• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GP Bikes beta15

Started by PiBoSo, February 06, 2019, 04:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poumpouny

QuoteThere have been Various videos and reviews on how the bikes handle, and while I do not have any firsthand experience in riding them, there is a general consistent opinion of what should and shouldn't happen.
As for correct values, putting in the correct physics values when compared to the real world actually very rarely gives a 100%, or even a 50% accurate simulation, and most machines, even the large team owned F1 simulator's, are a best guess scenario. If you really wanted the values to be 100% accurate in terms of use, then you'd have to start programming air density and gravity at that specific track, elevation, etc.
The feeling from the front is the larger issue for me, as I can solve the downshift issues with earlier braking and practice. it seems inconsistent, one line one lap is fine, next lap is a crash on same line same inputs etc. Maybe if the negative camber issues are fixed then that may help with the overall feel of it.

Why the hell are we calling it a simulation if it is not 50% correct hahahahah  ??? :o ??? . And how can F1 team using software like Rfactor 2 or RFactor Pro no only for driver training but also for new parts/setting testing if it's not 50% accurate ? I'm lost then ..........

Myst1cPrun3

I'd imagine that's they'd develop a part in the sim, use it on the car, and make changes to the sim. Eventually, I'd imagine they'd get something extremely accurate and the sim wouldn't need much changing. But for a smaller 'consumer' SIM, it hasn't had these developments I should Imagine.

But in the end, accurate values may not translate as to accurate handling is kind of what I'm trying to say, albeit very badly.

Hawk

Quote from: KG_03 on February 08, 2019, 11:27:47 AM
Ah! Now I understand. I have direct steering set to 30%. When I make it higher than the bike is jumping like a jelly

If your answering my post above(not sure cause you didn't include any quote that your answering to)?  :)

But anyway, just wanted to say that direct steer is not DST. For DST to work you have to set it to work in the .ini file. But believe me, controlling the bike using DST is a whole new ball-game and learning experience.... In my opinion it's the difference between playing GPB as a game and using GPB as a real simulation. ;D

There's a point that could easily be implemented by Piboso(take him 10 secs I would think? Lol); that would be to have check boxes to put the control of GPB into DST modes from the options menu? A minor addition but a useful one don't you think?  :)

KG_03

yes yes it was an answer to your post.
I have set DST to 305 I thought its direct steering. Shall I turn direct steer then? Is it better to control the bike? I play on game pad.

adrmelandri

Quote from: DidietXFuera on February 07, 2019, 04:02:29 AM
Quote from: PiBoSo on February 06, 2019, 05:00:06 PM
- please note that this is only the first release of the new bike. Please leave your feedback so it can be improved in future updates.
Thank you in advance for your hard work, PiBoSo. I really like this beta 15. One of the things I like is the bug that has been fixed on the front suspension when hard braking. You have done a good job.

After trying Moto2, it has a different physic than the previous official bike. Unfortunately, I felt it was difficult to control the bike when it was in the corner and resulting a front-end. I feel that the front tire has no grip on the asphalt. Maybe I just need more adaptation. lol.

But overall, my waiting was finally worth it. Great job.  8)
I also agree with him, although maybe it's because I need more adaptation, but the bike is crashing inconsistently because of the front-end, even when I'm not on a full lean. Apart from that, amazing work. Quick question, do you happen to have the template of Schwaben Moto2?
Das Leben ist kein Ponyhof.
Life is not a child's play.
https://adrmeisterwerk.wordpress.com/

Hawk

Quote from: KG_03 on February 08, 2019, 12:48:42 PM
yes yes it was an answer to your post.
I have set DST to 305 I thought its direct steering. Shall I turn direct steer then? Is it better to control the bike? I play on game pad.

Useful "Journal" from Klax, recording his journey in learning to ride with DST in GPB: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1125.0

If you read his first post fully, it tells you about how to set it up.  ;)

Aherat

Hi, only a few laps on B15 but positive impressions on M2 bike. Front end grip problems for me too, need more laps to adaptation.

ludo05

Hey,

first of all let me say my first impression with the Supersport 600 mod, we do have extremely annoying issue with the shifting in corner, it seem like there is no more shifter when you lean the bike and try to shift up, so it's kinda annoying,
then the front end feels different that in beta 14, i'm getting much more stoppies than before and loosing the front quiet often on the phase of decreasing brake + leaning.

And about M2 i'm sorry but this is kind of a disaster, sorry for my word but the bike has a crazy turning, much oversteering, it's not very realistic because m2 is heavy and not easy to place in a corner, the issue of that bike oversteering so much makes you loose the front for no reason because it seem the bike has way too much angle.
then last but not least, engine brake... this bike is unrideable at this point if you want to do 10 laps in a row without any mistake, because it makes her unpredictable, when you downshift more than 2 gears with a little bit of leaning, you just loose the rear for no reason, it has way too much engine brake, and a 600cm3 engine should have not so much engine brake,
the result of those 2 issues makes the bike really like a russian roulette, it's not a realistic bike, turning too easely and way too much engine brakes.

regards;

lluisete

The bike is really good, it just need to fix two things:

More grip on front tyre because its kinda hard to be enough good with the lean angle with a Gamepad. I tested with a G29 and i can control leaning nice to dont crash, but with the Gamepad its too very hard.

Less engine brake, the bike loses the rear tyre too easly.

I love the M2, its very good to love it un the first version, hope that with some improvements can be perfect  ;D
Champion of Summer Cup 2012 and SRC125cc.<br />Subchampion of SRC500cc.<br />Admin of @gpbikes_fans<br />Personal instagram @lluiscabedo

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: lluisete on February 09, 2019, 09:22:56 AM
The bike is really good, it just need to fix two things:

More grip on front tyre because its kinda hard to be enough good with the lean angle with a Gamepad. I tested with a G29 and i can control leaning nice to dont crash, but with the Gamepad its too very hard.

Less engine brake, the bike loses the rear tyre too easly.

I love the M2, its very good to love it un the first version, hope that with some improvements can be perfect  ;D

I can't tell if there's too much engine braking or not enough, as blipping doesn't seem to help anything. However most of the issues pointed out on here can be certainly reduced by stiffening up all of the front, and adding a rear preload. It's only a temp fix until pib does something with it but it seems to work for me. Still need to go easy round MG tho at the bottom of the hill, like everything else

Grooveski

My first impressions were pretty positive.  The front-heavy feel that everything had in B14 isn't there at all on the M2 bike, in fact it feels beautifully balanced.   8)

Front end washouts - yeah, I had a few.
Some I thought were a little harsh but others I felt were deserved and it was nice seeing them really.  Some betas have been a little forgiving for my liking, I prefer to be punished if I mess up...

Speaking of which - the grip on the grass is way too high.  There's no sphincter clenching at all if you clip it. 
I'd noticed it at Victoria out of the last corner but after that session I hit nordschleife for a while which showed how bad it is.  Clipping the grass at speed should be a worrying moment and just now it just plain isn't.

Nordy also showed how nicely balanced the M2 is.  It's taking the nearly-jumps well, sliding and popping wheelies in all the right places... :D

I don't feel the engine braking is too harsh(roll-off entries are fine)...
...so much as I feel the issue is with the clutch disengagement. 

It's partly the fault of my control setup - I play using a joystick, so if I'm on the brakes I'm also completely off the throttle(because they share an axis).
Using manual clutch it's fine because I can ease the clutch out but on auto-clutch downshifts are definatly harsh.
More options for slipper clutches would help the matter.

Hmmm, just crossed my mind that you may be able to add ramp adjustment for auto-clutch engagement/disengagment in the settings.  That'd be nice.   :)

Anyhow - great job.
...and yeah, much nicer demo bike than the 125.   ;)

Davide74

Quote from: Grooveski on February 09, 2019, 01:28:40 PM
My first impressions were pretty positive.  The front-heavy feel that everything had in B14 isn't there at all on the M2 bike, in fact it feels beautifully balanced.   8)

Front end washouts - yeah, I had a few.
Some I thought were a little harsh but others I felt were deserved and it was nice seeing them really.  Some betas have been a little forgiving for my liking, I prefer to be punished if I mess up...

Speaking of which - the grip on the grass is way too high.  There's no sphincter clenching at all if you clip it. 
I'd noticed it at Victoria out of the last corner but after that session I hit nordschleife for a while which showed how bad it is.  Clipping the grass at speed should be a worrying moment and just now it just plain isn't.

Nordy also showed how nicely balanced the M2 is.  It's taking the nearly-jumps well, sliding and popping wheelies in all the right places... :D

I don't feel the engine braking is too harsh(roll-off entries are fine)...
...so much as I feel the issue is with the clutch disengagement. 

It's partly the fault of my control setup - I play using a joystick, so if I'm on the brakes I'm also completely off the throttle(because they share an axis).
Using manual clutch it's fine because I can ease the clutch out but on auto-clutch downshifts are definatly harsh.
More options for slipper clutches would help the matter.

Hmmm, just crossed my mind that you may be able to add ramp adjustment for auto-clutch engagement/disengagment in the settings.  That'd be nice.   :)

Anyhow - great job.
...and yeah, much nicer demo bike than the 125.   ;)

+1000

KG_03

Ok I have done more rides and testing. Need to do more runs as Victoria is very flat with not many bumps. However as ludo05 said about shifting down in a corner. I wonder if there are many people who shift down in a corner. It cause bike instability and can leaf to crash. It might be different with downshifter.

Why I like current bike? Because there is very little margin for error. When riding in full lean it means you are on the edge. Not everywhere you can ride in full lean so you need to know when you can get that extra lean and where you dont.

With some recent mods we were used to all time grip in full lean and the slide out occured only when you were braking in turns or downshifted too soon. M2 bike has great feeling in both braking, cornering and accelerating. Even engine brake feels good once you get used to revmatchig or not downshifting too fast.

Davide74

Quote from: KG_03 on February 10, 2019, 01:08:28 AM
Ok I have done more rides and testing. Need to do more runs as Victoria is very flat with not many bumps. However as ludo05 said about shifting down in a corner. I wonder if there are many people who shift down in a corner. It cause bike instability and can leaf to crash. It might be different with downshifter.

Why I like current bike? Because there is very little margin for error. When riding in full lean it means you are on the edge. Not everywhere you can ride in full lean so you need to know when you can get that extra lean and where you dont.

With some recent mods we were used to all time grip in full lean and the slide out occured only when you were braking in turns or downshifted too soon. M2 bike has great feeling in both braking, cornering and accelerating. Even engine brake feels good once you get used to revmatchig or not downshifting too fast.

+1

For that we already have the games of milestone.

Alby46

The problem is the setup, it's too soft
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)