• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:23:32 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

New official track

Started by PiBoSo, December 03, 2018, 04:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which official track would you prefer ( you can choose two! )?

Donington Park
Laguna Seca
Jerez
Mugello
Assen ( pre-2006 )
Spa
Other ( please write which one )

Hawk

December 11, 2018, 06:48:48 PM #105 Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 06:58:17 PM by Hawk
Quote from: h106frp on December 11, 2018, 06:26:49 PM
Cambered turns are something else that needs fixing, currently the bike will tend towards a lowside as if the camber is being added to the the lean angle.  :(

Yes, it's as if the bike/tyre lean angle is being calculated from a set flat surface(zero to nn deg lean) at each cycle instead of first calculating the track surface angle first? I'm probably wrong but it's just a thought.  :)

@Myst1cPrun3: Yes indeed there were so many changes during those times but I agree too that I'd also like to see the original layout modelled by Piboso as the official track cause the original layout for the Assen TT circuit was probably the best road racing circuit in the world until they started to mess around with it..... Same happened to Silverstone too..... Bloody do-gooders and their supposed safety alterations.  >:(

Davide74

Quote from: Hawk on December 11, 2018, 04:23:49 PM
Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on December 11, 2018, 03:29:32 PM
I can't really say how accurate or inaccurate it is compared to the real world version, as I have never ridden it, and was only 8ish when it was changed. There are definitely worse tracks available and it is quite rideable with a decent flow, if it is in need of a texture/bump map/3d update. As for this update, I've only tried a handful of things with track modding and was catastrophically unsuccessful, so I can't say if it's worth updating or would be less work to start from scratch? I'll leave that decision to the people that know what they're doing lol. But it's definitely rideable, and there are very few bugs that I've found, so it's been well tested at least.

EDIT: What I will say is that I've been playing MotoGP 4 on PCSX2 a load recently, and I've just done the Assen round of career mode there, and that version seems much more 'lived in' shall we say, and with a texture boost of x8 in the PCSX settings it looks startlingly good, and not like a 13-14 ish year old ps2 game. Again I can't vouch for accuracy, but would it be possible to rip that version and import it over, just as a stop gap until its either remade or updated. As far as I can find the MGP 4 game is abandon ware as of now, (don't quote me on that tho, ans I'm not 100% sure), so it shouldn't be so much of an issue providing it can be done? Or even rip the older version from a milestone game, believe it was in VRTG the game?
Worth doing another mod version of the classic Assen TT Circuit? I guess it depends on whether Piboso decides to actually do the Assen track and also how long before he can complete it?  :)

Personally I'd rather Piboso do this version which I beleive is still the original layout which was slightly longer than even the pre 2006 version.
https://www.youtube.com/v/omk5sHY2xwI

But you can really see the track corner cambers on these old layouts..... Much more track camber than on the latest modern Assen track corners.  ;)

2001 was the last year that they piloted in this version, which for me is the best.

Myst1cPrun3

December 11, 2018, 08:00:39 PM #107 Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 10:46:39 PM by Myst1cPrun3
I believe MotoGP used the Older layout for the last time in 2005, which its obvious its in the middle of redevelopment as there are construction site looking objects around, and is quite dusty and unpainted

idk how to embed videos sorry XD

https://www.youtube.com/v/h9IxPEZIWPY

EDIT LOOK MA I DID IT

Hawk

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on December 11, 2018, 08:00:39 PM
I believe MotoGP used the Older layout for the last time in 2005, which its obvious its in the middle of redevelopment as there are construction site looking objects around, and is quite dusty and unpainted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9IxPEZIWPY

Click the "Quote" link on a post with an embeded video in it and look at the code and it'll show you what you need to do mate.  ;)

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Hawk on December 11, 2018, 09:03:51 PM
Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on December 11, 2018, 08:00:39 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9IxPEZIWPY

Click the "Quote" link on a post with an embeded video in it and look at the code and it'll show you what you need to do mate.  ;)
Can't believe I didn't think of that.
Excuse me I need to buy a new brain...

matty0l215

Quote from: Arvoss on January 03, 2014, 10:09:24 PM
How to upload a youtube video:
1. Get the link of the video (ex. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buUQZCGYRFQ)
2. Remove the 'watch?v=' and add v/ => new link looks like that:  http://www.youtube.com/v/buUQZCGYRFQ
3. Insert a flash object by clicking the red flash icon.
4. Insert your link in the flash object.
5. Edit the width and height (560,315)
6. Now your video is successfully embeded! :D
http://www.youtube.com/v/buUQZCGYRFQ
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Myst1cPrun3

Oooooo it uses flash, I would have assumed it would have used a HTML or hyperlinks. That explains a lot cheers guys 👍

JOACKO172

NortWest 200 or Paul Ricard.

HornetMaX

My 2c: it has to be a modern track, something MotoGP or WSBK race on frequently.

Local / club / obscure tracks = big no no (no matter how nice they are).
Oldies = big no no. People tend to live in the present. There are exceptions but well, they are exceptions.

Brno, Mugello and even Portimao look reasonable to me.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 20, 2018, 09:15:10 AM
My 2c: it has to be a modern track, something MotoGP or WSBK race on frequently.

Local / club / obscure tracks = big no no (no matter how nice they are).
Oldies = big no no. People tend to live in the present. There are exceptions but well, they are exceptions.

Brno, Mugello and even Portimao look reasonable to me.

+1    I would agree with that summary.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Napalm Nick

December 20, 2018, 12:12:27 PM #115 Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 12:46:10 PM by Napalm Nick
Here's an opportunity? :

The Finnish GP at KymiRing is set to join the FIM MotoGP™ World Championship calendar from 2020

Edit year lol so loads of time to make it and be at the cutting edge of the sport.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

h106frp

Napalm Nick

Yes that's a nice video!

So I see a driver training area - aka a track for KRP/mopeds. An off road area and the main track for WRS, and the main track for GPB.

So 1 model that could be implemented in all three Piboso masterpieces.

Value for money
Value for effort
Cutting edge motogp circuit.
Benefits all games.

Boom.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

matty0l215

Now that would be amazing!

They (the owners) may also be interested in a Non-Moto GP Offical version of the track.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

-aGy-