• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:59:07 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

TT game announced...

Started by davidboda46, April 14, 2016, 08:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

600s are good! Depends how you play and aproach the game.. in some ways they got it right with the bike handling.. if your on/off the throttle all the time over the crests and bumps you end up in the hedge lol. Gotta try and be smooth and flow through the corners and think about keeping your rythem and speed up. Anyway.. each to there own i guess

TimboC137

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on April 11, 2018, 09:03:17 PM
600s are good! Depends how you play and aproach the game.. in some ways they got it right with the bike handling.. if your on/off the throttle all the time over the crests and bumps you end up in the hedge lol. Gotta try and be smooth and flow through the corners and think about keeping your rythem and speed up. Anyway.. each to there own i guess

I agree they got some things right with the handling. and how you gotta be smooth. It feels good to me, as long as the bike is under control. as soon as there's trouble, it feels unresponsive and unpredictable. still, i'm having a lot of fun, and it is a real challenge to learn the track. 

TimboC137

I still can't do a clean lap >:( but i'm getting closer :D

http://youtube.com/v/sozj95CnzUk

Napalm Nick

Anyone still playing this?
Longevity check.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

TimboC137

I still play. But much less (like gpbikes) since I'm very busy at work. Still mostly timetrials, since finding an online race is almost immpossible. I have never actually been able to find a race online, and have only tried online multiplayer by joining by invite 2 or 3 times. I've read at racedepartment that the consoles have many ppl online, but not on pc.

KG_03

June 07, 2018, 08:56:27 PM #365 Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 08:59:38 PM by KG_03
I am currently at IoM TT. Im going back tommorow. But, what I can tell you in short words:
-the game perfectly simulates the thrill of the course. All the turns and bumps are really there.
-i was able to chat with mechanics. Riders do not use ABS or electronics even if they can because on such bumpy track its hard to perdict how the bike will behave with electronics truned on. Even ABS is off for all the bikes. Of course it can differ from the riders but thats what RAF Reserve team mechanic told me.
-bikes use full telemetry for the race
-i also talked to guys from electric bikes. Funny thing is that they cant do more that 1 lap bcs of battery capacity AND even if they could they wont be able to go to pits because of hight battery heat that could be hazardous for fuel stored in the tanks.
Once im back home I will play the game to enjoy the feeling of TT. Its really big shame that game wasted such a big potential. They could have improved some things and make it more realistic with few details. Instead of it the game is boring after some longer time.

Napalm Nick

Interesting stuff Timbo and KG  :)

Let's hope they keep developing the game.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Davide74

What a penalty of unused license ..

grimm

With the recent sale on the title, and the fact Ride and Ride2 were okay to some extent, I reluctantly bought a copy of TT thinking it'll just be about the same, but actually have the IOM.  ::)

I've never requested a refund on steam until today. Started the game the first time and it stuttered constantly, dialed down the graphics considerably, tuned off vsync, still choppy but I got it to run somewhat okay. The physics, views, and overall feel of the game was arcade at best though. If it ran good enough to be pretty to look at, I can imagine why it's worth the money, but if you are looking for a good IOM TT racer, we're still left waiting.

Might repurchase if someone dials in a handling mod that gets it closer to RIDE2 in feel, but it otherwise feels as though it's a half baked game that should have been developed alot longer before release. The reviews reflected the same attitude RIDE received, so I gave it a shot, and it's by and far, way worse than RIDE could have ever been.  :-\

KG_03

October 14, 2018, 07:56:02 AM #369 Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 09:16:41 AM by KG_03
No doubt the game is beautiful and has many good aspects like fantastic tracks, nice sounds Unfortunately its a best example how not to make a game. Terrible physics tottaly ruined game experience. Lack of few animations (like wobble, front suspension compression or dynamic head movement depending on acceleration/braking)

Its a big shame that after years of complaining about Milestone it comes out that its the only company which is able to produce a decent motorcycle games with licenced tracks/motorcycles and events.

Ah and as for a mod for physics and handling, from what I have read at racingdepartment forums it is hard to exctract files from the game and to find proper physics code 😞 even if there was a mod, i think it will not allow people to play online.

JamoZ

KG_03

Yes...decent engine sounds, brakes and wind noises...its better than Ride 2

doubledragoncc

FINALLY!!!!

Got Steam controller setup working better and added a digital brakelight switch to rear brake as TT IOM demands a digital input for it. Now with the new steering damper mod, the sit-on system works sooooo much better and TT IOM is starting to be real fun. Damper allows adjustment while riding and also means it is adjustable for riders of different wieght as a bigger rider puts more pressure on the bars than a twig like me lol.

Still setting up in new place so had to use phone to record and ran out of space for full lap......coming soon as PC setup right.

https://www.youtube.com/v/Wf2D4Fm2p_Y&t=318s

Working on new sit-on fram design so is modular with the new motion platform I am working on too.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Looking great DD! Well done mate, nice work! ;D 8)