• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:30:28 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

restart polls at the server

Started by Olaf Lehmann, February 18, 2018, 05:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olaf Lehmann

I must say I'm irritated about the restart polls and clamours to restart the race after crashing.
I'm absolutely sidetracked about it: I do a crash in the next corner.
Can I hide these polls?

If not: Maybe it would be better to make the practice shorter (maybe one hour) that some people can more accept that their start was unsuccessful. 

I hope in the Moto2 championchip will be no polls and no chat during the race.

BR Olaf

Wimp #97

ofcourse official races demand no chatting during races and sometimes even qualifying

Those restarts are often because people got jump started or maybe crashes too much. To be honest people (also including mysel ;) ) need to get more used to ride around other people and not take eachother out so we don't need to restart.

But don't worry thats just casual races. Legit championship races should only have 1 start and thats it, if nothing wierd happens.
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

matty0l215

When GPB was less stable we always used to use a 3 start rule. Wether it was a fun race or championship

1st attempt, 2nd Then 3rd time is go for broke :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

h106frp

I think this is connected with the discussion about the consequences of crashing.

In real life if a rider is too hot into a turn he will stand the bike up, run-off track, lose speed and try to re-join and recover position rather than a big crash and DNF/injury. In GPB its generally 'turn or bust' and hit the reset which can lead to some over ambitious riding  :)

Wimp #97

Quote from: h106frp on February 19, 2018, 04:56:58 PM
I think this is connected with the discussion about the consequences of crashing.

In real life if a rider is too hot into a turn he will stand the bike up, run-off track, lose speed and try to re-join and recover position rather than a big crash and DNF/injury. In GPB its generally 'turn or bust' and hit the reset which can lead to some over ambitious riding  :)

I don't, staying upright and going of the track is still faster than crashing and resetting :D But maybe i'm one of the few. I don't know. I just hope people ride more respectful in the official races because they are long and are not won or lost in the first 3 corners...
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018