama and the pressure from sponsors/organisation company is too big. Thats why I prefer BSB or EWC where people have more passion to race. Just like GT3 or WTCC.