• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:22:31 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

FIM MotoGP/Moto2/Moto3 2018

Started by speedfr, March 16, 2018, 08:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: speedfr on June 01, 2018, 08:54:01 PM
Not to me, i remenber at Le Mans, years ago, going to a talk to a mechanic guy that i know in the pitstop (during EWC race) and they were talking about that and how a "kind of spring" could pushed the pads back but how it will bother them when changing disk or pads during pitstops.
So, it never happened to me personnaly but i know that people are trying to reduce that effect, so it exists.

And when i saw the video tonight on Eurosport, i thought about it and when De Puniet gave this explanation, i found that correct because it happens.
I still think that if Ducati has answered with a "no comment", there may be something else behind.

speedfr

Do you think they are "hidding" a sort of mechanical issue around the brake/front tyre ?

Most of the pilot talks about this "little" bump right when taking the brakes so it could be a pure physical issue, mass transfert at this exact point, i don't know but hey, i remenber Nakano rear tyre explosion or MM licking the wall, this end of this long strait is a piece of bravery before entering San Donato.
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

uberslug

Quote from: matty0l215 on June 01, 2018, 09:55:46 PM
Quote from: uberslug on June 01, 2018, 09:41:14 PM
Had he not been unconscious he surely would have broken a number of bones.

How/Why?? Genuine question.

The natural tendency is to try to control one's body during a crash.

Mace-x

Quote from: matty0l215 on June 01, 2018, 09:55:46 PM
Quote from: uberslug on June 01, 2018, 09:41:14 PM
Had he not been unconscious he surely would have broken a number of bones.

How/Why?? Genuine question.

Because when you´re concious you try to tuck or harden your muscles, as he was  unconscious he couldnt react, tuck or harden any muscles, hence he ragdolls brutally and dissipates impact energy in a better way.

HornetMaX

Quote from: speedfr on June 01, 2018, 11:47:25 PM
Do you think they are "hidding" a sort of mechanical issue around the brake/front tyre ?
I'd say there's at least a chance.

speedfr

Petrux signed at Ducati Corse with Dovi for next year !!!  ;D

Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

speedfr

Fantastic races, Martin, Oliveira and Lorenzo, no Italian victory...  :o
I'm really happy for Miguel, really cuz Pasini should have won.

Great Mugello week-end.  :)

speedfr

Aie, aie, aie....

Pedrosa is quiting the HRC and Lorenzo is joining, after reading the news tonight, i have to take a deep breath !
Lorenzo and Marquez in the same box... Sparks incoming !!!

matty0l215

Oh boy. This will be intersting.

What excusses can he come up with for Honda  ;D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Vini

rip competition. in two years the honda will be unbeatable.

HornetMaX

Well at least nobody will be able to say he chickens out from teammate competition.
Not sure how many would accept to go to HRC against MM ...

guigui404

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 05, 2018, 08:47:35 PM
Well at least nobody will be able to say he chickens out from teammate competition.
Not sure how many would accept to go to HRC against MM ...

Also it's funny that many MotoGP fan said that he wasn't a top rider because of the ducati year , but he still get an offer from Honda , fun fact

speedfr

Yes but Jorge didn't have much choice too... it's either HRC or nothing almost.
Can't wait to see that #93 + #99 in the same box... :o

neoraptor

Might well be his retirement announcement  :'(
I hope not, but there are not much interesting seat left.
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<