• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:59:21 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

New Game Engine

Started by DidietXFuera, December 25, 2018, 11:46:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

February 14, 2019, 03:55:54 AM #15 Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 04:07:54 AM by Hawk
Quote from: Tube91 on February 14, 2019, 12:30:44 AM
Bike Sim would probably take the lead... sad.
http://www.bikesimxp.com/

It sounds great, but notice they are not saying anything about the ability to MOD their app at all.... So you have to ask yourself: Is it going to be a sim that will only have in-house DLC's being sold to us now and again when they manage to get official product licences, and what sort of longevity and variety affect will that have on the sim itself with regards to long-term public interest?

Is it going to have an esports capability(and be designed for that too) for those that want to organise events online? Noticed nothing is being marketed or said about multi-player... Why?

Maybe their thoughts on a sustainable business model will be the very thing that makes it stumble at the first hurdle? That would be a shame considering the work that has obviously gone into creating BSE....

Having said that, it does look very promising and I sincerely hope they do have it right and do well from it.... Good luck guys! ;) 8)

poumpouny

I still see this video's physics not realistic at all, even Milestone's Moto gp game move way lot better even the TT game .........

KG_03

What was already said/confirmed on facebook:
-it will be simulation but still with more friendly way to control the bikes
-there will be visible damage on the bikes
-possible that you will be able to walk through the paddock
-if there will be enough money they will have licenced things
-no modding support
-game based on unity
-real life tyre degradation and simulation

I didnt see any ifnormations about multiplayer but sure there will be one. Anyway keep in mind that game will be developed for around 2 years. Thats a short time for a simulation.

Time will show but I expect it to be something between Milestone and PiBoSo

Manu

PhysX by NVIDIA.

No comments
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: KG_03 on February 14, 2019, 09:12:01 AM
-no modding support
-game based on unity

I didnt see any ifnormations about multiplayer but sure there will be one. Anyway keep in mind that game will be developed for around 2 years. Thats a short time for a simulation.

I think it's supposed to be multiplayer, like GPB, with ghost laps and online racing

Hawk

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on February 14, 2019, 12:40:13 PM
-no modding support
-game based on unity

I think it's supposed to be multiplayer, like GPB, with ghost laps and online racing

Indeed I hope so...... I just found it very strange that multiplayer being as huge as it is today that it wasn't being promoted as one of the main features.... It did raise a suspicious red flag for me..... I'm just wondering if they plan to release it before they implement multiplayer? That would be a very bad sign for me personally in that it usually signifies that they don't know what they are doing with multiplayer and netcode enough to create a rock-solid networking system from the get-go? I hope I'm wrong.  :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Manu on February 14, 2019, 11:12:53 AM
PhysX by NVIDIA.

No comments
Why ? It depends what it's used for. It's surely not bad per se.

I don't know how it will come out, but what I can say is that they started from scratch and the progress in what, 2 years?, has been excellent.
I wasn't super impressed by the choice of Unity but the more I read around about it the less it seems a werdo choice with respect to other game engines.

It's another bike game, it's not from milestone/big guns and they are not putting all their budget in advertising or silly sposoring: I have zero reason to be doubtful at the moment. We'll see once it's out ...

Quote from: poumpouny on February 14, 2019, 07:52:49 AM
I still see this video's physics not realistic at all, even Milestone's Moto gp game move way lot better even the TT game .........
Really ? What exactly ? The ones I've seen were pretty convincing.
For sure on another planet compared to MotoGP and TT (especially TT ...).

KG_03

Whatever we think now we need to support those guys. There arent many people wanting to pick up motorcycle subject. We need to wait for the final result of their work. I think it will not be a single release project but continous work. But I will ask them about it.

Napalm Nick

+1 on that KG.

I have more than enough room for another Motorcycle game. There really is no need to compare games to reach a 'best' conclusion. Only compare to see what's best about each one.

Bring it on!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Myst1cPrun3

February 14, 2019, 09:41:34 PM #24 Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 09:47:28 PM by Myst1cPrun3
Quote from: Hawk on February 14, 2019, 01:15:03 PM
Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on February 14, 2019, 12:40:13 PM
-no modding support
-game based on unity

Indeed I hope so...... I just found it very strange that multiplayer being as huge as it is today that it wasn't being promoted as one of the main features.... It did raise a suspicious red flag for me..... I'm just wondering if they plan to release it before they implement multiplayer? That would be a very bad sign for me personally in that it usually signifies that they don't know what they are doing with multiplayer and netcode enough to create a rock-solid networking system from the get-go? I hope I'm wrong.  :)

MP is supposed to be on release I think . Its at least what they said to me when I asked about it on one of their youtube videos. Whether it comes through or not is a different story tho. (Its also in the description of their BSE in cadwell park vid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ryzRdSCads)
Interestingly BSE is built on unity and not the Unreal engine that was a suggested replacement here.

poumpouny

Max : if you watch the replay video on their website (Monterey USA) in the 2/3/4th plan it's seems like bike don't have suspension at all, it's like sliding on ice track when the track has lot of denivelation change  :o,  also leaning start remind me arcade game in the 90's when moto bike start leaning way to soon before the rider even start to move his little pinky, i don't even talk about wheelie .........

HornetMaX

Quote from: poumpouny on February 15, 2019, 06:31:17 AM
Max : if you watch the replay video on their website (Monterey USA) in the 2/3/4th plan it's seems like bike don't have suspension at all, it's like sliding on ice track when the track has lot of denivelation change  :o,  also leaning start remind me arcade game in the 90's when moto bike start leaning way to soon before the rider even start to move his little pinky, i don't even talk about wheelie .........
I don't see anything scary in any of the videos. The 1st ones may have some weird impression of the bike sort of sliding around, true, but don't forget that in some occasions GPB looks very weird too. And they are not yet done (OK, in some ways GPB is not yet done either).

Personally at the moment I wondn't bet a buck on their physics being worse than GPB, just because I don't have any indication that that will be the case. It could be worse, of course, but it could also be on par or better.

For what is worth, visually it is already way better.

Tube91

wait and see, :D
and as discussed  yes of course the community is really important and here, for gpbikes we got a lot of modder and update for FREE.
Thanks to them.