• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GPBOC Track Database Downloads Comments

Started by doubledragoncc, February 03, 2017, 06:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeON

Hi guys! I got a problem downloading one of the tracks, the Bugatti Circuit. I install the mod as usual, but when i start the game the track is not on the list. I realised that the track has not the ".tga" file, and maybe it causes the issue.

Any idea about how to solve it?

Hawk

Quote from: NeON on June 21, 2018, 12:42:16 PM
Hi guys! I got a problem downloading one of the tracks, the Bugatti Circuit. I install the mod as usual, but when i start the game the track is not on the list. I realised that the track has not the ".tga" file, and maybe it causes the issue.

If you unzipped the file, did you unzip it within into it's own folder?

There should only be one [trackname] folder once you unzip it, ie: tracks\bugatti, and not tracks\bugatti\bugatti. This is a common mistake users make when unzipping track and bike mod files.  ;)

NeON

Quote from: Hawk on June 21, 2018, 01:13:52 PM
Quote from: NeON on June 21, 2018, 12:42:16 PM

If you unzipped the file, did you unzip it within into it's own folder?

There should only be one [trackname] folder once you unzip it, ie: tracks\bugatti, and not tracks\bugatti\bugatti. This is a common mistake users make when unzipping track and bike mod files.  ;)

Yes, I checked it. Here you can see the directory of the track.

Hawk

June 21, 2018, 04:25:03 PM #33 Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 04:27:45 PM by Hawk
Then it should be listed.....

Are you scrolling far enough down the drop down track menu list? Remember that it will be listed starting with an "N" and not a "B" so it will be further down the track list than you might think. :)

I presume you have other tracks in the tracks folder that are showing up for selection?

Other than that I'm at a loss for any other suggestion.

NeON

Yeah, I have scrolled to the bottom. I've installed more tracks with that 'NC' code, like Suzuka, Hockenheimring or Magny-Cours, and they are all showed on my list like every other mod but this Bugatti one does not :(

No idea about the reason

Hawk

Quote from: NeON on June 21, 2018, 04:45:47 PM
Yeah, I have scrolled to the bottom. I've installed more tracks with that 'NC' code, like Suzuka, Hockenheimring or Magny-Cours, and they are all showed on my list like every other mod but this Bugatti one does not :(

No idea about the reason

Just one more idea.....

How many tracks have you got installed in your tracks folder? I ask cause there used to be a max-limit if I remember rightly(not sure if it still exists or has been fixed?), so if you have a lot of tracks installed then try removing a good few then see if the Bugatti track appears.  ;)

NeON

No, neither it :'(
I got 29 tracks including Victoria. I moved 10 to the desktop and the Bugatti Circuit keeps not being showed on the game list. Destiny does not want my virtual rider to have fun on Le Mans  :-\

Hawk

Quote from: NeON on June 21, 2018, 07:47:20 PM
No, neither it :'(
I got 29 tracks including Victoria. I moved 10 to the desktop and the Bugatti Circuit keeps not being showed on the game list. Destiny does not want my virtual rider to have fun on Le Mans  :-\

I'm sorry Neon I've ran out of ideas to help mate..... Hopefully one of the other guys here will have some other ideas on how to help you? :-\

doubledragoncc

I have 105 tracks in my tracks folder

no problems at all

sometimes it is how you unpack. If you open the track folder and look at the name of the ini file for the track, that is how the folder must be nameded too. Sometimes a zip file have a version number in the name but the folder may not need it and that can cause a problem

check folder names

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

janaucarre

Hi,
Perhaps the download is corrupted, look at the size of the good one to yours. Im not at home but someone can say it here.

NeON

Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 22, 2018, 08:28:50 AM

no problems at all

sometimes it is how you unpack. If you open the track folder and look at the name of the ini file for the track, that is how the folder must be nameded too. Sometimes a zip file have a version number in the name but the folder may not need it and that can cause a problem

check folder names

DD

Yeah, it worked! I deleted the 'v 0.5' of the folder name and now the track works perfectly. Thank you all for helping, guys

Hawk

Quote from: NeON on June 22, 2018, 09:25:14 AM
Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 22, 2018, 08:28:50 AM

no problems at all

check folder names

DD

Yeah, it worked! I deleted the 'v 0.5' of the folder name and now the track works perfectly. Thank you all for helping, guys

Good to hear the guys came good and it's all working for you now Neon.....  ;) 8)

@DD: Sounds like from what you said, that the person who packed the track gave a different pack file name to the one inside the track .ini file? It would probably be good and prudent if this track was re-packed with the proper name(from the track.ini file) to replace the current one in the track database so as to avoid this situation in future?  :)

Little things sorted make a big difference......  ;D

doubledragoncc

Repacked and uploaded to server with right name lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

javiliyors

Cheste, Jerez, Almeria is updated... thanks