• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Need help configuring controls

Started by kyleG, October 25, 2018, 11:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyleG

October 25, 2018, 11:03:26 PM Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 12:02:14 AM by kyleG
I have a simcube OSW wheel and Fanatec pedals. I cant seem to assign throttle to the pedal or my steering axis to "lean" ive tried everything it seems.

I plan on making a custom handlebar setup but I need to try the sim first. ANy help will be great!

Also my steering axis is "x" and my throttle (different controller) is also "x".

Thanks,
Kyle

kyleG

Quote from: teeds on October 26, 2018, 07:28:48 AM
Does this help -

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=6226.msg93450;topicseen#msg93450

Yup I've done that. My steering axis works. Lots of other axis below and one is jumping around. Then I have two other sets of inputs in the calibration dropdown. My pedals work as well but I can't assign any of the inputs. As I click an input it just cycles through random input axis that don't correspond to anything.

Is my problem that I'm using the demo? I hope I can try the sim before purchasing

uberslug

Having nearly the same issues with an AccuForce wheel and Fanatec pedals in WRS. WRS will recognize the pedals when I Calibrate the Fanatec inputs but it won't recognize the AccuForce input. When I calibrate the AccuForce it sees it just fine but doesn't see the Fanatec items. I can not get the two to work together. I think I need to connect the Fanatec pedals to the AccuForce controller via the supplied Analog Inputs so that the AccuForce controller is the only item listed under calibration.

kyleG

Yes I have three controllers listed and it gets all messed up. Not sure why it matters. I was planning on building my own set of handle bar controls from an old wheel but now I'm worried to start if I can't assign input devices from multiple devices

teeds

This game works fine with several controllers. It sounds like you have at least one noisy pot on a controller, if it's too noisy and moves the axis enough it could be getting picked up every time you try and assign an axis.

TimboC137

Quote from: uberslug on October 26, 2018, 08:57:52 PM
Having nearly the same issues with an AccuForce wheel and Fanatec pedals in WRS. WRS will recognize the pedals when I Calibrate the Fanatec inputs but it won't recognize the AccuForce input. When I calibrate the AccuForce it sees it just fine but doesn't see the Fanatec items. I can not get the two to work together. I think I need to connect the Fanatec pedals to the AccuForce controller via the supplied Analog Inputs so that the AccuForce controller is the only item listed under calibration.

this is strange. my accuforce and fanatec pedals are connected separately and they both are recognized.

uberslug

I don't know why it is doing this. Perhaps it is an issue with USB3? I only have two USB2 ports and my headset is plugged into one of them. I have found the GamePad doesn't work as well when plugged into USB3. This may be a motherboard component and driver issue.

TimboC137

November 14, 2018, 12:17:23 AM #8 Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 12:23:16 AM by TimboC137
USB3 might be an issue. I had some problems with the fanatec pedals when they were connected to a usb2 on the motherboard. I would get usb malfunctioned message and the pedals were no longer detected. After trying every usb on my pc, including USB3, I would get the same message and disconnect. I tried a powered usb hub, and now the pedals are always detected and I never get usb malfunction messages anymore. A powered usb hub might be worth a try. It sounds like you could use a few extra usb ports anyways.