• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:51:48 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

motogp18 bikes

Started by RobinHoodUKIP, November 25, 2018, 10:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinHoodUKIP

ok do i really need to dl all 18 versions via mega? for 6 bikes?
guys seriously, all downloads have to go on my tight c drive before moving to other places. 18 downloads for just 6 bikes is getting out of hand.
seems like i spend more time downloading new versions and updated bikes than ever playing.

matty0l215

There are 18 models because everyone wants every version of the bikes.

For example, Ducati has 3 Bikes, one of which has 2 versions, so 4 bikes.
Honda has one bike but 4 versions of it.

My suggestion, for no more than £30 a 120gb ssd can be bought ;)

Racing games with lots of bikes regardless of the category and even more tracks take up a lot of space.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

RobinHoodUKIP

Quote from: matty0l215 on November 25, 2018, 10:13:11 PM
There are 18 models because everyone wants every version of the bikes.

For example, Ducati has 3 Bikes, one of which has 2 versions, so 4 bikes.
Honda has one bike but 4 versions of it.

My suggestion, for no more than £30 a 120gb ssd can be bought ;)

Racing games with lots of bikes regardless of the category and even more tracks take up a lot of space.
just complaining about having to clean up c drive after afew downloads, space isnt a problem as it all ends up on d drive.
just seem to look at servers, spent an hour downloading or updating before every time i start up the sim, im sure i could just play sim on my own but 90% of fun is having other bikes around.
sorry if i moan too much, just getting annoyed at ongoing updates and downloads.

matty0l215

Not just you mate ;)

Downloading 1gb of files just so you can go online is a total ballache

The original idea of the BikeMOD to reduce this. It to be released twice a month so that everyone would have at least a couple of weeks to ride online without having to update. That went out the window when people just started releasing stuff on their own

It may be worth you setting up the FTP. Everything is automatically downloaded and i can go straight to the correct folder :)

RobinHoodUKIP

oh really not having a pop at running the mega bikemod or devs. they have been life savers. thanks to all. just wish the modders would try and keep things neat and clean without ongoing tweaks to already released stuff.
im dling all the versions now and just know if theres an update in future and cant get on a server, il have great time working out what version of the 18 is updated  ;D ;D

matty0l215

h106frp

I can understand the issues for players but also for modders.

First releases of mods often uncover a lot of bugs and it is nice to hotfix them - a 2 week delay is a pain with a buggy bike.

Would an extra category for first release bikes (bikeDEV) be a solution with the bikeMOD for stable versions only and we can get back to a single repository.

Track host could denote whether sessions use bikeMOD or bikeDEV so you would know whether it will be a hassle getting in having to track down the correct bikes.

Tom HWK

can i ask why you download to your C drive if you use your D drive? I have a 250GB SSD for my C drive and its used for nothing but Windows and programs like photoshop everything else is on my D drive like desktop, documents, pictures etc.

RobinHoodUKIP

Quote from: Tom HWK on November 26, 2018, 03:37:58 PM
can i ask why you download to your C drive if you use your D drive? I have a 250GB SSD for my C drive and its used for nothing but Windows and programs like photoshop everything else is on my D drive like desktop, documents, pictures etc.
firefox is on c, then goes to desktop also on c, then extract zips into d drive folders where gp bikes is.
im no pc expert, but seems whenever i dl alot via internet i get problems and have to use disk cleanup to give me more space, even after deleting the zips that were on desktop.

RobinHoodUKIP

Quote from: h106frp on November 25, 2018, 11:00:05 PM

First releases of mods often uncover a lot of bugs and it is nice to hotfix them - a 2 week delay is a pain with a buggy bike.

Would an extra category for first release bikes (bikeDEV) be a solution with the bikeMOD for stable versions only and we can get back to a single repository.

Track host could denote whether sessions use bikeMOD or bikeDEV so you would know whether it will be a hassle getting in having to track down the correct bikes.
thats good idea.
is there any way to add notes/more info to server descriptions? half the battle is not knowing what even needs updating, so you end up downloading and replacing everything just to go into a server you cant see, but saying that alot of modders dont number title(1.1 etc) updated versions of bikes so even that isnt perfect solution.

Hawk

Quote from: RobinHoodUKIP on November 26, 2018, 04:22:40 PM
Quote from: h106frp on November 25, 2018, 11:00:05 PM

thats good idea.
is there any way to add notes/more info to server descriptions? half the battle is not knowing what even needs updating, so you end up downloading and replacing everything just to go into a server you cant see, but saying that alot of modders dont number title(1.1 etc) updated versions of bikes so even that isnt perfect solution.

"Déjà vu"......
I remember these type of posts before we organised the "BikeMOD Database" & "Track Database", many years ago now, which was supposed to be there so everyone knew that if they downloaded the bikes from this database then they could join any server without any mismatch issues due to different versions(bikes or tracks)..... Sounds like it's not working as it was designed to do right now for some reason?  ??? :-\