• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:26:01 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

My thoughts on the grid girl debate

Started by davidboda46, February 07, 2018, 04:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

February 07, 2018, 04:51:06 PM Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 04:56:42 PM by davidboda46

It's a cultural thing
http://mythoughtsabout2wheels.blogspot.se/2018/02/its-cultural-thing.html

Been having discussions on Twitter about the whole grid girl thing so I felt I had to write something.

If you like to follow me on Twitter: @DavidBoda46 https://twitter.com/DavidBoda46

I mainly post about bikes and racing.   

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

HornetMaX

Maybe the 1st time I (partially) disagree with you, had to happen sooner or later :)

I have a very simple view on this: beauty is ... well ... beautiful.
I find it normal to appreciate and admire beauty, no matter the subject (cars, bikes, paintings, sculptures, architecture, clothes, music whatever).

I totally agree on equal opportunities (even seems strange to have to say it out loud) and on the fact that unfortunately we're not yet there.
I just don't think getting rid of grid girls is part of that needed change or it would help it in any way whatsoever.

In the interview you quote:
QuoteYou were a grid girl, one of the girls that Liberty Media no longer wants...
"I don't see it as a very sensible decision. The problem is not the girls but lies in the head of those men who think they are available just because they wear a short skirt, heels and are next to a bike.".

I'd go with that.

davidboda46

February 08, 2018, 11:06:00 AM #3 Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 11:14:19 AM by davidboda46
As I said Max, it is not black and white. I to appreciate beauty, in what ever form it is presented, but I think there is a time and place for everything, and the grid is, in my opinion, not the place. I try to look at it from the big picture and I think that in order for the big picture to change, this (grid girls) and many other things have to be reconsidered. But, I also understand that not everybody sees it the same way, and that a lot of grid girls don't think I, or others, have the right to propose the idea of taking away their job.

I also think that the fact that this topic is discussed and brought to light is a good thing, regardless of the eventual outcome.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

HornetMaX

Quote from: davidboda46 on February 08, 2018, 11:06:00 AM
I also think that the fact that this topic is discussed and brought to light is a good thing, regardless of the eventual outcome.
Surely agree on that.

poumpouny

Grid girl or not, in my opinion is not the problem, my problem is that today world's descision is now based on whatever media want people to do. And i hate the politicaly correct descision that this things happens suddenly after the wienstein scandal.

HornetMaX

Quote from: poumpouny on February 08, 2018, 11:27:03 AM
Grid girl or not, in my opinion is not the problem, my problem is that today world's descision is now based on whatever media want people to do.

What would you expect from a corporation called Liberty Media ? :)

Gzehoo

Feminism is not a fight for women rights. It only helps ugly/fat feminists to attack nice women only because they are nice women.
It reminds me something like this --> CLICK.

I hope Dorna will never think about removing grid girls from MotoGP - it doesn't need to follow F1 rules.

But also... I sometimes saw that not every team had grid girl, and umbrella was kept by one of rider's mechanics - I just thought it's maybe because each team just didn't hire any grid girl.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Gzehoo on February 08, 2018, 08:52:27 PM
Feminism is not a fight for women rights. It only helps ugly/fat feminists to attack nice women only because they are nice women.
Err ... what about no ?

davidboda46

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 08, 2018, 09:22:15 PM
Quote from: Gzehoo on February 08, 2018, 08:52:27 PM
Err ... what about no ?
+1

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Disgusting!! What's the world coming too..... That guy needs a bra! Hehe! ;D ;D