• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:38:24 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

[Old] Suter MMX500 v. 1.3 (Beta 14)

Started by Italian Mod Team, January 06, 2018, 08:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedfr

Hi !

And thanks IMT for that MMX mod.  ;D
Love it as DD says (actually, it's him who pushed me this afternoon to give it a try and he was right)  ;)

It's hard on braking, went on my favorite track (NC - Mugello) and even if i have a poor controller, at least i can compare to the other bikes i did used and i really like it. Love the 2 stroke anyway so i'm not objective.
Didn't felt harder out the curves than the other ones but at the same time, with what i'm using to "ride" the bike, i'm not having good references. So, just my 2 cents but thanks again IMT great jobs, the Rothmans livery is awesome.  :) :)

If i had something to say, it will be about two point( not essential ) :
1. the pit limiter is not implemented at least, it doesn' work for me
2. when inside view but not helmet view, i have my shoulders getting on the way to look at corners.

Keep up !!

Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

Italian Mod Team

January 07, 2018, 10:52:59 PM #31 Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 11:56:55 PM by Italian Mod Team
Quote from: speedfr on January 07, 2018, 10:29:48 PM
Hi !

And thanks IMT for that MMX mod.  ;D
Love it as DD says (actually, it's him who pushed me this afternoon to give it a try and he was right)  ;)

It's hard on braking, went on my favorite track (NC - Mugello) and even if i have a poor controller, at least i can compare to the other bikes i did used and i really like it. Love the 2 stroke anyway so i'm not objective.
Didn't felt harder out the curves than the other ones but at the same time, with what i'm using to "ride" the bike, i'm not having good references. So, just my 2 cents but thanks again IMT great jobs, the Rothmans livery is awesome.  :) :)

If i had something to say, it will be about two point( not essential ) :
1. the pit limiter is not implemented at least, it doesn' work for me
2. when inside view but not helmet view, i have my shoulders getting on the way to look at corners.

Keep up !!

Thx for the feedback, Its not the best day for the team, never see nothing like this in many years. And I dont know if the team will be alive tomorrow  ;D

But anyway thx all guys for the comments, the bike is not perfect, its just a good start.

Wimp #97

Quote from: Italian Mod Team on January 07, 2018, 08:52:29 PM
Wimp or Vin pls a quicky bike test with this setting:

QuoteFrontLatDamping =   8.5

In the bike cgf.

Its just a little test for see the we have the same sensibility at the changes.

Feels like the bike is "lighter" is some sence. Idk what it is exactly because I don't feel much difference when I try going faster but it just feels lighter. It felt like direction changes were easier although you can also manipulate that by throttle control (which I do when a bike doesn't want to change direction).
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

Italian Mod Team

Quote from: Wimp #97 on January 07, 2018, 11:16:01 PM
Quote from: Italian Mod Team on January 07, 2018, 08:52:29 PM
Wimp or Vin pls a quicky bike test with this setting:

QuoteFrontLatDamping =   8.5

In the bike cgf.

Its just a little test for see the we have the same sensibility at the changes.

Feels like the bike is "lighter" is some sence. Idk what it is exactly because I don't feel much difference when I try going faster but it just feels lighter. It felt like direction changes were easier although you can also manipulate that by throttle control (which I do when a bike doesn't want to change direction).

Perfect answer  ;) its first step.  :)

uberslug

Quote from: Syd on January 07, 2018, 11:01:32 AM
Firstly, thank you for modding this bike!
I see no problem with the brakes.
I see no problem with the handling, is good.
The tyres are good, but if anything a little too good. I would be happier to have a bit less grip.

Engine characteristics does seem wrong though - I would expect this bike to have a powerband suited to the pipes, but it is so linear as if the expansion pipes are just straight tubes. Feels more like a 4 stroke. Riding in a straight line on half throttle, say 2nd or 3rd gear, the bike accelerates uniformly throughout the rev range. Pick the Cagiva and try the same thing - completely different. I know this bike is more manageable than the old 500s, but even Wayne Gardner says the Suter is still a hard bike to ride. This feels too easy.  If you change the engine characteristics to more of a 2 stroke powerband it will be a big improvement.

Thanks

NO, SYD, NO!!! I was able to ride a full tank of fuel on Motegi at the fastest lap times I have ever achieved with the only changes to the set up being the fuel level and one click up on rebound damping. Even when the rear wheel was spinning and I had to check the throttle coming out of corners I was able to lap within a few tenths of my fastest time. Any changes to make it more like the old 500s would spoil it for me.

My vote is to keep it as it is with the possible exception of allowing more pressure in the rear tire as temps were in the low 50s when riding around in the 1:59 range while trying to limit wheel spin. The power delivery reminds me of the 1988 CR250R, very linear power delivery from low to high rpm.

Wimp #97

Quote from: Italian Mod Team on January 07, 2018, 11:21:13 PM

Perfect answer  ;) its first step.  :)

Whew, thats nice, I actually feel what i'm supposed to feel :D
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

Italian Mod Team

Copy/paste from the other thread

I repeat we not want nice feedbacks, because we know that the bike is not great, but any IMT bikes in the 1.0 version are very different from the final. Some feedback are very "subjective" example DD has a different controller for the brake. So the real data on the brakes works very well with the DD's HS3. maybe less with gamepad.

The bikes seems heavy also if is very light (easy fix this) the engine looks more 4s that 2s,  Its a little unstable in braking and other little things. Dont worry we can fix all this stuff.

Who want help us with tests in next days is welcome.

Syd

Quote from: uberslug on January 07, 2018, 11:36:28 PM

NO, SYD, NO!!! I was able to ride a full tank of fuel on Motegi at the fastest lap times I have ever achieved with the only changes to the set up being the fuel level and one click up on rebound damping. Even when the rear wheel was spinning and I had to check the throttle coming out of corners I was able to lap within a few tenths of my fastest time. Any changes to make it more like the old 500s would spoil it for me.

My vote is to keep it as it is with the possible exception of allowing more pressure in the rear tire as temps were in the low 50s when riding around in the 1:59 range while trying to limit wheel spin. The power delivery reminds me of the 1988 CR250R, very linear power delivery from low to high rpm.

Lol! Well, we have to find a way to slow you down, you are winning too many races lately!

Syd

Quote from: Italian Mod Team on January 07, 2018, 11:53:28 PM
Copy/paste from the other thread

I repeat we not want nice feedbacks, because we know that the bike is not great, but any IMT bikes in the 1.0 version are very different from the final. Some feedback are very "subjective" example DD has a different controller for the brake. So the real data on the brakes works very well with the DD's HS3. maybe less with gamepad.

The bikes seems heavy also if is very light (easy fix this) the engine looks more 4s that 2s,  Its a little unstable in braking and other little things. Dont worry we can fix all this stuff.

Who want help us with tests in next days is welcome.

Thats a good point about subjective feedback. I just remembered I have brake set at 95% max in settings. And I am sure everyone has different various settings (maybe even aids turned on?), different controllers with their own settings etc.
Perhaps feedback should only be given with a list of the testers' settings.

I would like to help with tests.

davidboda46

As you might know by now, I use a custom controller (like DD but not as fancy) and for my rig the brakes work well. They feel realistic, meaning I can't slam the front brake all the way without going superman, or loosing the front if the bike is at a lean angle. According to me this is the way it should be. Never ridden a bike IRL where you could brake 100% at speed without getting in to trouble (and trust me, I have painfully experienced what happens when you target fixate and panic brake like a scared rabbit). Don't know about gamepads, maybe the trigger range is too short for it to feel modulated enough. Maybe it is possible to adjust this in the controller settings (I understand if it is a hassle to do for individually for different bikes)? Wonder if it's possible to add individual control settings that is automatically loaded when you select a bike model? Might be a good suggestion for Piboso? Personally I adjust the throttle linearity depending on which bike I'm riding.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46     
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Stout Johnson

Quote from: KliPPiE on January 08, 2018, 09:59:18 AM
Apologies for my forward response.

Edit: I have removed my rude comments.
I take my hat off to you for being able to admit to your fault. Unfortunately, in the age of keyboard warriors this only happens rarely.

General speaking, please all stay respectful to modders. They have put a lot of work into creating stuff you would not have otherwise. It is a total surplus. If you do not like at all, then don't bother. If you have criticism, then give it in objective and respectful manner.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Italian Mod Team

Anyway the servers are online... an other fun day.

matty0l215

January 08, 2018, 06:21:49 PM #43 Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 08:48:15 PM by Italian Mod Team
Just had my first go on the bike

Fun to ride.

When at full lean the bike does seem to be unstable, it is not as it can still be controlled but it wriggles about a bit.

Still, Good work guys :)

p.s. Oh and the breaks are a little snatchy, Still with practice that can be tamed :)

EDIT: sorry missclick.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

matty0l215

The high lean instability could be to do with your chassis stifness. Try reducing front lateral stifness to about 850 and give it another go
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE