• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:05:04 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

2018 Supersport World Championship - Test Event

Started by teeds, June 21, 2018, 03:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poumpouny

I didn't participate in the test race but i practice wednsday, and what i've seen is that some "kids" thinks theiy are in their parent's house on the server  ;D

Hawk

June 29, 2018, 08:27:11 AM #31 Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 08:31:02 AM by Hawk
Quote from: connorhall70 on June 29, 2018, 05:59:14 AM
Quote from: Hawk on June 29, 2018, 12:54:51 AM
If bad things were said and done during the race then Teeds(as event organiser) needs to stamp on them like a ton of bricks before they think it's acceptable behaviour, it's the only way to deal with people like that or bad behaviour, be it verbal or physical during the race, becomes the norm and ends up ruining a good event for all. Warn the culprits, then if there's a next time simply ban them. If events are  to remain fun for everyone then someone has to keep hold of the reins in these events or things quickly get out of control.

My personal opinion: Too many riders think they can ride in GPBikes like they do in other games like Milestones MotoGP where you can get away with so much bad riding behaviours and bashing into each other, etc, etc... That can't be done in GPBikes cause it's a simulator and not a simple game. :)

Just my opinion from reading some of the posts concerning the race. ;) 8)

Taking a video game way too seriously, people need to just move on after something is said in the heat of the moment. you get this in EVERY game, just ignore it like they do? assetto, iracing, shit happens in all racing sims, accidents happen, sometimes looking deliberate. just leave it and move on, if they dont apologise so what? you really that butthurt over some random guy on some server not saying sorry? phahaha and cant even take an insult? all a bunch of little girls!

It's called respect for your fellow riders & event organisor/s Conner..... Too much of this obnoxious attitude from kids, even so called adults, these days thinking they can say whatever they want over event chats and VOIP just because they're anonymous behind a keyboard & internet; If I had my way I'd have a utility that would send 24,000 volts through your controllers each time you had a tantrum and/or sent verbal abuse over the internet...... I'd lay my house down in a bet these sort of people wouldn't act like that in reality because they'd know they'd get knocked flat on their back for treating someone like they do behind the safety of the internet, so why do it anyway...... You should treat others over the internet as you would treat them in real-life, with at least some semblance of respect! :P

speedfr

Sorry teeds...  :(

I didn't mean to make a mess, just came here explaining my point of view.
Didn't mean to start "another" fight on the forum.

Anyway, some knows, the other ones makes as they don't understand, had already some words and explanation with ConnorHall70 and its not very different of what happened yesterday.

Humanity is made that way and i won't change it, neither Hawk or other even if we are full of good intentions.
But yes, arcade and simul are two different things and GP Bikes is not another Milestone product. With what come with.
Because i thought that on a bike, the objective is to stay on 2 wheels... ;D

Don't fight over that Hawk, it's lost effort, we won't change people behavior specially hiding behind their screen.
I'm sure that if we were in the same room during the races, things will be different.

The main word is Respect.
And comes with it the fact that we gonna have to choose the ones you play/race with.

Have a good Assen week-end everybody.

Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

Blackheart

Teeds the server has saved the replays? I ve just half race  :(

uberslug

Perhaps more race directors should start using Black Lists.

Hawk

No worries Speedy...... No fight as far as I'm concerned just a healthy debate(this is a forum afterall) about an issue that needed addressing if bad and disrespectful behaviour is to be stopped; and I believe it can be stopped if event organisers take action promptly by having a kind word with them and making it clear that if it happens again then they will be banned with no questions asked. ;)

To say that it will always happen is so not true if the right attitude is taken by organisers and everyone knows that it will not be tolerated right from the start.

I'm just sick of hearing disrespectful and foul mouthed kids(sometimes so called adults too) everytime one enters an online game lobby these days.... If it's to stop then you have to make a stand where you can, and it's in the event organisers power to stop this sort of thing happening for sure.

Quote from: uberslug on June 29, 2018, 11:30:15 AM

@Uberslug: Totally agree with what you said there mate; just needs the will to start putting the culprits onto the list for it to be effective. I'd also "name & shame" by publishing the blacklist on the forum too so everyone would know who these people are and stop them from entering any other events too during any ban period.

teeds

June 29, 2018, 02:50:01 PM #36 Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 04:04:56 PM by teeds
Have taken a look at the replay of race 1. speedfr, not sure when you will have seen the blue flags but ideally if it was in turn 2 (he caught you pretty quickly) then ideally you'd have slowed out of turn 2 and gone off line to let a leader through on the short straight. If the flag came after that then you might have been committed to that fast left hander, then it's probably best then to just stay on line and consider making room in the next slow corner of the exit of it. Jaume, getting that close to a back marker in that braking area knowing you had lapped the rider ahead in 8 laps was asking for trouble, it was clear he was going to brake earlier than you but you didn't seem to allow for it. Bottom line is it was a minor thing, no one lost anything as it's just a test race so chill out guys and enjoy the racing.

Blackheart

June 29, 2018, 03:35:37 PM #37 Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 04:21:20 PM by Blackheart
Quote from: teeds on June 29, 2018, 02:50:01 PM
Have taken a look at the replay of race 1. speedfr, not sure when you will have seen the blue flags but ideally if it was in turn 2 (he caught you pretty quickly) then ideally you'd have slowed out of turn 2 and gone off line to let a leader through on the short straight. If the flag came after that then you might have been committed to that fast left hander, then it's probably best then to just stay on line and consider making room in the next slow corner of the exit of it. Jaume, getting that close to a back marker in that braking area knowing you had lapped the rider ahead in 8 laps was asking for trouble, it was clear he was going to brake earlier than you but you didn't seem to allow or it. Bottom line is it was a minor thing, no one lost anything as it's just a test race so chill out guys and enjoy the racing.

If I remember well [I dont have the replay] I see this in real time, I was 1 sec behind Jaume and I pushed a lot, because I see a lapped in front to him and is not very easy to overtake without risks here.

Indirectly I was involved too for avoid the bikes. And I gained the Jaume's position.

EDIT: thx for replays teeds, in the second post  ;)

uberslug

Quote from: Hawk on June 29, 2018, 12:12:44 PM
Quote from: uberslug on June 29, 2018, 11:30:15 AM

@Uberslug: Totally agree with what you said there mate; just needs the will to start putting the culprits onto the list for it to be effective. I'd also "name & shame" by publishing the blacklist on the forum too so everyone would know who these people are and stop them from entering any other events too during any ban period.

I guess I will start the 'Wall Of Shame' by stating @ConnorHall has been Permanently Black Listed on all NAFPRA Servers at the request of a number of race participants.

teeds

June 29, 2018, 04:10:13 PM #39 Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 08:57:11 AM by teeds
Nothing to worry about Juame but not sure how this happened? Maybe I slowed earlier than you expected or you got more speed than usual, either way getting that close into a braking area is risky stuff  :)

speedfr

Quote from: teeds on June 29, 2018, 02:50:01 PM
Have taken a look at the replay of race 1.
Bottom line is it was a minor thing, no one lost anything as it's just a test race so chill out guys and enjoy the racing.

Idealy talking you are certainly right.

But...

Because there's one...
During the first laps, as i was behind (missed my start, should have take time to practice starting which i didn't have (time)) and behind me, Matty (#61 if i remenber well) and suddenly big crash in front of us, like 5 ou 6 guys on the floor, not easy to go through slowly nicely without hurting any pilot and bikes and then go, we continues so i think i was at the 11th or 12th place and continues riding nicely WITHOUT falling (but it's not the religion of everybody, first bug in a simulation system, IRL you will do anything you can to avoid crashing no ?) so i continue with Matty behind me or ahead, i mean we were riding together and then, bunches of missiles went by, the super fast guys that felt before, they coming by every way, some guys like Blacky or Giorjoe are taking care and passes without problems but i guess they took a little time to pass on a good place, no problem, but (look at the replay), 3 others didn't found that to their taste so they crashed me (as well as themselves... Question : Will you do that in a race ? like A.Canet for example), i think Matty got the same treatment but i won't speak for him, so it's already kind of pissing me off, but i guess it's the "new" way...
And then, far away from the head and in a bad mood, i keep riding trying my best to finish the race without falling (from my own fault) and having a safe pace. I wanted to finish the race normally, as i will do IRL (it's a simulator not arcade game).
Then, with Matty, we are waiting a little bit each other, i felt in the 4th corner (the hairpin in 1st gear) and Matty is waiting for me so next time he felt, i was waiting, little by little, we were so slow that Meyer then another one (can't remenber) passes us nicely, with precaution, and yes there were blue flag and yes if possible we go offline to let the fast guys pass.
But as you saw, sometimes you can't or are concentrate on a brake not on the "mirror" and the rest you know.

First of all, at the end of the race, i was kinf of expacting that the ones that putt me on the floor will say something, as usual, "sorry", "i couldn't avoid you" "my bad" , these kind of things.
Instead of that i get bad words and behavior because i didn't pushed myself away in the grass to let the King go by.
What ???

Lets see what is happening for a race IRL if that happen.
Do you think a pilot is going to go as fast as possible even if it's crashing in the guys in front to ruins his race. No, even if he is faster and has the right to pass because of blue flags, he is taking care of himself (and eventually the others around but i'm not sure it exists in some brains...) and if he can't pass there, he is managing his riding to pass little later, safer and continues his riding.
If i did a mistake which can happened, i'm no genius, i have a penalty after the race or a notice from you but being yield at after what happened it's just surealistic and not acceptable. Period.

So, i might have been a big "problem" on some people races but i don't deserves such way of saying things specially after doing them, it's a game, i mean i don't care for my everyday life, don't worry but if i cross a guys like that in the street, he better run faster than me.

I always been respectfull with others and will continues. It's the minimum code between people when you are more than 1...
But i'm not gonna accept that a immature child or so called adult (!) treat the other ones like that. No way.
I'm not a child, this is a game and a simulation game, it's already on the edge on the physic side (bikes behavior) so if this guys can't accept the simulation spirit, they go play Milestones games. Or at least not with me.

I have full respect for what you do teeds, and understand you situation is not easy, i'm not blaming you anyway, it's not your fault.
But i had to come back to you after the test first to thank you (i think that's the least to do) and then explain you why you won't see me in the next ones, crazy looney toons can breathes free.

I whish you a lot of courage and determination, i've been runing lots of races back in the "old times" on GP500 or cars simulation and i know it's not obvious.  ;D

For me that the end of this story in here, i have more important and happy things to worry about.
And i'll keep putting C+A on my server as Uberslug does cuz it's already a good way to close the door to the arcady players.

You guys have a good Assen GP.
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

matty0l215

Having been in the position of backmarker for a while now :P (Hey, Someones got to come last, I'm just along for the ride ;D)

It is difficult to judge how fast someone is coming up behind you in game. I haven't had a problem with other passing me, normally a quick back check coming onto a straight to see where they are and then let pass as appropriate. I do not, however, let people pass mid corner unless they

My advice, concentrate on your ride. BUT be mindful that is a blue flag is shown to you, keep an eye behind you to see what the other rider's progress is. Unfortunately this only really comes with experience with races. And all i can say it this is what fun races or test races are for. Nobody lost anything so don't worry so much.

SpeedFR, Keep an eye behind you. I know it's a pain but until your race pace picks up just be Mindful of the faster riders. Hope this helps :)

Everyone else, Stop losing your shit over a simple race incident.  This is what Race Direction is for and Not for riders to argue with each other. As the organiser, Teeds in this case (or any other admins present) will have the final say and it can be sorted in a simpler manner than a slagging match.

Peace out :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hebe

Good to all, obviously I had mistakes in the race as the accident with teeds to get too close to your wheel to try to catch your slipstream, but this type of failures are solved in the long run racing, it is clear that we all get angry when some Accident happens in the race and sometimes we talk too much. In spite of this I simply think that the blue flag pilots should facilitate the passage especially to pilots who are among the 3 first positions, knowing that you are the last and have nothing to play, had 4 curves behind him and so I had no intention of letting go, I had to risk braking on 5 to try to take the 2 position with the bad luck that he did not maintain his line of braking and crashed. However it is a race and nothing happens I have a great time despite everything. thank you and I hope that a competition soon a greeting.