• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:39:07 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Donington Park Circuit v2.0

Started by javiliyors, November 09, 2018, 06:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

javiliyors

Hawk

Myst1cPrun3

Looks good Can't wait to try it. Just wondering if you'd be changing the colour of the kerbs and details, as donnington just went through a revamp and is now red and white as opposed to blue and white

javiliyors

Myst1cPrun3

Oh good god I'll have a go, but I was never any good at colouring in. Never in the lines 😭😂

javiliyors

janaucarre

Hi,
Flat or not to be flat, that is tge question.
Since many years this problem is discussed here, since we mod tge tracks.
For me the pleasure comes before realistic and when i cross a kerb and it makes me fall and in reality the gp guys go full throttle with angle on kerb i want to do the same.
So, my phylosophy until piboso find something to solve the problem is "kerbs usable for fun"

Thank javi

speedfr

Quote from: janaucarre on November 21, 2018, 08:51:11 PM
Hi,
Flat or not to be flat, that is tge question.
Since many years this problem is discussed here, since we mod tge tracks.
For me the pleasure comes before realistic and when i cross a kerb and it makes me fall and in reality the gp guys go full throttle with angle on kerb i want to do the same.
So, my phylosophy until piboso find something to solve the problem is "kerbs usable for fun"

Thank javi

And that's exactly what i asked you for your famous JanjGrandPrix_3 track.
Because it was making the track more rideable and more fun. For the exact same reasons you just mention here. Otherwise, approaching thiese kerbs was a poker deal each time and no "feeling" of why you crash or pass easily.
But it is a virtual track so its easy to adapt without hurting the feelings of the purist.

About this huge work of Javiliyors, if IRL the guys goes on the kerbs like regular flat track and you can't do that with GP Bikes, i guess flatening the kerbs is a good response to the (choose the good one) physics issue/behavior in players hand because of the lack of feeling compare to the real life.
+1 for the work Javi !  ;)
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

javiliyors

Thanks to all, tomorrow if is possible i release the two version without a 3d crowd and other fix to get a 40 fps... the track have to much polygon and sometimes has a lag. This game not have a best graphics motor and i have to take out some details...

Sorry for my english

javiliyors

Added: V0.99

Changelog:

Deleted 3D Crowd
Optimized track for better FPS
Reduced too much poygons

Enjoy.

javiliyors

Added: V1.0 Final version

Changelog:

Fixed a bug in the first corner (Collisionable tyres and hole)
Fixed graphics performance in the last sector (+FPS)

Enjoy

Myst1cPrun3

This v1.0 doesn't seem to record my lap times, it just puts -- in the lap time analysis, despite them being logged as a flying lap. V0.99 didn't seem to do that, so unless I've done something wrong is this a bug?

javiliyors

Tomorrow at morning upload a fixed version with lap count, sorry for this

poumpouny

As far as I know, GPbikes doesn't handle yet non flatted kerbs, so this guy came with a solution to that, and instead of asking piboso to fix the physics, we are complaining about him to flatten the track  ;D. Personnaly i'm for flattening all kerbs on all track until piboso fix the kerb physics problem, Mugello first lol  ;D

Hawk

Quote from: poumpouny on December 12, 2018, 05:51:14 AM
As far as I know, GPbikes doesn't handle yet non flatted kerbs, so this guy came with a solution to that, and instead of asking piboso to fix the physics, we are complaining about him to flatten the track  ;D. Personnaly i'm for flattening all kerbs on all track until piboso fix the kerb physics problem, Mugello first lol  ;D

Just so you know.... Piboso has in fact been asked to fix this issue. He's made some headway with it(it used to be worse than it is now) but it's still not fully solved. We presume he's continuing to investigate the issue?  :-X :)