• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Project Realistic Rig

Started by speedfr, December 08, 2017, 02:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

For DST mode the steering torque input is measured using strain gauges bonded directly to the steering stem so we are not measuring deflection but the force that we are applying at the bars to counter the servo action.

More modern electro-hydralic power steering systems with force feedback used for cars adopt a similar concept but use an electro magnetic transducer to deduce the torque - I did consider this as a possible steering stem solution using second hand ebay parts.

Using even a modest micro-controller and the servo controller closed loop adjustments you can easily keep up with the data rate from the GPB dlo interface.

I think you have pretty much grasped what I have tried to do; capture the counter-steering effect input by the rider and allow the resultant GPB physics engine output control everthing else   :)

speedfr

Quote from: h106frp on July 05, 2018, 10:02:48 PM
...capture the counter-steering effect input by the rider and allow the resultant GPB physics engine output control everthing else   :)

And that's brillant !
Bravissimo.

Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

speedfr

Hello everybody,

back from a long bike trip in England and Wales (remember : the Welsh Road Race) and through France as well (4000km total) with Wifey, i found the seat i ordered to take place on my seat rig, where i put an old Peugeot 103 biplace seat but it's too hard and not wide enough for my old butt, so here it is :

I'm gonna place it later and anyway my rig is still undone (waiting for the electronics to be set for the FFB) and didn't tried yet the Beta 14 but i'm not in a hurry after what i read of bugs from Beta 14.

Crossed a lot of Mega-Goldwins heading to Ireland  ::)
(this Polish guy has a tail and a side-car !!! )

;D
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

speedfr

Hello,

update in the W.I.P.
still working on my rig and haven't restarted GP Bikes so still no feeling off the Beta 14.

Here is the reduction box (torque increase from the DC 24V motor). One more part to print, a big one, completly circular so i can put a wheel instead of the handlebar in order to have a steering wheel for Assetto or IRacing kind of game.
This part is going to take 20hours of printing at 90% filling.

The final reduction will be 1:58. Can be updated if needed to 1:104, i'll see.
Now, i'm waiting for the 32U4 to be finished with the DC motor driver and the encoder to catch the side the handlebar/wheel goes.
Hope to come back soon with the rig ready to launch.

Cheers.

Hawk

speedfr

Thank you Hawk   ;)

And i realized that i forgot to mention that with the 32U4 device comes a software to FILTER all FFB aspects... So wooble and kerbs effects as well.
I'm sure some of you will loves to have that with GP bikes. At least, to me it's important.

More on the next episode  ;D

speedfr

September 24, 2018, 01:09:35 PM #126 Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 01:11:08 PM by speedfr
Hello guys,

just a little side post waiting since i'm waiting to receive some ABS/Kevlar spool to do the big piece left i have to do. And i want to have a really sturdy one.

So in the meantime, i want to manage a special RAM for my GPS.
The one they sell with it is the shortest ( :o) and is not really adapt to my handlebar on the Pan-European when the Bagster is full on my gaz-tank (which is a false gaz tank actually). So now it looks like its good and it's not even destroying the wind-shield when turning right  :P. Perfect on dimension, now i need to know how it's going to react to vibrations and the weight of the GPS on it.

So i went to steal an existing RAM draws from Thingiverse : Variable length arm RAM from Unstuck
I redraw the piece from this file and twist it to what i needed.
Print was made at 80% on ABS, 0.2mm layers. (6 hours of printing for the two main parts)
If guys need i have the stl file or i can adapt the draw to a special dimension if necessary.

uberslug

matty0l215

Quote from: uberslug on October 01, 2018, 09:24:18 AM
The interesting bit is at 35 seconds...

https://youtube.com/v/hmYHRNzunQI

Throwing a Boomerang in GPB would be a great idea ;)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

speedfr

October 01, 2018, 11:32:07 AM #129 Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 07:50:03 PM by speedfr
 ??? ??? ??? ??? :P :o :o

I have to admit, i didn't get it.
I used to love Lego, Mecano and other construction stuff when you're young.
But here, i'm not sure what it means...

But if you want to make a rig out of Lego, i can't wait to see that  ;D

speedfr

News coming soon i hope...

poupou59890

speedfr

Thanks Poupou,

i still have to find out hwo to link my handlebar to that and the Sapetoku is restarting !!!  :P

poupou59890

Hi,

The best way is t make a CNC part or at least use a 3D printer as almost the same thing than a quickrelease T300rs. then you can use real handlebar mount, I am not sure that I am clear^^

speedfr

Te tracasses pas, le moteur est chez un tourneur/fraiseur pour faire la pièce de relation entre guidon et moteur. Meme en ABS (j'ai une imprimante 2D) je n'aurais pas confiance, là ce sera en acier.