• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 11:11:19 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

First person view help

Started by Tom HWK, March 21, 2018, 01:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom HWK

I've been playing this game for years now and i have never got the hang of first person, every time i try i just suck and end up getting annoyed trying.
I play first person on every racing game i play including MX Bikes just can't get the feeling where i am on the track in GP Bikes.
Any tips for learning and what settings are best?

pls help me suck less :D

teeds

Been there and for me it was just a case getting used to it by practising. I'd not change any control settings as what you know and feel in 3rd person view is still applicable. Trouble is the cues to what the bike is doing are less obvious but they are there, just need to re-tune into them. Overall it is a bit harder as the view is lower down especially when leaning, for instance your view of a bend on a crest is reduced. I know others that find 1st person in MXBikes fine but like you can't get on with it in GPBikes and I don't understand why tbh?

Tom HWK

March 21, 2018, 02:13:19 PM #2 Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 02:16:26 PM by HWK
Quote from: teeds on March 21, 2018, 01:48:29 PM
Been there and for me it was just a case getting used to it by practising. I'd not change any control settings as what you know and feel in 3rd person view is still applicable. Trouble is the cues to what the bike is doing are less obvious but they are there, just need to re-tune into them. Overall it is a bit harder as the view is lower down especially when leaning, for instance your view of a bend on a crest is reduced. I know others that find 1st person in MXBikes fine but like you can't get on with it in GPBikes and I don't understand why tbh?

I just spend my whole time hitting curbs and grass on the inside of corners of running onto the grass on the exits because i cant tell where my bike is, don't know if better view settings would help or if i'm just crap. probably the latter.

edit: also wondering about the view setting because my driving on car sims got a ton better when i got the right FOV settings.

teeds

Quote from: HWK on March 21, 2018, 02:13:19 PM
I just spend my whole time hitting curbs and grass on the inside of corners of running onto the grass on the exits because i cant tell where my bike is, don't know if better view settings would help or if i'm just crap. probably the latter.

No this sounds about right, also just going in a straight line was also most challenging for me at first lol, it's just over compensation based on what you do and don't now see.

There are 2 1st person views, you might prefer the fixed one initially as the bike won't move around your view quite so much. I do prefer the view that moves with the riders eyes myself though. I've never played with the FOV but I used a pretty std 1080p monitor, you may have something else.

KG_03

So I play in onboard cam with this settings:
FOV - 60
Corner anticipation set to 40%
Tilt 20%
and Pitch 40%.
Look into corner option was not good as the head was moving too much and not where I wanted.
I prefer narrow FOV bcs in wide I had difficulties in close racing

tchemi

March 28, 2018, 07:48:10 AM #5 Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 07:49:57 AM by tchemi
Hello,

Maybe you can try to follow some tips
Cheers