• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Pit Lane Penalities

Started by Myst1cPrun3, February 12, 2019, 09:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

February 12, 2019, 09:57:32 AM Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 11:23:28 PM by Myst1cPrun3
While not necessarily a large issue, penatlies for speeding in the pit lane and riding the Wrong way down it would be nice. I get people do it to get a timed lap quicker etc, and in a qualifying session I can sort of understand it, as it removes the outlap thus saving time, but if you're coming round near the entry on a fast lap it can be off putting to see people screaming onto the track that way, and I've had several collisions with people doing this. It's only a small thing, but it'd be a step into introducing accurate pit/race rules into GPB? Or is it just me that feels this way?

Hawk

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on February 12, 2019, 09:57:32 AM
While not necessarily a large issue, penalies for speeding in the pit lane and riding the Wrong way down it would be nice. I get people do it to get a timed lap quicker etc, and in a quality session I can understand it, as it removes the outlap thus saving time, but if you're coming round near the entry on a fast lap it can be off putting to see people screaming onto the track that way, and I've had several collisions with people doing this. It's only a small thing, but it'd be a step into introducing accurate rules into GPB? Or IST it just me that feels this way?

And then what about rules for classic bike races that didn't have any pit-lane penalties for such things?

When men were real men and had a sense of duty, honour and a sense of responsibility and common-sense to other human beings rather than just themselves and didn't require having to have these rules forced upon them. Lol!  ;D ;)

matty0l215

Black flag and kicked from the server for wrong way exit from the out in my opinion ;)

So bloody annoying seeing something comeing at you from pit entry even if not actually on the track.

Oh and use the whole pit lane. Don't just jump on the pissing track. That's why it's called pit exit lane.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hawk

Quote from: matty0l215 on February 12, 2019, 11:03:22 AM
Black flag and kicked from the server for wrong way exit from the out in my opinion ;)

So bloody annoying seeing something coming at you from pit entry even if not actually on the track.

Oh and use the whole pit lane. Don't just jump on the pissing track. That's why it's called pit exit lane.

+1 on that Matty.

teeds

+1 on the automatic penalties for this, I have ejected people from my servers for "wrong way down pit lane" during events.

KG_03

+1 I agree. Imagine you are on a good lap and there is someone riding in the opposite direction of a track... and its not rare case...

Napalm Nick

+1 it's cheating!   Think tyre wear on a qually tyre.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Myst1cPrun3

I get why people will do it in a qualifying session, skip the outlap, less fuel etc, and don't agree with it btw, but on a test day when there's literally nothing to be gained by it. That really drives me nuts.
Quote from: Hawk on February 12, 2019, 11:00:27 AM
While not necessarily a large issue, penalies for speeding in the pit lane and riding the Wrong way down it would be nice. I get people do it to get a timed lap quicker etc, and in a quality session I can understand it, as it removes the outlap thus saving time, but if you're coming round near the entry on a fast lap it can be off putting to see people screaming onto the track that way, and I've had several collisions with people doing this. It's only a small thing, but it'd be a step into introducing accurate rules into GPB? Or IST it just me that feels this way?

And then what about rules for classic bike races that didn't have any pit-lane penalties for such things?

When men were real men and had a sense of duty, honour and a sense of responsibility and common-sense to other human beings rather than just themselves and didn't require having to have these rules forced upon them. Lol!  ;D ;)

And putting in a couple of check boxes on server setup such as
[] Enable pit lane speed limit
[] Enable pit lane wrong way Penalities
Would solve the classic bike racing issue if you're bothered about that.
;)
Pleased it's not just me that gets annoyed by this tho

Hawk

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on February 12, 2019, 11:20:48 PM
I get why people will do it in a qualifying session, skip the outlap, less fuel etc, and don't agree with it btw, but on a test day when there's literally nothing to be gained by it. That really drives me nuts.
Quote from: Hawk on February 12, 2019, 11:00:27 AM

And putting in a couple of check boxes on server setup such as
[] Enable pit lane speed limit
[] Enable pit lane wrong way Penalities
Would solve the classic bike racing issue if you're bothered about that.
;)
Pleased it's not just me that gets annoyed by this tho

That would be a good solution to have it as a server settings option.....

It was the same solution we debated on the forum regarding the ability to be able to stop riders just resetting the bike and continue racing after a crash to move more to reality..... It would been good to have had this option but nothing became of it, but I'd guess it would be fairly simple to include it from Piboso's perspective if he agreed with it. ;)

Yeah good solution mate.  ;) 8)

Myst1cPrun3

Resetting hasn't been much of an issue for me, but certainly online it should be just the reset the what you're facing, and the hold to reset to track should be disabled, as sometimes people reset to the racing line and then cause a larger issue/accident. But it'd be good from that Perspective to see crashes with accurate rag doll, and the ability to run to the bike and pick it up manually, rather than just a respawn.

Hawk

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on February 13, 2019, 07:45:05 AM
Resetting hasn't been much of an issue for me, but certainly online it should be just the reset the what you're facing, and the hold to reset to track should be disabled, as sometimes people reset to the racing line and then cause a larger issue/accident. But it'd be good from that Perspective to see crashes with accurate rag doll, and the ability to run to the bike and pick it up manually, rather than just a respawn.

Yep agree mate....

I've no problem with resetting back to track after a crash for "Training mode", but then I'm more of a hardcore sim type of guy(where it's possible and sensible for a PC app), but for online events I'd prefer to have it so that if a rider crashes then he's out of the race...... Would be good to have it based on damage caused by the crash too, and like you said about a rag-doll rider during the crash and then an animation of the rider running to pick up his bike would be good, funny and entertaining too.  ;D
But I personally think that if a rider knew that if they crashed, then the chances of them being able to continue with the race would be "slim-next-to-nothing", then that would give riders a sense of fear of crashing just as in real-life and stop unrealistic riding practices that one wouldn't attempt in reality too that a player can often get away with playing a game/sim on a PC.....  :)

Unfortunately for me, I don't think there are many riders in GPB that would agree to GPB being that hardcore..... But all I'd be suggesting is that these ideas would be applicable via a server setting option so event organisers could decide whether to apply this or not.  :)

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Hawk on February 13, 2019, 09:55:02 AM

Yep agree mate....

I've no problem with resetting back to track after a crash for "Training mode", but then I'm more of a hardcore sim type of guy(where it's possible and sensible for a PC app), but for online events I'd prefer to have it so that if a rider crashes then he's out of the race...... Would be good to have it based on damage caused by the crash too, and like you said about a rag-doll rider during the crash and then an animation of the rider running to pick up his bike would be good, funny and entertaining too.  ;D
But I personally think that if a rider knew that if they crashed, then the chances of them being able to continue with the race would be "slim-next-to-nothing", then that would give riders a sense of fear of crashing just as in real-life and stop unrealistic riding practices that one wouldn't attempt in reality too that a player can often get away with playing a game/sim on a PC.....  :)

Unfortunately for me, I don't think there are many riders in GPB that would agree to GPB being that hardcore..... But all I'd be suggesting is that these ideas would be applicable via a server setting option so event organisers could decide whether to apply this or not.  :)

I agree completely, and like you like the more hardcore Sims, to the point I enjoy warmup laps and outlaps, but given the difficulty of standing upright Vs being reasonably competitive it can be a bit daunting. Especially with mods, as some may have bugs etc so some crashes may be a little 'unfair' so to speak. But the options in the server settings would be nice to have/simulate

Myst1cPrun3

Interestingly, Bike SIM Experience has just uploaded a Facebook video of the rider running to his bike after a crash, so I hope piboso will implement something simila

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on February 15, 2019, 04:29:46 PM
Interestingly, Bike SIM Experience has just uploaded a Facebook video of the rider running to his bike after a crash, so I hope piboso will implement something simila

yaaaaaaaay! SBK2001 style!   8)

Been asked for here a zillion times too, maybe its on PiBs to-do list.

Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (bse) has never looked so good (British meat sad joke)

Cant wait to try it.  :D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"