• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:20:00 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

[GPBikes][Track]How to convert rFactor track to GPBikes

Started by janaucarre, April 29, 2014, 02:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

janaucarre

Hello,
I prepare this post on how to convert an rFactor track to GPBikes.
I will upload some tools.
You need:
3dsmax 2010 32 bit preferably as the 64 bit
xnview or= program to convert .dds to .tga
GMT2 importer for 3dsmax
rftoolspublic v2 contains MAS explorer(textures (dds) and 3d object(GMT)) and plugins for 3dsmax

Next as soon as possible:)

yourgameplay

can anyone convert the Isle Of Man from rFactor to GPbikes? I think is one of the most important tracks of the motorsport history and is amazing that anyone has made it.

Hawk

Quote from: yourgameplay on January 22, 2017, 02:38:25 PM
can anyone convert the Isle Of Man from rFactor to GPbikes? I think is one of the most important tracks of the motorsport history and is amazing that anyone has made it.

There are problems..... There is a specific I.O.M. forum thread here regarding attemps to build an I.O.M. circuit for GPB. I think it will answer all your questions.  ;)

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=379.0

Hope it helps mate.  ;)

Hawk.

Manu

It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

Patrick

Is there any more information about converting tracks from rfactor or Race07 to gpbikes anywhere? Couldn't find anything more...

davidboda46

We should only convert tracks if we have the original track makers approval. Converting tracks without permission is not only disrespectful, it can end up biting GPB in the ass.   

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Wimp #97

Quote from: Patrick on January 09, 2018, 12:32:32 PM
Is there any more information about converting tracks from rfactor or Race07 to gpbikes anywhere? Couldn't find anything more...

Go to http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=196.0

this can give you a general idea of what to do. Get an .fbx file out of the trackfiles from rfactor and import it into 3dsmax. In 3dsmax you can change/add object and textures where needed and give everything the correct name according to http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php?title=Track_Creation_Rules so that it all objects have collisions and the right grip levels. usefull tutorials http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=5800.0

Once you've got your track objects named correctly, you export from 3dsmax to piboso needed files for the track with the edf 3dsmax plugin. It is all in the tutorials

To give an indication on how long this process takes, I have spend 4hours from having nothing but the .fbx file to a rideable track in  gpbikes.  I had zero experience with any of the programs.
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

Patrick

@davidboda46 I know, don't worry m8 I just wanted to do Pannonia for my self for learning track for real life racing.

Unfortunally, most of the demanded Programms for the work are not viable anymore. At first 3dsmax. I got the 2015 application with a 3 Year Student license, but the plugins are not aviable for it.... and the older versions are not aviable anymore... ):

h106frp

To get started you can export an fbx file from any 3d design program and compile it using the standalone fbx2edf.

The only limitation is that some of the more complex shader modes (multiUVmap texture) are not supported but bump,reflection etc work OK.

Patrick

Quote from: h106frp on January 10, 2018, 08:08:09 AM
To get started you can export an fbx file from any 3d design program and compile it using the standalone fbx2edf.

The only limitation is that some of the more complex shader modes (multiUVmap texture) are not supported but bump,reflection etc work OK.

But how do I get the .mas filed into a 3D design Programm e.g 3dsmax 2015?

Wimp #97

You got to convert the track files to a .fbx files and load that into 3dsmax
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

h106frp

QuickBMS with the rfactor scripts to unpack the mas

3DsimED to load up the track and then export to fbx and textures

Patrick

I finally got it in 3DSMax. Thank you guys!

But i got one more problem, when trying to select the objects for correct renaming, its not just the e.g. the asphalt i can select, its a whole part of the track, e.g. track + grass.

You can see it in the picture:

Hawk

You have to separate/extract the different surfaces that need the definitions, eg: Separate the grass from the track surface so you can name the grass object and track surface separately, etc, etc.  ;)

This is why sometimes(when there is a heck of a lot of work to do in separating all the different surfaces) I feel it's better to create a track from scratch rather than rip/convert a track.... Just depends on how the model-transfer comes out from the rip/convertion from another game.  :-\

Sometimes they come out easy to do with little separations needed, other times they come out with a lot of work to do.... Too much sometimes considering the often poor quality of modelling and topology work when converting from some other game formats. I personal blame BTB for most of the poor quality track models and topology out there for track mods... Terrible! :P

Patrick

Yeah, seems the work isn't worth it. As Iam a total noob to track creating, it seems I have to practice the track with a car in Race07.  :-\

Thank you all for the help! I really appreciate it!

Pat