• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:17:17 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Potpourri

Started by PiBoSo, February 06, 2018, 10:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grooveski

The 916 Strada has nice tyres too.

KG_03

Yes I agree, I like the rear tyre grip in Moto2. Feels realistic.

PiBoSo

Welcome back Blackheart!
I reassigned all your old messages to your new account  ;)
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Italian Mod Team

QuoteGPB / WRS / KRP / MXB: started work on post-processing effects

Finally, we lived enough to see this!  :P

P.S. An quickly answer here please?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Italian Mod Team on February 25, 2018, 01:19:14 AM

The bike template will be updated as soon as possible.

PiBoSo

The problem reported with the Moto2 blowing up seems to be due to the bike engine breaking, and the GPB physics doesn't apply the correct reaction torque when this happens.

Manu

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 25, 2018, 10:32:12 PM

The problem reported with the Moto2 blowing up seems to be due to the bike engine breaking, and the GPB physics doesn't apply the correct reaction torque when this happens.

Hi PiBoSo.

Is this a problem with the physics of the game? or is it something that can be solved via .cfg?
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

Italian Mod Team

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 25, 2018, 03:04:28 PM
Quote from: Italian Mod Team on February 25, 2018, 01:19:14 AM

The bike template will be updated as soon as possible.

Perfect  ;)

PiBoSo

Quote from: Manu on February 26, 2018, 01:24:10 AM
Quote from: PiBoSo on February 25, 2018, 10:32:12 PM

Hi PiBoSo.

Is this a problem with the physics of the game? or is it something that can be solved via .cfg?

The bike flipping in the air is a physics problems, but even if fixed, the bike would crash anyway because of the engine braking and the rear wheel locking.
Please check the value of "BreakingRPM" in the bike CFG file.

PiBoSo

I read the complain by Olaf Lehmann about the "arcade" feeling of online racing. It's something I noticed, too, watching some streams.
A lot of reckless riding often followed by crashes, helped by the possibility to quickly reset the bike back into action.

For the future the plan is to add a "full crash" option, that forces the rider to go back and pick up the bike.
However, at the moment a quick reset is really needed because of a couple problems with the physics.

In the meantime ( but also in the long term ), maybe the best solution is, if the community is big enough, to try to select the most correct riders for championships...

PiBoSo

I would like to publicly thank Jorge Sprinter for showcasing GP Bikes on his YT channel.
Lately there was a huge increase of GP Bikes sales, especially from Spain, and I guess that most of them come from his videos  ;D

matty0l215

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 26, 2018, 08:18:28 PM

I read the complain by Olaf Lehmann about the "arcade" feeling of online racing. It's something I noticed, too, watching some streams.
A lot of reckless riding often followed by crashes, helped by the possibility to quickly reset the bike back into action.

For the future the plan is to add a "full crash" option, that forces the rider to go back and pick up the bike.
However, at the moment a quick reset is really needed because of a couple problems with the physics.

In the meantime ( but also in the long term ), maybe the best solution is, if the community is big enough, to try to select the most correct riders for championships...

This would be an amazing addition. It would soon teach people not to keep crashing ;D :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Jorge Sprinter

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 26, 2018, 08:23:33 PM

I would like to publicly thank Jorge Sprinter for showcasing GP Bikes on his YT channel.
Lately there was a huge increase of GP Bikes sales, especially from Spain, and I guess that most of them come from his videos  ;D

I do not know what I am passionate about, bikes with pleasure. This is the best motorcycle simulator that exists for now, I am tired of playing the thousandstone arcade frequently. I would like to speak with you privately. a big thank you for all the work and effort of everyone, especially yours piboso, let's continue growing gpbikes! LIKEGASS A FONDO!

KG_03

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 26, 2018, 08:23:33 PM

Thats great news! I have also noticed that many new people came to the game (if they only respected the online racing rules it would be nice).

Stout Johnson

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 26, 2018, 08:18:28 PM

Very glad to read this. It has been proposed by many experienced riders before. Glad you care about that issue finally. But as you acklowledged yourself, the physics need to be 100% reliable for that. If physics are suitable, then I would consider having that said "full crash" behaviour not as an option, but as standard. At least for online servers. That way people would all become better riders, they would tend to avoid risky behaviour, because crashing would have more real-life consequences. It would suit the sim approach very well.  :)
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------