• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:00:02 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

One question

Started by Abigor, November 13, 2013, 09:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abigor

I see that Beta3 don't like elevation change in the mid-corner ......a good example is the last corner in Sachsenring NC and now on this wonderful Brands Hatch.  Was this problem in Beta1 and Beta2 ? ....and will it change in Beta4 ?......Is it just me or everybody has this problem ?  ???

PiBoSo

Quote from: Abigor on November 13, 2013, 09:13:15 AM
I see that Beta3 don't like elevation change in the mid-corner ......a good example is the last corner in Sachsenring NC and now on this wonderful Brands Hatch.  Was this problem in Beta1 and Beta2 ? ....and will it change in Beta4 ?......Is it just me or everybody has this problem ?  ???

GP Bikes always had problems with corners up or downhill.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Alby46

yeah, me too. everyone i think.
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

PeterV

Quote from: Abigor on November 13, 2013, 09:13:15 AM

Everyone has this problem, and its a shame, (for now?) because it destroys the very good work Noss has put into his tracks, the elevation changes are spot on i think.
So we hope for the best for Beta4  ::)

SwarleyRuiz

a matter of time, Piboso find the solution for future betas
I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

Alone

Specially, I feel this in the corners up while throttle and the downhills while braking.

C21

I have this issue in Phillip Island Turn 10 too (can only play the demo right now), especially at the right hander after the downhill......and i thought it was a fault of my riding style....now i am aware it is a "design" fault....good to know, it destroys several of my laps at this special corner....and i didn´t know why until now  :)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

HornetMaX

Quote from: C21 on November 13, 2013, 01:13:38 PM
I have this issue in Phillip Island Turn 10 too (can only play the demo right now), especially at the right hander after the downhill......and i thought it was a fault of my riding style....now i am aware it is a "design" fault....good to know, it destroys several of my laps at this special corner....and i didn´t know why until now  :)
With the  125cc bike the issue is probably worse and it is definetly present on *other* tracks. But notice that that specific corner on Victoria has baffled many riders until they day they realize they were doing something wrong (me included). Victoria is a nice track, there are no kn ow behavior issues on it (as far as I know).

1st of all, which joypad are you using ?

MaX.

C21

November 13, 2013, 02:24:03 PM #8 Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 02:30:04 PM by C21
[off topic]
@HornetMax:
Wireless Xbox 360 controller for PC with xinput plugin  :)   (bought it for GP Bikes only, because most of you using this one)
Tried another joystick before and got the same issue.
I´m now able to fall not that often at this particular corner due to suspension setting but i still have problems on that part of the track.....
Coming down the decent in 3rd gear, gearing down into 1st , leaning into corner and right in the middle of it i went down to the ground.
I can prevent the fall if i slightly open the throttle....but at closed throttle i definite fall down.
It´s repeatable in every round...
Had a look at the replay but can´t get why this behavior happens...

Do you think i´m doing something wrong?

RiccoChicco

I had this issue when I started playing GPB.

It was my trajectory (taking the turn a bit too early). Since I discovered it, no problems!

HornetMaX

Quote from: RiccoChicco on November 13, 2013, 04:30:45 PM
I had this issue when I started playing GPB.

It was my trajectory (taking the turn a bit too early). Since I discovered it, no problems!

Right, closing the trajectory too early can lead to this (I think that's because you will then be on max lean angle right at the point where the track slope changes more).

As it has been a while since I've been on the 125cc, I'll try to do a few laps tonight to double check. But when I was using the 125cc a lot, I definitely had zero issues on Victoria, so it's just a matter of practice. GPB is all practice. And practice. And then practice again. After that, it's all practice. :)

On other tracks however, the problem is much much worse, but it's a known problem and is most likely due to a mix of "bad" track model and some GPB physics weirdness (Piboso is aware of it).
Some tracks are much less affected by this (e.g. Catalunya and Mugello by SaintWest).

MaX.

P.S.
@C21: Xbox 360 pad + xinput.dll = you're all good to go :)

C21

@Ricco&Hornet
Tried some different Lines (as you call it trajectories) and dis Not Fell Off that much anymore.
I still fall using my old line near the Apex with deep lean angle.
Will Continue practice :)
I'm in the 39' now...have to find some more Seconds but it's getting Tough now...;)
Don't think i will get into 36'...that's another world right now.....don't have much Time to practice...
Enough Off topic here...Thanks guys ;)

HornetMaX

Buggi, it's impossible to understand what you are saying !! Say it in napoletano, I'll translate :)

MaX.

Buggi

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 15, 2013, 10:54:35 PM
Buggi, it's impossible to understand what you are saying !! Say it in napoletano, I'll translate :)

MaX.
;D ;D prima o poi mi spiegherò hahaah :-X