• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Ride 3 from Gamescom 2018

Started by davidboda46, August 23, 2018, 05:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamoZ

Quote from: KG_03 on December 03, 2018, 12:38:43 PM
which bike did you try?

Loads. There is just no connection with the bike like i had in MotoGP 18. Yeah, that game was as arcade as it could get, but a very nice handeling one in which most things i did made sense, same goes for the crashes.

Ride 3 just feels way too floaty. I`ll give it another go, but it just doesn`t grab me...

tchemi

My conclusion from the few videos I saw is :
GPBikes just needs a good graphic engine, better sounds and more bikes and tracks to become the absolute, non discutable, beating them all, 5 stars, top, best, bester bike game of all times...

Still... Am I gonna buy Ride 3 to give it a try ??? I've played 4 hours of Ride 2 and get bored... Does it worth its price for 10 hours ??

Hawk

Quote from: tchemi on December 03, 2018, 08:03:14 PM
GPBikes just needs a good graphic engine, better sounds and more bikes and tracks to become the absolute, non discutable, beating them all, 5 stars, top, best, bester bike game of all times...

Still... Am I gonna buy Ride 3 to give it a try ??? I've played 4 hours of Ride 2 and get bored... Does it worth its price for 10 hours ??

With all respect mate...... Yep, and this is why we keep getting this type of rubbish developed cause people still buy it, even if only to try it.  :o

Why not just download and try the demo instead and then be done with it? You stated yourself that you only played Ride 2 for 4 hours before getting bored with it.... Why not do yourself and everyone else a favour. Lol.   ;) ;D

HornetMaX

Yeah, just that. Easy peasy.

tchemi

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 03, 2018, 10:42:15 PM

I'm joking Max. What I want to say is that at first sight, most gamers will be impressed by beautiful graphics and gound sound (what you can see from a yt video).

@Hawk : I understand your point. Tho, I havn't bought any Milestone game so far and I know I will play this one with friends of mine.
On the other hand, I think that it is more efficient to make some advertising for GPB than stoping buying other games if we want the GPB comunity to grow up

Hawk

Quote from: tchemi on December 03, 2018, 10:52:56 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on December 03, 2018, 10:42:15 PM

I'm joking Max. What I want to say is that at first sight, most gamers will be impressed by beautiful graphics and gound sound (what you can see from a yt video).

@Hawk : I understand your point. Tho, I havn't bought any Milestone game so far and I know I will play this one with friends of mine.
On the other hand, I think that it is more efficient to make some advertising for GPB than stoping buying other games if we want the GPB comunity to grow up

I must admit I don't understand this reasoning(highlighted in blue)? How does buying crap motorcycle games advertise GPBikes or help grow the GPB community? Surely more direct advertising approaches(Youtube reviews, etc) and regular race events for GPB would be so much more beneficial? :)

tchemi

Ho... That's my point indeed !
I mean. If you and I and all the GPB community don't buy Milestone games, that won't change anything. But, I f we advertise GPB, It may have better visibility, more people joining... Maybe Piboso will hire some people to help him and accelerate the development etc, etc...

Milestone make games for kids or causal players that just want to have fun on their ps4. If simracers like us buy or not their game, this won't change a thing I think.

Hawk

Quote from: tchemi on December 08, 2018, 05:42:01 PM
Ho... That's my point indeed !
I mean. If you and I and all the GPB community don't buy Milestone games, that won't change anything. But, I f we advertise GPB, It may have better visibility, more people joining... Maybe Piboso will hire some people to help him and accelerate the development etc, etc...

Milestone make games for kids or causal players that just want to have fun on their ps4. If simracers like us buy or not their game, this won't change a thing I think.

I understand and respect what your saying their mate, and yes you could well be right on that premise..... I just hate to see games being promoted as simulators when MotoGP 2018 is clearly not a simulator at all. I just think the more people that can be convinced to not buy Milestones MotoGP game series then the more likely chance there is of them finding the likes of GPBikes. But then as you say, those sort of people are probably only looking for a "game" and not a "sim" that needs practice and dedication to ride well in. Agreed.  ;)

h106frp

This gave me a bit of a laugh considering some of the discussions we have had about GPB performance, graphics engine, model details/size, texture sizes etc;

Specs for RIDE 3 (Unreal engine);

System Requirements

Minimum:
        Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
        Processor: Intel Core i5-2500, AMD FX-8100 or equivalent
        Memory: 8 GB RAM
        Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 with 2 GB VRAM or more / AMD Radeon HD 7950 with 2 GB VRAM or more
        DirectX: Version 11
        Storage: 23 GB available space
        Sound Card: DirectX compatible
        Additional Notes: *Laptop versions of graphics cards may work but are not officially supported.

Recommended:
        Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
        Processor: Intel Core i7-2600, AMD FX-8350 or equivalent
        Memory: 16 GB RAM
        Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 3 GB VRAM or more | AMD Radeon R9 380 with 4 GB VRAM or more
        DirectX: Version 11
        Storage: 23 GB available space
        Sound Card: DirectX compatible
        Additional Notes: *Laptop versions of graphics cards may work but are not officially supported.

JohnnoNinja

I noticed Ride 3 is 20% off on steam (39,99 Euro). Is it worth the price, or should I wait for a better price?;)

I've got a GTX 960M, which is below specs... or is there a chance that it might run alright on my laptop? (Other specs are on recommended level...)

Alby46

it should run more than fine, at the highest settings too
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

KG_03

I think its worth the price. But its more like ride 2.5 with new graphics and fantastic tracks. 80% of bikes and clothes are from Ride 2 😔 still its very fun to ride.

I am surprised that they dropped the price now...looks like the sales must have been low...

MaVericK

Anyway Ride 3 looks fantastic - but thats all.....

It don´t feel like riding a bike - like GBP. No comparing to the feeling you get in a 500 2 stroke on a track like catwell park close to - and sometimes over the limit. Thats real fun - Ride (Milestone ) is A R C A D E. Nothin more to say...

Greetz Maverick

Hawk

If you keep buying rubbish then they will keep producing rubbish..... That's all I'm saying.  :P :)

Blackheart

January 08, 2019, 10:53:31 PM #59 Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 10:55:59 PM by Blackheart
Quote from: JohnnoNinja on January 08, 2019, 08:29:54 PM
I noticed Ride 3 is 20% off on steam (39,99 Euro). Is it worth the price, or should I wait for a better price?;)

I've got a GTX 960M, which is below specs... or is there a chance that it might run alright on my laptop? (Other specs are on recommended level...)

I play it with an old laptop and works well to 1080p with medium details it is well optimized (motogp 18 run bad with the same laptop...)

If you want to save some money: https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/2604-buy-key-steam-ride-3/