• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:03:29 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Big Thank you

Started by Big E, July 25, 2018, 07:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big E

I have been looking for a good motorcycle racing game or sim for some time having last used good old TT Superbikes on PS2.
I looked at the youtube reviews and came upon GP bikes more by chance than anything. I downloaded the demo and at first was a bit disappointed at how hard it was to play. It took me hours to actually get onto the track but then improved as I realised I was going in the wrong direction - duh!
With more practise I really started enjoying it and my Philip Island lap times started coming down.
To cut a long story short I have now registered and after some messing about have managed to download several tracks (including my local Oulton Park which is a joy and the TT course) and a nice selection of bikes. I will leave the riders and paints until I can get my head round it.
However, I am blown away by how good this sim is. It really gives a feel to the bike and the tracks whilst not perfect are superb.
I purchased the Steam version of 'Ride on the edge' and definitely prefer GP bikes purely as it gives me the chance to thrash a selection of bikes around a circuit of my choice when I feel like it. Thanks again to all who have made this possible.  :)

Hawk

Welcome aboard Big E!  ;) 8)

I always advocate for newcomers to dive-in and join the online servers where they can practice with others and gain from the advice and experience of the more experienced riders..... We've all been there when we first started and it does take a little time to get the hang of it, but GPBikes is definitely a more fulfilling experience than the arcade-sims of the likes you mentioned, ie Ride.

Again. Welcome to the club! ;D 8)

Manu

It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

matty0l215

Welcome to the forum  ;D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

janaucarre

KG_03

Hey! Great that new  people join GP Bikes :-)

IronHorse

Welcome! It is the most realistic motorcycle road bike simulator out there. The physics are just perfect!