• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:50:59 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Track Release: JanjGrandPrix_3

Started by janaucarre, May 02, 2018, 07:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janaucarre

Quote from: matty0l215 on May 22, 2018, 07:50:03 PM
Just out of interest.

How long does it take you roughly to make the changes in RTB then export, change the names of objects then export to game files??

Hi, things to do is not only to change the name in 3ds after import from rtb. You need to reapply all textures. Smooth certain things, look if it is driveable without changes in rtb and redo an export.
If the track is correct, well smoothed, all things you need are present in 3ds and textured =>
30min import in 3ds
30 min rename object (if there is no cutting to do for separate different object)
More than 1 hour in tracked for centerline, grid, pit, (racedata)

Also in reality:
Doing the track in rtb from 2 to 5 or 6 days
Export to 3ds
Separate and converting in poly and rename 3-5hour(depend of the length and complexity, number of object)
Building pits 3-6hours with texturing
Building other roads like pit road 3-4 hour with texturing
Delete all seats in the public area because million of polygons for nothing and my computer cant export more than 500'000, 3 hours
Delete many tyre wall for same reason, 2hours
Export to gpb=> collision 5 to 15min
Export to gpb=> map 1h30 to 6 hours
Export to gpb=> shadow 1h30
Tracked centerline => 30 to 1hour
Tracked racedata => 1h
Tracked marshalls=>2hours
Tracked camera => 2 or more, depends what you want and how do you remember hoq it works
Export 5min
Try i n gpb
So you can add time for white line like grid, start/finish
You can note that my track is very simple, no million of object.
In 8 days of work, 24/24 the track is about to be uploaded, but there is certain things to do like flattering the kerbs and see what it is in game and probably redo them.

This track is challenging and very pleasant.
Thank you! :)

speedfr

May 26, 2018, 11:07:38 AM #32 Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 11:10:09 AM by speedfr
Hello !

@Janaucarre :
Did a little run yesterday night on NAFPRA server on your track with LeTardos.
And we quit the server when the race went after practice and qualif, because nobody knows when to start (no lights for the first row), maybe they were working on the side of the track for the back rows but no display in screen for us.

So we left and i reloaded the track on a trackday server. (DS version as NAFPRA but i have to learn how to turn the groove on, which NAFPRA does but i still haven't look at "how to do it"   ??? )

And then we had another session and what i can say so far :
-The bikes are too close to each other on the pits, all lined up, instead of being aligned maybe they could be perpendicular or 45° angle to what they are now, because if the bike in front of you is on his stand, you have hard time moving out from your box position. And a bike without pilot is like a wall or a rock, it doens't move.
-The kerbs are a lot better, honestly it's not like Jerez but now you can put your wheel onto and pass without praying !  :)
-Starting lights that doesn't work.

Did a little video of 3-4 laps on this last version of the track and it's there :
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1075.msg90131#msg90131

Your track is great and thank you again.
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

janaucarre

May 26, 2018, 11:29:09 AM #33 Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 11:32:59 AM by janaucarre
Quote from: speedfr on May 26, 2018, 11:07:38 AM
Hello !

@Janaucarre :
Did a little run yesterday night on NAFPRA server on your track with LeTardos.
And we quit the server when the race went after practice and qualif, because nobody knows when to start (no lights for the first row), maybe they were working on the side of the track for the back rows but no display in screen for us.

So we left and i reloaded the track on a trackday server. (DS version as NAFPRA but i have to learn how to turn the groove on, which NAFPRA does but i still haven't look at "how to do it"   ??? )

And then we had another session and what i can say so far :
-The bikes are too close to each other on the pits, all lined up, instead of being aligned maybe they could be perpendicular or 45° angle to what they are now, because if the bike in front of you is on his stand, you have hard time moving out from your box position. And a bike without pilot is like a wall or a rock, it doens't move.
-The kerbs are a lot better, honestly it's not like Jerez but now you can put your wheel onto and pass without praying !  :)
-Starting lights that doesn't work.

Did a little video of 3-4 laps on this last version of the track and it's there :
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1075.msg90131#msg90131

Your track is great and thank you again.

Hi,
I will change the pits position, not a big jo, 5 min, less than upload and post here.
For the starting lights i will change it if i understand whats wrong.

Aaah the kerbs, at jerez they all are easy because they are not real kerbs, they only are at the same height as the road and no teeth. So its not kerbs.
Thank for report

uberslug

Quote from: speedfr on May 26, 2018, 11:07:38 AM

Add  'groove_multiplier=20' to your 'profile.ini' file found at 'c:\users\uberslug\Documents\PiBoSo\GP Bikes\profiles\UberSlug\profile.ini' [replace uberslug with your username]. It will hasten groove creation.

Run a bunch of laps on the track you want to add a groove to [softer tires lay down rubber faster than harder tires but they all leave rubber on the surface].

If you added a groove to A1 Ring v2.2, go to 'c:\users\uberslug\Documents\PiBoSo\GP Bikes\profiles\UberSlug\tracks\A1 Ring v2.2\' [again, replace uberslug with your username].

You should find 'testing.grv' and 'testing.mrb'.

Copy and Paste them to your Server's Track Directory.

Rename them so their names match the track name exactly [in the case of A1 Ring v2.2] 'A1 Ring v2.2.grv' and 'A1 Ring v2.2.mrb' [*.grv is the groove file while *.mrb is the marbles file].

Restart the Server.

speedfr

May 26, 2018, 12:26:25 PM #35 Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 12:29:19 PM by speedfr
Quote from: uberslug on May 26, 2018, 11:54:12 AM

Add  'groove_multiplier=20' to your 'profile.ini' file found at 'c:\users\uberslug\Documents\PiBoSo\GP Bikes\profiles\UberSlug\profile.ini' [replace uberslug with your username]. It will hasten groove creation.

Run a bunch of laps on the track you want to add a groove to [softer tires lay down rubber faster than harder tires but they all leave rubber on the surface].

If you added a groove to A1 Ring v2.2, go to 'c:\users\uberslug\Documents\PiBoSo\GP Bikes\profiles\UberSlug\tracks\A1 Ring v2.2\' [again, replace uberslug with your username].

You should find 'testing.grv' and 'testing.mrb'.

Copy and Paste them to your Server's Track Directory.

Rename them so their names match the track name exactly [in the case of A1 Ring v2.2] 'A1 Ring v2.2.grv' and 'A1 Ring v2.2.mrb' [*.grv is the groove file while *.mrb is the marbles file].

Restart the Server.

Many thanks to you with sugar on top  ;D
I'll go work on files to do that. That's great !
(i'm at Donington right now  ;D)
Last interrogation : The track has to be a DS track for the groove to work i guess, no ?
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

uberslug

janaucarre

I understand only now why you didnt have light on first row, because onboard view. I will put light a bit away for 1rst view users.

speedfr

Always in FP view.

But the lights can't be seen from the first row. Maybe from the second or third and so on but in the first row, there's nothing. Désolé.  ;D

janaucarre

Hi,
I changed the racedata file because i noted that start/finish line and grid were not correct but only for one of the 2 vversion(nds/ds).
Starting from pit is better now with angle of 60 degrees.
I build this afternoon some cosmetics, flags, publicities, and other little things. More will be added.
Lights are now good for 1rst view.
I hope i will have enough time to do what i want until 1 week.
A reverse version is in my head :-)

speedfr

Great Janauccare.

I'll have a test on it later this week-end but late cuz Mugello is on  ;D

speedfr

Thanks, taking them and will give it a go during the week.
;D

janaucarre

There will probably be v3 and v4 because some little things to adjust, and to add

speedfr

Coucou Janaucarre,

i went on your last production, the V2 DS.
And i've seen that you fill it up with lost of decoration.

And here is what i've noticed :
1. The blue fences on the right are great, you can go through just fine  ;D
2. The kerbs are great now, bravissimo  ;) Now you can use them instead of fearing them. Thank you.
3. It happened three times that just taking the brake the bike flipped up, a litttle bit like Pirro at Mugello, on the fast part on the other side of the circuit, when the strait brakes on left side and then it goes down a little bit, if i brake really hard there, i flip each time. Maybe you increased the bump ? or...  :-[
4. Big Shadow on the second double right is tricky at first but nice, it's nice and it's going to move depending of the sun position.

I did a trackday server to try it tonight so i can't talk about the starting lights.

Thank you for your hard work, it's getting a lot better (specially the kerbs, they are great !)