• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:39:06 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Adjust Head Tracking Sensitivity

Started by Myst1cPrun3, April 17, 2019, 11:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

I'm currently trying to set up my Oculus to run the 'Rider Tracking' option in VR, allowing me to control the rider weight with movement of my VR headset.

At the minute, whenever I tuck in, In order for my rider to get down I end up popping my head on the number board at the front, and to sit up under braking I have to move onto where the gyro tail cam would be. It is very unrealistic and sadly kills any attempt at me using the Rider Tracking Option

What I was wondering is if there is a way to adjust the scaling, for instance, make it so moving half the distance IRL would move double in GPB, thus allowing me a full range of in game movement without having to walk around my room. Is there a file somewhere to edit this? Thanks in advance

teeds

+1 on this. Could with a gain slider on F/B and L/R lean tracking. I also hope at some point the head rotations will be reflected in the game.

8)

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: teeds on April 18, 2019, 07:35:36 AM+1 on this. Could with a gain slider on F/B and L/R lean tracking. I also hope at some point the head rotations will be reflected in the game.

8)

Even if its code for gain in the 'oculus. Ini' I'm not too fussed.
As for the Inc ame reflections it'd be awesome to see that.

Don't know if there's a way to increase sensitivity in the oculus app or anything like that external to GPB for now?

passerBy

Not sure how relevant this is, since I don't own a VR headset. But I do have a TrackIR-alike thingie that I was trying to use with GP Bikes at some point (can't use it at the moment though).

So, before Piboso implemented rider tracking I was thinking of utilizing head tracking for the rider lean input purposes. And I did find a solution for that. Just use vJoy to map the head tracking translational axes into rider lean in GPB.
It was more than a year ago, I think, so I can barely remember how exactly I did that, but it shouldn't be too hard.

I have no idea if vJoy also understands VR input, but I'd be surprised if it doesn't.

Of course, it's a workaround. And probably not the best one at that. But until Piboso came up with a better way of managing rider lean, I guess trying this out won't hurt.

Myst1cPrun3

The thing with the trackIR is that its params were adjustable in the program itself, as I ran it a while and could manually set sensitivities and such.
As for the vJoy, it seems to make it register as a joystick, however I'm not sure how the VR will react to that as I'm not entirely sure how VR works, and what clashes etc.

I will however look into it, as it would make VR close to perfect having the rider tracking working correctly

passerBy

Well, I suspected there might be some problems regarding using VR with vJoy. Hopefully it will be possible to make them work together.

Vini

Workaround: https://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=9474.0
But yes, some simple gain sliders for the rider lean would be very much appreciated.