• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:29:31 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

FIM MotoGP/Moto2/Moto3 2018

Started by speedfr, March 16, 2018, 08:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wimp #97

Quote from: speedfr on May 06, 2018, 06:10:52 PM
BTW, great for Oettl, after 6 years of racing, he finally will have one.  ;D

Ye and deserved aswell, he was fastest but always seems to miss that aggression when it comes to battling it out.
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

HornetMaX

Gotta give it to Dorna, their tv production is top notch.

matty0l215

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Vini

May 07, 2018, 03:04:23 PM #123 Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 03:06:06 PM by Vini
IMO the crash was lorenzo's fault. he knew dani was very close and after running wide you have to expect the rider behind to slip through. you cant just cut back to the inside like that because the rider on the inside cant see you. jorge always insists on his line and ignores other riders on track because its the only way he can win with his riding style.

guigui404

Quote from: Vini on May 07, 2018, 03:04:23 PM
IMO the crash was lorenzo's fault. he knew dani was very close and after running wide you have to expect the rider behind to slip through. you cant just cut back to the inside like that because the rider on the inside cant see you. jorge always insists on his line and ignores other riders on track because its the only way he can win with his riding style.

One of the most stupid thing I've read here

Vini

davidboda46

Quote from: Vini on May 07, 2018, 03:09:07 PM
watch the helicopter angle: https://streamable.com/gppmn

He didn't know Dani was so close. Dovi said in an interview that Lorenzo's pit board did not show that they were three riders in the group, only the gap back to Dovi. Pedrosa was quite a long way back when Dovi passed Jorge so Lorenzo could not have heard Dani's bike in that moment. 

Interestingly Dovi, clearly disappointed for loss of points for the championship, mostly blames Pedrosa and Jorge's pit board:

"Dani is the rider behind so he can manage better the situation, but he didn't because he entered too fast. I think this happened because the were too much on the limit and had to do something in the battle and both did a mistake. Jorge also made a little mistake because he didn't care about the inside line because he was a little bit out of the line. It's true, from the helmet it's impossible to see inside, but you have to take care and he didn't. But this happened because in the pit board they didn't say to him that we were three riders. But this is from the rider. The rider decide what he want on the pit board and he don't want that but I think this is a mistake and is the reason why it happened today." 

Dani on the other hand was pissed off because race direction didn't explain their reasoning afterwards. From Crash.net:

"Well of course I had a big, big crash again and I was lying down and then I see they decide 'race incident' and of course we can see it's a race incident. But I went there to speak to Race Direction because I want to understand them.
It was a race incident for me in Argentina - it wasn't for Marc with Vale, but Zarco and me, yes. I highside because I pull up the bike. After Zarco's mistake coming into the [corner] I tried to give space, I finally end up in the hospital and this time - OK Lorenzo maybe don't see me, don't look or didn't expect me there or whatever – but he didn't pick up the bike and 'boom!' we ended up crashing. And I highside again. And again 'race incident'.
So I go there to understand what is the point and how they judge things because from my point of view, it wasn't just that easy. At the end you have many other riders watching the incident, many other riders in Moto3 and Moto2 taking example of us, and this was a triple accident! Which I was never involved before.
I ask them, 'How do you judge this?' because I don't understand. And then we start asking, 'OK so I was on the inside, I was on the correct line on the track yes? They were on the outside and coming back from a mistake so they were re-joining the correct line on the track, yes?
So, when you are in the right line who has the preference, the guy who is inside or the guy who is outside?' The guy who is inside. OK, so then whose fault [was it]? 'Well we already took our decision."

Full article:
https://www.crash.net/1/pedrosa-disappointed-race-direction-after-fall

Lorenzo pretty much just said: "bad luck".

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Vini

ok then lorenzo has an excuse for this one but it's a general problem with his riding, which is optimized for leading alone. he has to ignore the rider behind because otherwise he cannot use the advantage of a wide corner entry. so he always stands the bike up in the absolute last moment and acts all surprised that somebody is in front of him. same for rossi's move in san marino 2016.

anyway, i totally understand dani being angry. he sums it up perfectly, if you cut back to the line after blowing a corner you have to look behind for a moment first.

guigui404

Quote from: Vini on May 07, 2018, 04:04:50 PM
ok then lorenzo has an excuse for this one but it's a general problem with his riding, which is optimized for leading alone. he has to ignore the rider behind because otherwise he cannot use the advantage of a wide corner entry. so he always stands the bike up in the absolute last moment and acts all surprised that somebody is in front of him. same for rossi's move in san marino 2016.

anyway, i totally understand dani being angry. he sums it up perfectly, if you cut back to the line after blowing a corner you have to look behind for a moment first.

I don't know what the hell you're talking about on the lorenzo "general problem"

speedfr

Cooldown guys..

Why people can't express themselves normally ? We don't need angryness.
Everybody can says, and let's debate about it, please remain gentlemen....   :D

Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

guigui404

Just find it a little easy to always talk about Lorenzo , about his salary , about him struggling on ducati , also don't know why people say Lorenzo is always complaining . And now for a contact that cost him a possible podium wao , insane , yes ofc it's his fault , he went on pedrosa on purpose to crash and lost his podium chance ^^

Hawk

Personally looking at that incident, I totally agree with Pedros's conclusion that Lorenzo having made the mistake of going wide into the corner should've had the whereabouts and sense to just glance back and assess the situation before cutting across into the path of Pedrosa like he did..... After all, Lorenzo pace through that corner had consequently drastically slowed-down and he certainly didn't need to cut back that sharply to take the corner at the pace he ended up going at; so you also have to ask yourself whether he was doing it to purposely to block Pedrosa from coming through? If that was his intention then Lorenzo is a bloody fool on par with MM.

Personally I think Lorenzo did cut back into Pedrosa line on purpose.... he just wasn't expecting Pedrosa to be going so fast that he couldn't avoid hitting him..... So yeah, definitely Lorenzo's fault in my opinion.

guigui404

Personnaly , I think , Lorenzo don't care about the Hawk opinion about this crash , as most of real rider statement say it is a race incident

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on May 07, 2018, 06:23:10 PM
so you also have to ask yourself whether he was doing it to purposely to block Pedrosa from coming through? If that was his intention then Lorenzo is a bloody fool on par with MM.
Yeah, cause shutting the door to avoid being passed is a crime perpetuated only by "bloody fools" in racing ...

Of course Dani is pissed off, that's understandable. But to be honest, so is Dovi and so is Jorge.

The only good thing of the accident (on top of  the fact that Dani didn't get hurt) is that MM was not involved, 'cause otherwise we'd have executions squads going around for him, no matter if he was in Dovi's, Jorge's or Dani's shoes.

uberslug

Quote from: guigui404 on May 07, 2018, 07:07:15 PM
Personnaly , I think , Lorenzo don't care about the Hawk opinion about this crash , as most of real rider statement say it is a race incident

One can be 'at fault' without there being malicious intent. If one backs out of a parking space into another vehicle one is deemed 'at fault' no matter how one tries to spin it to the authorities or the owner of the other vehicle. The only one of the three who was on the racing line was Pedrosa and it is very clear from all available angles that Lorenzo's actions led to the 'incident'.