• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:23:11 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

[ROUND 3] Bugatti

Started by Gzehoo, March 05, 2018, 02:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

If Piboso would give the server admins a hardcore "Crash and your out" setting for events then riders will soon realise they have to ride a lot more responsibly and carefully or suffer the consequences exactly the same as riders have to in reality.
This would lead to better riders/riding and therefore less frustrating situations that "Adalgood" is understandably pointing out. It can be VERY frustrating for those that put in SO much hard work and practice before an event.

It would be a hard pill to swallow for some, especially the riders who are SO used to riding in games like Milestones MotoGP were you can get away with murder! Lol! But they would soon learn.  ;D

If you want it then ask Piboso for it.... I've tried many times in the past only for it to apparently fall on deaf-ears each time.  :P :)

If you want real simulation then lets have it!  ;D 8)

Napalm Nick

What was this bug at Bugatti?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Wimp #97

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 14, 2018, 11:20:16 AM

Not really a bug i think, but the start straight is not flat and when you put it into 1st gear, quite a lot of people got jump starts because the rolled a bit backwards or forwards.

It was a good call to restart the race.
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

teeds

Quote from: Hawk on March 14, 2018, 11:07:45 AM
If Piboso would give the server admins a hardcore "Crash and your out" setting for events then riders will soon realise they have to ride a lot more responsibly and carefully or suffer the consequences exactly the same as riders have to in reality.

I personally wouldn't want this, in most bike racing events you can carry on after a crash. Also if lag is the cause that would be rage inducing.  Perhaps that option would be useful if someone wanted to run a BSB series and simulate their rules exactly, but not many would cross the finish line at all though lol

I hope more riders will take the chance to take part in test races during the week to get used to riding close with others. In all games and IRL starts are notoriously troublesome, everyone needs to get used to the fact that you're not going to be able to do your normal line or speed in the first few turns. Myself and others also just ride close in practice and wait for each other to get a better understanding of how to pass and ride close to each other and not crash in doing so, it's great fun and you learn lots by way of race-craft. I recommend everyone do this as much as possible  :)

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Wimp #97 on March 14, 2018, 12:31:28 PM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 14, 2018, 11:20:16 AM

Not really a bug i think, but the start straight is not flat and when you put it into 1st gear, quite a lot of people got jump starts because the rolled a bit backwards or forwards.

It was a good call to restart the race.

'Swot I thought, not a bug just not knowing it must be standard practice to join the grid and hold a brake. When you select a gear it over-rides the auto brake.  Same as not wiggling about like ferret up yer trousers while waiting.  ;D

The trouble with restarts is it will always ruin someone else's ride - take Tchemi for example, who couldn't get back to track.  Lack of race start 101 should not be a reason to restart. Learning the hard way is some peoples only way.  :P The joining track bug seems to have been sorted so no excuses there either. We have already asked PiB to reduce the jump start DSQ penalty as its too harsh (you wont get it if you don't cross the SF line but that's hard for first few riders). God knows if it ever made the to-do list. Further petitioning might help if anyone can be arsed.

But its just my opinion and the rules say 1 restart so I'm very happy with that. What I'm saying here is just info for the discussion pot taken from a fair bit of racing experience, and covert distribution of knowledge to the newsters.  8)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Wimp #97

The general idea of a restart is that it will benefit / help many more people than it will hurt. As was the case in this race. Many people had a fair race but one or two person got a worse start. this happens. The goal of championship is to satisfy as many people as possible without breaking any rules ofcourse.
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

Napalm Nick

Yes its a noble goal to try and give the most fun to most people. I understand that. The championship has a rule of 1 restart max so there is no argument, we all sign up to it.

But I think 'one or two got a worse start' is blinkered. Everyone who finished behind a DSQ-er or had a better position after the 1st lap crashes had a worse start second attempt. And they did nothing wrong but have to take a penalty so the wrongdoers can have another go?

No-ones gonna be happy either way. Its a hard job as admin luckily made easier with the stated rule.

Just for clarity I am not complaining about a restart I am just making clear the consequences. At some time in this championship I will also f-up the start. Hopefully we will restart and the yang will cancel the ying.

Olaf Lehmann

March 14, 2018, 05:01:26 PM #37 Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 05:03:57 PM by Olaf Lehmann
The "jump start bug" is a miracle to me.
I drive with automatic clutch. In my first two test races at the start at first I opened the throttle a little bit and changed to first gear. In this case I produced a spectacular crash.
After that bad experiances I first change to first gear and then open the throttle. So I get no problem with "jump start bug" or saltos.
I often see start saltos from other drivers.
It seems to me if all drivers starts in my unspectacular way there will be no "jump start bug". So we need no polls, no restarts and all will be good.

The restart polls and chatting about "jump start bug" after the start overcharged me completely - I'm crashing in the next corner.

I think the knowledge of a possible restart creates chaotic starts in every race.

But I'm new. Maybe I understand the "jump start bug" not correct? Maybe is it an other thing for riders with manual clutch?

BR Olaf

Napalm Nick

There is only one jump start bug that I can think of.

If you select a gear between lights going out and back on it can dsq you. Everything else is rider error. Surely everyone uses the clutch at start?  ???

Rodrigovis

I just start the march and accelerate after the green light ...

finpower

I'll make it shorter but I'm of the same opinion with adalgood.
I lost my heart because in the last race I was fired from the back very often. But I will not name any names.

but also the listless and sterile acting racecourses do not knock me off the stool.
synonymous with the mod, I can not really make friends.

so I finish the championship.

let it crack and have fun.

greeting fin
Whoever finds google translator errors, can keep them
Intel Core i7 4770 CPU 3.40 GHz 64 Bit Windows 10
Nvidia GeForse GTX 760

Vini

i disagree, nick. in real life riders don't hold the front brake on the grid because they just use their body to keep the bike stationary.
IMO it should be this way in GP bikes, too.

Napalm Nick

I'm saying in the game you need to do it and always have had to. Not IRL.  ;)

I would be happy to have the game changed so it's not needed of course.

Meyer#12

It is not a bug, the issue is that you start on a slight angle (hill) and if you don't hold brake you will roll backwards and get a jump start
Meyer#12

Napalm Nick

Exactly  ;)

I always join the track with rear brake already on. Stops rolling and any creeping. Until PiB simulates foot grip I suggest everyone does.

Ultimately we have to remember its a game so there will be compromises to make. And until there are enough people to make league style tables of riders with the pro's at the top and newbs at the bottom we have to realise we race together with the best and the worst in the name of fun. You can see why Gzehoos idea of splitting the racing between the fastest and slowest was a good idea

Just try and enjoy it for what it is rather than what you wish it to be or you will have eternal disappointment.   :)
Quoted from Coeus, Titan of intellect