• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GP Bikes beta15

Started by PiBoSo, February 06, 2019, 04:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janaucarre

Hi,
Thank you for release of beta 15
1 hour playing this beta and stop.
The front end issue is back as some older beta.
Falling with no visible reason.
Fps are the same as before.
The bike looks good.
We have lost murasama and 500

Miglitol

In my opinion, the bike is perfect.

Maybe relax a little bit the Engine Brake.

but in general the physic is perfect.

cogoyoda

dont change nothing this bikes .the bike is perfect ,dificultt

Blackheart

I like the M2 model, engine and general phisics, but the front is very bad... unfortunately I can not record vids just now but I have seen bad things, for example I lose the front 3-4 times in a single corner before a crash.

My feeling is like to ride on a wet track with a front slick tire  :P

Hawk

Does the loose front end issue affect any other bikes or just the new M2?

Davide74

Great Bike Piboso.

It is adapt, the front grip gives a very good depth to the driving, as in the best betas.

For me it is perfect, tested on different circuits.

Blackheart

February 07, 2019, 09:21:16 PM #21 Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 09:56:25 PM by Blackheart
Quote from: Hawk on February 07, 2019, 08:47:04 PM

Tried just M2, the front feeling is inexistent, shame because the other things are very good in this bike.

EDIT: here a pics sequence for understand better the issue, ( lose the front a lot of times without lose the bike... and im not Marquez  ;D

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Blackheart on February 07, 2019, 09:21:16 PM
Quote from: Hawk on February 07, 2019, 08:47:04 PM

Tried just M2, the front feeling is inexistent, shame because the other things are very good in this bike.

EDIT: here a pics sequence for understand better the issue, ( lose the front a lot of times without lose the bike... and im not Marquez  ;D

I know exactly what you mean, the front end seems quite inconsistent. And the downshifts are also weird, no matter what assists I use, blipping, rear brake etc, the back just slides away. I get the idea to replicate the 'back it in' style of moto 2, but for me at least its almost near impossible to control. Whether this can be altered in setup, or the front feeling being changed will fix it IDK. But it certainly pulls amazingly, and sounds freaking amazing. Particularly the quick-shifter up-shift sound. Its one that isn't often there in games, but this sounds awesome. A good first iteration tho keep it up  :) :) :) :)

poumpouny

Since nobody (or very few people) ride a moto 2 here IRL, in what are you referring when you're saying that a physic is bad or good, i think if the physics engine is correct and the data putted in is correct (which I think Piboso has done) the physics should be correct, it remind me when they interviewed Marco from Kunos about what pilot thinks about their physics and the answer is always :

If they make good lap, they say the physic is perfect, if not they blame the physics .....

And if Pib already put correct value but the bike still have wrong behaviour then let me go back to Milestone game  ;D

KG_03

I also have a feeling that bike is perfect. Yesterday I did almost 60 laps and around 30 on Victoria Circuit.

I have a feeling that front tyre grip depends on the track you are riding at... and don't forget that if you lean the bike its right on the edge. In some places even a small bump can cause a fall. All other things like dasboard, rear tyre... everything feels great.

One thing I am still missing is a simulation of negative camber curves. In Victoria circuit turn nr 10 is pain in the ass. You lean the bike too much and you fall. In my case its more like luck.

Myst1cPrun3

There have been Various videos and reviews on how the bikes handle, and while I do not have any firsthand experience in riding them, there is a general consistent opinion of what should and shouldn't happen.
As for correct values, putting in the correct physics values when compared to the real world actually very rarely gives a 100%, or even a 50% accurate simulation, and most machines, even the large team owned F1 simulator's, are a best guess scenario. If you really wanted the values to be 100% accurate in terms of use, then you'd have to start programming air density and gravity at that specific track, elevation, etc.
The feeling from the front is the larger issue for me, as I can solve the downshift issues with earlier braking and practice. it seems inconsistent, one line one lap is fine, next lap is a crash on same line same inputs etc. Maybe if the negative camber issues are fixed then that may help with the overall feel of it.

KG_03

oh yes I forgot to add, engine braking seems to be an issue for me. When I reach turn 6 on Victoria on 2nd gear with highest rpms then release the throttne, rear wheel just slides away.
You much be very careful not to downshift too early otherwise rear is just gone.

Pableke46

Hi everybody,
First of all thank u for the b15 piboso.

I only could try in 20 laps in Jerez. I like the m2 it's more difficult and that's makes u  more focus on playing. I think I can't say anything because everybody have to make more laps in different tracks.

If I had to change something I would check the engine brake... It's too aggressive in my opinion.
About the front Tyre I think that is just how you pilot and we have to find the limit in 20 laps it's almost impossible.

The last important think is the core crash in the garage(multiplayer)

Thanks piboso

And enjoy the game with the people in multiplayer.

Hawk

February 08, 2019, 10:45:47 AM #28 Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 10:50:57 AM by Hawk
Quote from: KG_03 on February 08, 2019, 08:21:56 AM
I also have a feeling that bike is perfect. Yesterday I did almost 60 laps and around 30 on Victoria Circuit.

I have a feeling that front tyre grip depends on the track you are riding at... and don't forget that if you lean the bike its right on the edge. In some places even a small bump can cause a fall. All other things like dasboard, rear tyre... everything feels great.

One thing I am still missing is a simulation of negative camber curves. In Victoria circuit turn nr 10 is pain in the ass. You lean the bike too much and you fall. In my case its more like luck.

Actually the virtual rider is controlling how much you can lean the bike, whether it's adverse camber, dry or wet conditions. So if the front tyre is breaking away for no apparent reason(too heavy front breaking while cornering, etc) then the front tyre should not break away at all.
Only if you are in direct control of the bike via DST for instance can you over lean the bike and cause tyres to break away like is being described as an issue here. So if the front tyre is breaking away then there is either an issue with the core physics, or there is an issue with the way the bike physics have been set-up....... I'd hazard a guess that it's simply because the bike or tyre physics have not been fine tuned enough and still need work to fully complete them?

But the main thing to keep in mind is that unless you are using DST to control the bike then you are not determining how far the bike leans in different conditions, it's the virtual rider that does that job; you are just directing where the bike goes as such.
As far as I understand it, the virtual rider uses the grip levels of the tyres to govern how far to lean the bike.

KG_03

Ah! Now I understand. I have direct steering set to 30%. When I make it higher than the bike is jumping like a jelly