• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:18:30 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

[GPBikes][Track]How to convert rFactor track to GPBikes

Started by janaucarre, April 29, 2014, 02:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

January 11, 2018, 04:58:48 PM #15 Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 06:04:00 PM by h106frp
Not sure about Max but blender you can split a mesh object into seperate objects by material used - makes it fairly easy

Check PM  ;)

Wimp #97

If you just want to ride it in gpbikes and not make it a fully done track but just to learn the track a bit for personal use. You can also just name all surfaces you ride on like grass and sand and track TRKASPH so everything has asphalt grip levels and you don't fall through the track, as long as you are fine with that you don't have to go through the entire naming proces...
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

janaucarre

For max there is a script for separate each mesh by ID, the problem is when all have same ID

Grooveski

Quote from: h106frp on January 11, 2018, 04:58:48 PM
Not sure about Max but blender you can split a mesh object into seperate objects by material used - makes it fairly easy

Same in Lightwave.

My process is to cut/paste the whole model onto a single WIP layer then go through it selecting by surface name and cutting/pasting into new layers (road/kerbs/sand/grass/walls/etc).
For each selection I only have the WIP layer active and as I go the list of surfaces will shrink.  Eventually I'll be left with surfaces who's models are mainly all background visuals. 
By now the model will have thinned out and it's easy to manually select any bits of model that still need to go onto a relevent layer.
After that I just rename the WIP layer to 'clutter'.  It'll still have perhaps dozens of surfaces that haven't been looked at but if they're outside the fences and all just eyecandy then they don't need to be on a layer with a prefixed name.

Takes up to a few hours (for a tricky track with hundreds of surfaces named in an unfamiliar language).  A more straightforward affair might only take 20 minutes or so.

javiliyors

Hi, i have a track of Almeria in a rfactor file and gtr2 file, but went i extract to the gmt and tga in the rfactor file cant extract nothing, take errors, ok, but the gtr2 file is work and i convert the track to the 3ds max file. When i try to create the trp file has some error and the file size is a 1kb and the mas file convert fine since i delete some objetcs in the 3ds max. The mas file cant open with the TrackED, close it inmediatly. Need some help please, i want make some tracks, Almeria, Oschersleben, Zandvoort.

Thanks

h106frp

QuickBMS with the rfactor scripts to unpack the mas

3DsimED to load up the track and then export to fbx and textures

roman28

Quote from: javiliyors on June 07, 2018, 10:44:04 PM
Hi, i have a track of Almeria in a rfactor file and gtr2 file, but went i extract to the gmt and tga in the rfactor file cant extract nothing, take errors, ok, but the gtr2 file is work and i convert the track to the 3ds max file. When i try to create the trp file has some error and the file size is a 1kb and the mas file convert fine since i delete some objetcs in the 3ds max. The mas file cant open with the TrackED, close it inmediatly. Need some help please, i want make some tracks, Almeria, Oschersleben, Zandvoort.

Thanks

looks awessome