• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:33:11 PM

What controller?

Started by Oops, March 20, 2018, 10:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oops

Hi all, as the title says what is the best controller for gp bikes I'm still trying out the demo at the minute and I'm using a 360 joypad and while its not bad I'm still struggling to put in a full lap without coming off lol so I was wondering what is everyone else using, which is the best I know some are using the HS 3 and it looks great but is it easier to use than say the 360 joypad?
are there any other joypads etc I also have a fanatec wheel and pedals but I use the Oculus Rift and the wheel kinda breaks the immersion factor for me :)

doubledragoncc

I can hardly ride with a gamepad but my Hs3 is so easy to use and natural it brings riding to life lol

You need to play with GPB controller settings for each axis to get it better on a gamepad. There are threads on it somewhere on the forum I think

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

poumpouny

I'm using a wheel, now until i finished my Diy controller, in the begining i was also scarred to use the wheel to ride a bike, but trust me once you're used to it, it become natural. of course if you really want the best immersion you have to byu the HS3 or build your own .....

Hawk

I use a joystick together with my wheel-pedals... I just can't get on with a gamepad because the stick movements are just too sharp(fast) because of their short movement..... I find I can get a better and more precise feel and movement with the joystick. But whatever controller you use you'll have to find controller settings that suit you personally.  :)

Oops

@DD what price are we talking about for the Hs3?
As I do like the idea of the immersion with the rift &hs3😁

KG_03

Oops plz keep in mind that demo is a bit broken. The bike has no lean limit so you can lean it to the end and bcs of that is very hard to control it.

Oops

March 20, 2018, 11:30:12 PM #6 Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 11:31:46 PM by Oops
thanks, KG_03, I went ahead a bought the game :) but I'm not sure that I understand exactly what you mean "The bike has no lean limit so you can lean it to the end and bcs of that is very hard to control it"
does that mean that you can lean it right over without falling or is it the opposite that there is no stopper on the lean?
Sorry for being dumb :)

grimm

No stopper on the lean. You can turn until the bike falls, it is the only bike like that too. The "mod" bikes are way better and easier to control, as well as the Verese and 990.

I find a XBOX One controller has far easier controls than a XBOX 360 controller, but I agree with DD all the way, bars, throttle, levers, shifter and brake, it goes a long way to make GP Bikes feel natural. Somewhere on my hard drive here I have pictures of a setup I built from something DD designed years ago (not exact, but it was okay enough to find how fun it is!), I used parts of his original design, some junk from my motorcycle shop, and made a controller myself that worked okay, but the HS3 is exciting looking! I'm eventually going to sell some of the parts I have been hanging onto over the years (wheels, forks, engines, etc.) and place an order myself for the HS3 so that I have a dedicated PC and controller just for the bikers I know to come over and have a night of it on the simulator.  :P

Oops

Thanks for the reply grimm, I have an Xbox one controller about somewhere I'll dig it out and have a go :)
where do you find out the pricing and where/what site do you order the HS3 from? I've been looking around and as far as I can see its DD that makes them but I can't find any info on pricing or where to order  ???

Hawk

Quote from: Oops on March 21, 2018, 01:19:18 AM
Thanks for the reply grimm, I have an Xbox one controller about somewhere I'll dig it out and have a go :)
where do you find out the pricing and where/what site do you order the HS3 from? I've been looking around and as far as I can see its DD that makes them but I can't find any info on pricing or where to order  ???

Send a PM to doubledragoncc expressing you interest and needs and he will get back to you with details mate. He'll most likely see your post here and reply to your comment too.  ;)

doubledragoncc

For anyone wantiing full details on the Hs3 PRO-H which has hydraulic brakes and is the only system I build now please email me directly at

doubledragoncc@yahoo.com

Thanks to all for the positive words and support over the years

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.