• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

what "simulation" is and what "sim-cade" is ?

Started by poumpouny, February 05, 2018, 07:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poumpouny

I don't understand one thing, i regularly ear people here saying assetto corsa is not a simulation but a sim-cade (especially RFactor 2 fan). I just want to know from what base they said Rfactor is a simulation and assetto a sim-cade. Physics ? FFB ? what ? cause in my opinion all is pretty close to each other (RF2, Assetto, I racing, Automobilista etc ...).

the only difference is i notice is that one is slightly better at one thing than other, and another one is slightly better on another thing ......

A fact is that lot's off peole say Rfactor have a better FFB than other but kunos reply to that they made the wheel FFB mimic only what you feel on a wheel on real life, so if you want to feel the rear sliding you have to build or buy a motion system ... etc ....

badexample69

February 05, 2018, 09:18:05 AM #1 Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 09:25:07 AM by badexample69
Quote from: poumpouny on February 05, 2018, 07:31:36 AM
I don't understand one thing, i regularly ear people here saying assetto corsa is not a simulation but a sim-cade (especially RFactor 2 fan). I just want to know from what base they said Rfactor is a simulation and assetto a sim-cade. Physics ? FFB ? what ? cause in my opinion all is pretty close to each other (RF2, Assetto, I racing, Automobilista etc ...).

the only difference is i notice is that one is slightly better at one thing than other, and another one is slightly better on another thing ......

A fact is that lot's off peole say Rfactor have a better FFB than other but kunos reply to that they made the wheel FFB mimic only what you feel on a wheel on real life, so if you want to feel the rear sliding you have to build or buy a motion system ... etc ....

I own every sims on the Market on PC. Rfactor 2 has the edge due to tires deformation, wear and flat spotting (tire physics or model). You can really feel the weight of the car through the wheel which is amazing. It is more apparent with a direct drive wheel. You feel like you working for it on the edge. Raceroom is getting there with their latest physics updates. Asseto Corsa is fun. Love the laser scan tracks but seems like I am driving a skateboard? AC should focus on race cars, not lame cars that you can buy at the dealership and the sound in general of all cars are just plain horrible.  :-[

poumpouny

And you have compared this with what ? cause personnaly, i never drive a real race car, but i drive a normal / sport car every day and if you're asking me how the abarth drive then i can tell you it's pretty close to reality, i even feel more "weght tranfert" in AC than other sim !

badexample69

February 05, 2018, 09:33:45 AM #3 Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 09:41:12 AM by badexample69
Quote from: poumpouny on February 05, 2018, 09:24:48 AM
And you have compared this with what ? cause personnaly, i never drive a real race car, but i drive a normal / sport car every day and if you're asking me how the abarth drive then i can tell you it's pretty close to reality, i even feel more "weght tranfert" in AC than other sim !

Get a direct drive wheel setup and drive them all and comeback to me! The only way to experience the games is with a DD wheel. Trustmaster/Fanatec belt wheel system is garbage. Logitech lol! The AI in AC is painful as hell too! OMG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDDxMvDxDGk

Hawk

Try hitting a big kerb in AC and see how set-piece it feels with the way it kicks your car offline, then do the same in RF2 and I think you'll realise that RF2 simulates in real time whereas AC, probably, simulates some situations in set-piece physics data rather than in real time... This is my impression between the two anyway. :)
RF2 just feels so much more alive and complete in it's vehicle, tyre and FFB physics than any of the other titles never mind it's renowned AI performance hence RF2 is the No#1 preferred simulator with top virtual race drivers bar none.  :)

RF2's only let down in the past has been it's visuals, but that has been sorted now with the introduction of DX11 graphics capabilities, just that most of the third party mod tracks and cars haven't yet been updated with the DX11 updates but that will come soon no doubt.... Have you seen the latest DX11 lighting and rain effects in RF2 official DX11 updated tracks/cars? Amazing!! ;D 8)

JamoZ

Don`t let anyone fool you. All sims available today are top notch and there is not one holy grail out there despite what everyone here or across the internet says. Just drive whatever you feel is closest to how you want and expect a sim to behave.

Hawk is starting to sound like a RF2 salesman lately  ;D, we also have a pCARS 2 salesman around here somewhere and i bet you can find enough others trying to sell AC as the holy grail. Fact is that noone knows what he`s on about although everyone thinks they do, just because someone has a better rig or wheel doesn`t make his opinion more valid. At the end of the day we`re all just a bunch of nerds acting like race car drivers behind a desk with a plastic wheel.

Napalm Nick

February 05, 2018, 07:15:01 PM #6 Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 07:16:48 PM by Napalm Nick
Quote from: JamoZ on February 05, 2018, 06:54:16 PM
Hawk is starting to sound like a RF2 salesman lately  ;D,

RF 2-stroke  :D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

JamoZ

MMA Clerk of the Course

I probably won't speak on the server but I am looking out for your safety.

Hawk

Quote from: JamoZ on February 05, 2018, 07:19:40 PM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 05, 2018, 07:15:01 PM
Hawk is starting to sound like a RF2 salesman lately  ;D,

RF 2-stroke  :D

ROFL! Oh yeah you guys! Lol! ;D 8)

The reality is that you have to recognise and respect that RF2 was the simulation chosen by McLaren F1 team for the first major esports fastest driver competition held last year and is also the base simulation of choice used for the F1 team driver simulators too; also that RF2 was the simulation most preferred and respected by all the drivers in that fastest driver esport competition.... Not once did anyone in that competition mention any of the sim-cade titles like AC Pcars, etc, etc..... The closest one to RF2 is undoubtedly iracing, the rest should be confined to that bogus simulator trash-bin called sim-cades in my opinion. Lol! :P :)

Amazing visuals don't make a good sim but they do fool so many into thinking otherwise, or so it seems.  :P ;D

F1 teams don't mess around with anything but the best needed for the job... that, Jamoz, should tell you everything you need to know which sim has the best physics model.  :P ;)

PS: Yes...... 2T's DO RULE!!! ;D ;D

JamoZ

You know what RF pro is right?

I`m not getting dragged into this discussion again....leave me alone :P

badexample69

February 05, 2018, 10:16:12 PM #11 Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 10:17:50 PM by badexample69
Don`t let anyone fool you. All sims available today are top notch and there is not one holy grail out there despite what everyone here or across the internet says. Just drive whatever you feel is closest to how you want and expect a sim to behave.

Hawk is starting to sound like a RF2 salesman lately  ;D, we also have a pCARS 2 salesman around here somewhere and i bet you can find enough others trying to sell AC as the holy grail. Fact is that noone knows what he`s on about although everyone thinks they do, just because someone has a better rig or wheel doesn`t make his opinion more valid. At the end of the day we`re all just a bunch of nerds acting like race car drivers behind a desk with a plastic wheel.

You just pointed out the issue there. Guys, invest in a good Direct Drive wheel like a small mige, you perception about being a nerd behind a desk will change. Get a good pair of gloves too, you will need some!! You will feel any bumps on the tracks, really obvious with the scanned tracks. Better be in shape too!  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzhdkXHZU8E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbaTm6ejMj4

poumpouny

I don't think the fact Mc laren chose RF2 means anything, when you know what software dorna choosed  ;D

Ok i'm not here for trolling, just wanna know the argument of why one sim and why not an other sim ! i'm searching for a youtube video or any video where a "real life race driver" try at least 2 sims and give he's feedback, cause every body has it's own opinion on car physics, some say AC had the best physics, some say it RF2, other say iracing. i think only real life driver can make an objective comparison cause they know how a sim should behave.

I don't care about graphics, hahahah, cause why the hell am i playing gpbikes if i love eye candy  ;D

badexample69

Quote from: poumpouny on February 06, 2018, 06:23:37 AM
I don't think the fact Mc laren chose RF2 means anything, when you know what software dorna choosed  ;D

Ok i'm not here for trolling, just wanna know the argument of why one sim and why not an other sim ! i'm searching for a youtube video or any video where a "real life race driver" try at least 2 sims and give he's feedback, cause every body has it's own opinion on car physics, some say AC had the best physics, some say it RF2, other say iracing. i think only real life driver can make an objective comparison cause they know how a sim should behave.

I don't care about graphics, hahahah, cause why the hell am i playing gpbikes if i love eye candy  ;D

A simcade is a game where you can jump in and drive it right away. The focus is more on the eye candy side and developed on multi platforms or to promote a console to make a shitload of cash. PC cars 2, Gran Turismo, Need for speed, Forza, F1 series, Dirt Series, AC...

Sim racing game is focus more on the physics, you will need a good car setup and some seat time to get good lap times. The online community is mostly adults and more mature. Rfactor 2, Automobilista I-Racing